Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2010-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors rebound and take one against the Suns?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 7

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am
martin wrote:with lee at sf you put three positions that will not score and an easy matchup for opposing sfs, my god, guys, you are nuts even to think that, haha!

I know it's nuts, but getting really sick of matador defense that will not keep people out of the lane. Where's the friggin' help? If you have to gamble for every steal, you need to have some one backing you up.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:01 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
martin wrote:with lee at sf you put three positions that will not score and an easy matchup for opposing sfs, my god, guys, you are nuts even to think that, haha!

I know it's nuts, but getting really sick of matador defense that will not keep people out of the lane. Where's the friggin' help? If you have to gamble for every steal, you need to have some one backing you up.

The guys we have can play defense, the problem they are having right now is that they are reaching in and trying to knock the ball away or get a steal.... that leads to several problems:
a) reaching in leads to a foul.
b) if you gamble then the guy gets by you, puts your big man at risk of getting a foul.

What they need to do is just move they feet and keep their hands up, just make the shot difficult, don't try and steal it or block it. Stop jumping on pump fakes at the 3 point line, cause they just blow right by you. Your job on defense is to stay in front of them and make their shot more dificult. If they make they make it. But don't foul! They got to learn to play aggresive on the interior, but smart on the perimeter.

the steals that are ok are the ones that come from playing the passing lanes, not the reach ins that are called fouls more often then not. The times that it is ok to go for a block is when the shot is near the hoop.

Give them some time, they are going to start realizing how to play better. May take them the rest of the season though.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Previous

Return to Game Threads