Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Warriors 2010-11-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue their winning streak at home?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 pm
i don't wanna play at this paste... = \

it brings back bad memories
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:14 pm
i say let them keep shooting 3's... their percentages will go down

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 pm
Definitely not liking how the Warriors are making the Knicks look like the Warriors...make sense?
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:15 pm
we need lee....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:23 pm
I second that...we need Lee STAT..
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 pm
F*king knicks sinking everything tonight, nice comeback at the end though. I can hear all the monta haters already.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 pm
With Monta dropping 40 it's kind of hard to be a hater...but the defense kind of suffered in this game. Cover the guy shooting the 3s...sheesh. But yeah, come back was nice...although probably not needed if they weren't playing fricken Dantoni-ball. Take your damn time...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 pm
Monta did his thing and scored and carried the team, but there was no defense or people crashing the boards. Knicks are a bad team, but warrior made them look good when warrior down with Lee. I don't know why Wright didn't get in there I know he'll make mistakes and is raw, but I feel like he should get some chance to play in real game. Wright should be going through the mistakes during real game, because he's been injured and hasn't played much these past few season when warrior were out of it during the end of the season.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Cover the guy shooting the 3s...sheesh.

I don't think it is possible to cover Gallinari. Warriors lost because Curry wasn't showing his usual quality game and Knicks sinked almost everything.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:34 am
fullmetalx wrote:Monta did his thing and scored and carried the team, but there was no defense or people crashing the boards. Knicks are a bad team, but warrior made them look good when warrior down with Lee. I don't know why Wright didn't get in there I know he'll make mistakes and is raw, but I feel like he should get some chance to play in real game. Wright should be going through the mistakes during real game, because he's been injured and hasn't played much these past few season when warrior were out of it during the end of the season.

Wright, Brendab, wasn't available for the game...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 am
gaga_warioz wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:Cover the guy shooting the 3s...sheesh.

I don't think it is possible to cover Gallinari. Warriors lost because Curry wasn't showing his usual quality game and Knicks sinked almost everything.

Warriors lost because it wasn't their night.... I knew it when Felton hit falling down bank shot with the shot clock winding down. Sometimes, it is what it is.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:18 pm
There are really three main culprits for the loss.
1. Cohan - the curse of Cohan continues and very likely David Lee may be out for the season (it seems like he has surgery every other day) with really iffy PR from the front office regarding his status
2. Curry- one opposing guard having a career night may be a good night, but what point guard besides D Will has not had career night against Curry (Felton, Stuckey, ROY Rose, Fisher) .... he is not a point guard people ... he can't defend point guards, he can't defend in general, he is small, he has a bad turnover to assist ratio, he can't get the rim and create a shot for another teammate on a regular basis ... but he can score a lot when given the opportunity (last time I checked that was a shooting guard) and run a pick and roll on occasion
3. Smart (easily the worst bench in the NBA, and the play of Vlade and continual benching of 51% FG shooter BW) makes one question Smart's ability to win against elite teams in the West. Guys that hustle and practice hard are nice to have in practice, but when they can't make a critical bucket off the bench and your best lottery project gets no minutes ... Smart may make the naysayers right who think he benefited from a favorable schedule as we plummet to a sub .500 record.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:42 pm
We miss Lee. That's the main issue. Maybe if B. Wright & Ekpe weren't hurt it might not be as bad. Right now thanks to injuries, it's starting to resemble last year. Hopefully we can get some healthy big men soon.
Previous

Return to Game Threads