Hawks win again!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:53 pm
Man, what's with the Hawks doing what few teams can do...beat the Spurs, Pistons, and Cavs this season? This is ridiculously funny. Do teams really take them that lightly?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:44 am
Yoyo wrote:Man, what's with the Hawks doing what few teams can do...beat the Spurs, Pistons, and Cavs this season? This is ridiculously funny. Do teams really take them that lightly?

That, and Joe Johnson is playing great lately. He certainly deserves more respect than what he's gotten so far.

He'll be an all-star by next season.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:02 am
Yoyo wrote:Man, what's with the Hawks doing what few teams can do...beat the Spurs, Pistons, and Cavs this season? This is ridiculously funny. Do teams really take them that lightly?

just goes to show that any team can beat the other.

well, in the regular season atleast
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:54 am
Don't get too excited; the Hawks are garbage. Young, potential garbage. Joe Johnson is the only solid player, but even he's not one of the league's 15 best players or anything. The wins against the Spurs, Cavs, and Pistons are 3 of only 15 wins they have this season. They're better than the Knicks and the Bobcats at this point... and that's not saying much!

They have virtually the same pieces as Golden State (they aquired a star guard, drafted a former slam dunk champion, and start a pretty decent forward that nobody really knows about), but they're not using them nearly as well as we are (and our coach is one of the worst in the league!).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:57 am
They could make the playoffs next year if they be smart about it though in the draft. But most likely they're going to be retards again and draft Rudy Gay or something and that'll be there 6th Foward.

But here's the smart move to do: Trade Down with Toronto, Magics, or Portland and pick up a solid point guard (Rajon Rondo) and they'll be set.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 am
They would be fighting for the last playoff spot this year if they had picked Chris Paul.

Marvin better pan out for them...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:21 am
Marvin Williams was a bad pick. He's a college version of Gerald Green (who just got sent down to D-League). Dwight Howard is definately worth waiting 4 years to develop... but Marvin Williams will never be that sort of franchise player.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:48 pm
Too many forwards on the Hawks! They need to try to get a very good PG and trade some of the forwards they have because it will never work

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:57 am
A very good point guard is something that's tough to get your hands on. They'd need to give up something solid for it (either Johnson or Harrington). I dunno how attractive an average (at best) forward who demands starting time is to other teams (and I doubt the Hawks want to deal Joe Johnson), so they look pretty stuck with the team they got right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:45 am
They won't trade JJ and won't get a good pg for Al Harrington, as Harrington will be a free agent.

They had the chance to get one in the draft and blew it. They'll have the chance to do it again this year, but the prospects are worse than Deron and Chris Paul. Maybe Rajon Rondo or Daniel Gibson...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:48 am
Deron Wiliams has to be one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in quite some time. I expected much more than what he is showing

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:04 am
migya wrote:Deron Wiliams has to be one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in quite some time. I expected much more than what he is showing

Yeah, me too. But it's still soon...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:24 am
migya wrote:Deron Wiliams has to be one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in quite some time. I expected much more than what he is showing

I told you not to believe the hype, man. All the buzz out of Utah was that "they had finally found a suitable replacement for John Stockton"... Nobody will ever replace Stock. I knew it was hype when I heard it. Deron Williams will be decent PG, but never more than 15 & 6 a game (if he ever develops fully).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:38 am
Th reviews of him were real good but he just hasn't done a thing. Don't know what it is but the Jazz would be one of the top 3 teams in the West if he was close to what Chris Paul is right now

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:43 am
migya wrote:Th reviews of him were real good but he just hasn't done a thing. Don't know what it is but the Jazz would be one of the top 3 teams in the West if he was close to what Chris Paul is right now

Top 3?, not so fast, they're not even close to Phoenix, San Antonio or Dallas, but they'd certainly be a lock for the playoffs and would fight for their division title.
Next

Return to Sports Board