Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2010-11-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back from the lost?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm

YES
13
100%
NO
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 13

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 pm
PAWNO wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:pawno, if you neg repped me for THAT, Ima bust your fantasy team


I hate HATERS!!!

Sorry bro. Try & bust that fantasy team :P

that means you ARE a hater :agrue:
~LilBallerx~

Image

Rookie
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Antelope Valley
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 pm
All Memphis starters got to rest in the fourth quarter against the Lakers, so not so much hope they will be fatigued. Rather, they'll be pissed that they got beat down by the Lakers (I saw the game, was much the same as Sunday night.)

This will be a good opportunity to see how good a defender D. Wright is, as Rudy Gay was the only Grizzly lighting it up against LA.

Conley doesn't look great - Steph would own him - but he looked quick (though Blake will make a lot of pgs look quick), and dealing with his penetration will be the other key to W's defense.

The big question is who starts in the backcourt with Ellis. D Wright should definitely match up with Gay, and so probably Reggie on OJ and Monta on Conley. Hopefully Monta gets steals and not early reach-around fouls as Conley tries to cross him over or blow by him.

Biedrins v. Gasol should be interesting.

W's win if Lee has the monster bounce-back game I expect with Randoloph out.
I Believe - that Curry and Monta are gonna have a lot of fun playing together for many years to come.
I Believe - we will be the most improved team in the league next year.

Rookie
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Looks like curry will be out. I don't think that is a bad idea. As a matter of fact we should make sure he is fully healthy. I would say to start Lin but I hate to say this however our home crowd puts way too much pressure on the kid. Look for R Williams to start and between him and Monta, I expect lots of minutes only for those two at the guard position, that is unless we get into foul trouble.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 am
I disagree with both Lin and Williams starting ... Williams screws the rotation (the only guy off the bench that can give Monta a blow and score at will on second teamers) .. Lin shouldn't start because he just looks rattle against top NBA talent. Start BW (and good luck for Conley taking his man off the dribble into a sea of trees). Wright can guard Gay at the perimeter and funnel his drives into Biedrins or Wright. In addition to winning small ball .. we may need a team that can win with size, so take advantage of the Curry injury and tinker with a bigger lineup.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:24 am
This match is promising... back to back is so hard to execute on the road.

We need to come out the gates strong and dont take the pressure from there necks.

120-105 (prediction... WIN)

Rookie
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 am
dareedle wrote:I disagree with both Lin and Williams starting ... Williams screws the rotation (the only guy off the bench that can give Monta a blow and score at will on second teamers) .. Lin shouldn't start because he just looks rattle against top NBA talent. Start BW (and good luck for Conley taking his man off the dribble into a sea of trees). Wright can guard Gay at the perimeter and funnel his drives into Biedrins or Wright. In addition to winning small ball .. we may need a team that can win with size, so take advantage of the Curry injury and tinker with a bigger lineup.


I hear ya! I like Williams off the bench better too. However, by starting BWright you are throwing Monta at the Point Position. I think that is a bad move. Not that Monta can't do it, but I think so far this season he is by far our best player, and best option at shooting guard (Don't think anyone here would disagree with that). Not starting Williams I understand because you are right on about giving Monta a break here and there. Plus Williams give our bench the fire power we desperately need. But starting Monta at PG just not ideal. In terms of Lin being rattled, you right about that! Only way to not get rattle is to play and get more experience. Since he is a pesky defender, I think it works out really well especially if you have him on Conley.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Evansville, AR
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am
DleagueDelight wrote:
dareedle wrote:I disagree with both Lin and Williams starting ... Williams screws the rotation (the only guy off the bench that can give Monta a blow and score at will on second teamers) .. Lin shouldn't start because he just looks rattle against top NBA talent. Start BW (and good luck for Conley taking his man off the dribble into a sea of trees). Wright can guard Gay at the perimeter and funnel his drives into Biedrins or Wright. In addition to winning small ball .. we may need a team that can win with size, so take advantage of the Curry injury and tinker with a bigger lineup.


