The San Fransisco Giants Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:13 pm
The A's minor league system gets a good showing here in Sacramento. Now, I'm not saying the team should move up here, but San Jose would be a lil bit closer for Stockton, Modesto, and Sac fans, who typically are more A's fans then Giants fans (until they won the World Series this year).

All I hope for is a new stadium for the raiders and A's.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:nicely put Dleague.... also, welcome to the board.

Wow, what a run! Hot stove in the bay area already...

Just some random thought:

Big ups on signing Huff... The money was worth it. I know the nay sayer would argue that the contract was too much but I don't. Part of it is Karma! Reward your players with something reasonable! Something has to be said for clubhouse chemistry.

I think you must sign Uribe but a two year deal. I dunno the finance but the guy time and time again performed for the giants. Sure his BA and OBP wasn't the best, but night in and night out, just when you think we were out, oooooooribe always comes through.

I am a big advocate on improving every year, but fact is, the should not tamper with the rotation. Leave it, Lincecum, MadBum, Cain, JA, Zito. Each of those players are capable of winning 15+ so do not mess with that.

I have a lot of with in Pablo, and I am pulling for the guy. Someone that loves and enjoys the game so much, Pablo is someone I root for and not against. Unfortunately, his success in his rookie season got to him IMO, and the lack of off season discipline really affected his game. I expect an improved Pablo next year!

Finally, much have been said about Brandon Belt and Crawford, and I hope that both Sabean and Bochy learned by Posey's all up. Don't hesitate to call up your studs when they are ready to help your team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 pm
Juan Uribe, now a Dodger.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 pm
Tejada now a Giant!
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Tejada now a Giant!

Yeah, a 1 year deal at .5 mil less than uribe got, we upgraded the ss position for sure

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:08 am
Well Tejada doesn't have better pop than uribe, but he is a better hitter (which is what we need). Uribe was always a 1-4 type of guy, with that one hit being a homerun, and the three outs being strikeouts... As much as I loved Uribe, he probably frustrated me just as much due to the fact he swung at the worst pitches in baseball.

Tejada was a good short term pick-up... hopefully we have a replacement in the farm system soon versus having to go through free agency again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:08 am
Well Tejada doesn't have better pop than uribe, but he is a better hitter (which is what we need). Uribe was always a 1-4 type of guy, with that one hit being a homerun, and the three outs being strikeouts... As much as I loved Uribe, he probably frustrated me just as much due to the fact he swung at the worst pitches in baseball.

Tejada was a good short term pick-up... hopefully we have a replacement in the farm system soon versus having to go through free agency again.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:13 pm
Uribe has gone and now your FO is lowballing Renteria with a 1 Million for 1 year contract.

Considering you guys scraped into the playoffs by 1 game & were underdogs the whole series through, It's very hard to imagine you guys repeating considering the strength of the PHILLIES with Cliff Lee back in Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:11 pm
PAWNO wrote:Uribe has gone and now your FO is lowballing Renteria with a 1 Million for 1 year contract.

Considering you guys scraped into the playoffs by 1 game & were underdogs the whole series through, It's very hard to imagine you guys repeating considering the strength of the PHILLIES with Cliff Lee back in Philadelphia.

I really don't care... we are the world champions (first time in my rememberance of sports has any of my sports team won anything, so I am soaking it up).
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:44 pm
Uribe wasn't worth that contract, the dodgers will learn that real quick, we replaced him with a all around better ss for less money and years...
And Renteria probably isn't worth more than a million, considering he likely won't see much action being backup ss.

Sent from my HTC ECO 4G
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:19 am
JREED wrote:Uribe wasn't worth that contract, the dodgers will learn that real quick, we replaced him with a all around better ss for less money and years...
And Renteria probably isn't worth more than a million, considering he likely won't see much action being backup ss.

Sent from my HTC ECO 4G

He's talking retirement because of the offer.

I guess it's a luxury you have when your the champs... to underpay knowing full well free agents are joining or rejoining at the chance to compete for a ring.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 am
he was talking about retirement well before the offer pawno... the giants do not need him (and just about every baseball team doesn't want him). If they did sign him, he would be a backup.

AND BTW.... he wasn't complaining when the Giants were over paying him 9 mill a year these last couple years, when he was worth much much less.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm
YES, less than a a day away from Pitchers and Catchers reporting! In terms of repeating... I know its a long shot, but hey, we are the only team that have the opportunity to say we have a chance to repeat (if you know what I mean) =)!

What an offseason! First of all, my first game of the year is opening day LA vs. SF! If last year was "torture", this year should be "here we go again". We live and die by our pitching, and I like our chances!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:17 pm
Disappointing start to the season. Belt looks good but our d needs to to get it together.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 am
yeah, lets hope they can at least split the series on the road. Get some momentum for the next one.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board