Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2010-11-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are the players going to leave their wives at home with Tony Parker coming to town?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 pm
San Antonio Spurs (13 - 2) @ Golden State Warriors (8 - 9)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Tim Duncan
PF - DeJuan Blair
SF - Richard Jefferson
SG - Manu Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (24.9) | M. Ginobili (21.5)
RPG - D. Lee (10.7) | T. Duncan (9.3)
APG - S. Curry (5.8) | T. Parker (7.3)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.6) | T. Parker (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (0.9) | T. Duncan (1.8)
Last edited by krome on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:59 pm
This right here is my favorite team in the NBA... Not named "The Warriors"

the reason i like the Spurs is because they are Golden States AntiChrist... They knuckle down and play D!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:27 am
Spurs coming off of a loss, and we are coming off of a win, lets see if we can limit or turnovers, and pull out a win. It great boost confidence booster if we do.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:15 am
No idea what to make of this game..

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:10 pm
Spurs are down right GOOD this year. Good team with great movements. Might be a game where we have to grind it out like the Jazz and win 89-82.... there no way Spurs giving up a 100+... Dont see that happening.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Like you guys said the Spurs are foreal, I think the most balanced team with a deep bench.

Just as long as DLee plays we have a chance, I see the rest of the players coming together as well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 pm
What do you guys think is the difference in the Spurs this season so far? I remember last year they looked like they had chemistry issues, R. Jefferson didn't seem to fit in at all..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:20 am
warchief wrote:What do you guys think is the difference in the Spurs this season so far? I remember last year they looked like they had chemistry issues, R. Jefferson didn't seem to fit in at all..

i think it's tim duncan.. he's looking like he's in the best shape he's ever been

Probably not showing up in the boxscore that he's having a incredible year... but when your known as "Mr Fundamental" it's the little things that you do that don't show up in statistics that can give you a competitive edge.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:24 am
PAWNO wrote:
warchief wrote:What do you guys think is the difference in the Spurs this season so far? I remember last year they looked like they had chemistry issues, R. Jefferson didn't seem to fit in at all..

i think it's tim duncan.. he's looking like he's in the best shape he's ever been

Probably not showing up in the boxscore that he's having a incredible year... but when your known as "Mr Fundamental" it's the little things that you do that don't show up in statistics that can give you a competitive edge.

I think the rest of their players are playing much better together. That team is getting contributions from everywhere and look real good as Duncan does less

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 pm
RJ found his nitch in the offense this season, but they were winning without a scorer at the position before. The big difference this year is Tim Duncan. Last year, Duncan struggled scoring in 1-on-1 situation, which meant less doubling and open shots for teammates. This year he's more efficient in 1-on-1 situations which is opening the offense for everyone else.

Dubs win by 8.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm
i feel really good about this and i usually get scared shitless when we play against powerhouse teams
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 am
I think we're going to have to live or die by the 3 ball tonight. the spurs are good inside but if one or two of our 3 point shooters can heat up we could come away with a w.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:34 pm
Like a lot our other wins, we need to start fast (mainly Ellis) and hope we rebound like beasts (Biedrins and hopefully DLee at full strength) ... and squeak out a win late in the fourth. More likely scenario TP goes for season high against Curry, DW will have a brick fest, and Biedrins gets quick fouls as the Spurs dominate the paint. Besides Utah, have we beaten any decent team thus far?
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 pm
dareedle wrote:Like a lot our other wins, we need to start fast (mainly Ellis) and hope we rebound like beasts (Biedrins and hopefully DLee at full strength) ... and squeak out a win late in the fourth. More likely scenario TP goes for season high against Curry, DW will have a brick fest, and Biedrins gets quick fouls as the Spurs dominate the paint. Besides Utah, have we beaten any decent team thus far?

I don't like our chances. Spurs haven't played since Sunday afternoon. If it was tail-end of back to back or end of road trip, maybe. Not likely to be a good outcome since we play no D and they defend well. They'll make us shoot jumpers, they lead the league in fewest FT's for their opponents so they apparently keep you out of the lane. Not good for Ellis. If we go nuts from 3...?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:11 pm
Well, we've almost beat them when we sucked...so, I think now we have a better chance. Plus, we're at home so that increases the chances. I'd rather not say if we win or lose...I know, cheap....but I'd feel better that way :-o
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Next

Return to Game Threads