I hear ya! I like Williams off the bench better too. However, by starting BWright you are throwing Monta at the Point Position. I think that is a bad move. Not that Monta can't do it, but I think so far this season he is by far our best player, and best option at shooting guard (Don't think anyone here would disagree with that). Not starting Williams I understand because you are right on about giving Monta a break here and there. Plus Williams give our bench the fire power we desperately need. But starting Monta at PG just not ideal. In terms of Lin being rattled, you right about that! Only way to not get rattle is to play and get more experience. Since he is a pesky defender, I think it works out really well especially if you have him on Conley.


Think they'll pick up another serviceable PG for occasions (hopefully few) when Curry is injured or out for fouls? Seems to me if you don't, then you go back to having no choice but to have Monta dominate the ball which could become habit-forming. Hope Lin succeeds, but think that it's asking a lot of undersized underdeveloped rookie to step in in that situation & others don't appear to be capable.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am
Let Nellie continue his business of guard development, but for our Warrior team to sniff and approach the playoffs it needs bigs that can produce. We tried for 3rd and 4th tier point guards and whiffed. I can't blame Lacob for going cheap ... after paying a lot of money for a sorry franchise ... I am completely confused on what people think Ellis should be doing ... they are so many 2's Jordan, Kobe, Iggy, AI ... that dominate the ball ... he ain't Nash or Kidd but Ellis needs to have the ball for quick transition offense, bring up the ball, pick and roll, and no undrafted rookie point guard should or will change that.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Rock Island, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 pm
I say Warriors win by 6...120 to 114. We'll see I guess! :)
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm
DleagueDelight wrote:
dareedle wrote:I disagree with both Lin and Williams starting ... Williams screws the rotation (the only guy off the bench that can give Monta a blow and score at will on second teamers) .. Lin shouldn't start because he just looks rattle against top NBA talent. Start BW (and good luck for Conley taking his man off the dribble into a sea of trees). Wright can guard Gay at the perimeter and funnel his drives into Biedrins or Wright. In addition to winning small ball .. we may need a team that can win with size, so take advantage of the Curry injury and tinker with a bigger lineup.


I hear ya! I like Williams off the bench better too. However, by starting BWright you are throwing Monta at the Point Position. I think that is a bad move. Not that Monta can't do it, but I think so far this season he is by far our best player, and best option at shooting guard (Don't think anyone here would disagree with that). Not starting Williams I understand because you are right on about giving Monta a break here and there. Plus Williams give our bench the fire power we desperately need. But starting Monta at PG just not ideal. In terms of Lin being rattled, you right about that! Only way to not get rattle is to play and get more experience. Since he is a pesky defender, I think it works out really well especially if you have him on Conley.



I partly agree with you Dleague. Ellis is at his best when playing off the ball, but I thik there is no choice here. We take too much away from R. Williams game when he is playing the point.

From the interview with coach Smart to me it seems like he is gonna go with a starting line up of Ellis, Carney, D. Wright, Lee, Beans. And then ask for about 10 minutes from Lin at the PG spot (probably while Conley is out). R Williams comes in and can score off the bench and play some 2 and 3. That leaves his usually sub. pattern for the bigs, Vlad/B. Wright at PF and Gad at the 5. I am not saying that this is what I would do, but I think that this is what he is gonna do.

If Lee can dominate the PF matchup, and D. Wright can contain Gay, then we will win.

Ellis should be able to dominate the PG Match up and Beans should be able to hold his own on Marc (just don't double off of Mayo or Gay). Carney should be able to play decent D agains Mayo and keep him in front of him, he has the height and quickness advantage. Since Randolph is out then Lee should be able to dominate Arthur. Lee has more hustle and more game. I think we win this event without curry.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:50 pm
if it's a gametime decision for curry, i'd rather much have him sit out... there'll be 78 more games left in this season after tonights game, and not having him for a long stretch will hurt us more than not having him for a game, two, or three... we need him for the long haul
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm
conley can not guard monta
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

Rookie
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Sloppy game... Not having a pg out there really shows.

All Star
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm
Rad providing well needed all around bench effort, overall team effort is way more active than the Lakers game when they looked passive.

Rookie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 pm
D Lee's touch around the basket has been horrible this game.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron