Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2010-11-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue to be perfect at home?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:49 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 5

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 pm
Vlad 2-6, 3-17 bench minus Reggie's , Smart sure has good reason to keep 50% fg shooter BW as the human cigar .... I don't know 18 better reasons than the bricks from our bench. Besides Monta great first quarter, not really good coaching job from Smart.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm
dareedle wrote:Vlad 2-6, 3-17 bench minus Reggie's , Smart sure has good reason to keep 50% fg shooter BW as the human cigar .... I don't know 18 better reasons than the bricks from our bench. Besides Monta great first quarter, not really good coaching job from Smart.

Yea, I must agree again with you. Not sure why BWright is setting on the bench. He must be sucking it up in practice and/or perhaps a lack of passion and energy???? Honestly, when I saw BW play Taj Gibson last week, I said to myself.... man, I rather have Adrien/DanG out there, cause I know at the minimum they play with some emotion and catch the DAMN ball every night and then.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 pm
oh my gosh. If we had lost that...

WHATS WITH THE WARRIORS AND BLOWING HUGE LEADS. seriously its really disheartening ~_~...but a win is a win. ANY other team and we would have lost that easily.

time to go check my blood pressure
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 am
I knew it will be all-rite =D>

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 am
what a strange game. complete meltdown after super 20 minutes or so of nice basketball. and then the scrubs sucking it hard. ellis and curry sitting too much and losing the rhythm. the half point other way and i would have started believing in existence of god.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:ben wallace looks like an inmate, and wright looks like he pissed in his pants :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Detroit may have the fukking UGLIEST starting lineup in the league!!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:23 pm
A lot of it also had to do with how Detroit played. They played horrible in the first half. They were getting embaressed and stepped up. We stopped doing the things that got us the lead on offense, and were not getting a lot of easy buckets off of turnovers. But we did play decent D. Our best offensive weapons (Ellis and Curry), were in fould trouble. So all in all it was a decent showing form us, but we lost the lead again because we don't have any to generate offense like ellis and curry, and when they are out or in foul trouble, the team becomes stagnent.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm
There was actually some nice plays from Vlad Rad that broke up the Zone defense. The fact that he was able to do that when they started zoning up probably helped us more then we realized. Because other then that we would have just started cranking up 3's.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:28 pm
The only reason Detroit made a run was questionable coaching from Smart. Adrien played great and never saw action until the fourth quarter ... Ellis only played 31 minutes ... and Smart played with the attitude (I have a lead) let me see what the end of the bench can do ... but Detroit has Villanueva and Gordon off the bench so matching starters and bench minutes with our bench is a recipe for disaster. Overall, Smart is a feel coach ... has yet to show the ability to look at the numbers to make substitutions (like field goal percentage ... +/- .... who is shooting well ... which is why we had DW and his 5-15 and BW on the bench .. by the way our 50% guys are Biedrins, Ellis and our not even trade bait BW ... by the way our bench like Vlad shoot 30%). Curry, DLee and Reggie have shot well while DW is the only rotation player that is field goal liability at 40%. When both Biedrins and Ellis started well, the team went jump shot crazy and forgot to share the ball with our two highest field goal guys ... that is coaching.
Previous

Return to Game Threads