darko & Randolf

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:27 am
What do u think about trying to trade for D. Millisic and Zach Randolf? I think they would make a excellent addition. What would it take to get both? Tell me what u think?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:47 am
Randolph is a nutcase with no defence, an awful max contract and attitude problems. No, thanks.

Darko... seems like a bust so far. I'd be willing to give... a second round pick just to see what happens. Or maybe the Pistons would like to have a seasoned vet like Cheaney or Foyle :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:57 am
Already have a 6-page thread on a Randolph trade... enjoy:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=928

And Darko is garbage, so I have no interest other than unloading Dunleavy or Foyle (which we wouldn't do).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:23 pm
actually...

Foyle and 2nd rounder for Darko...may not be that bad. Foyle do have a rather large contract, and Darko...well its ending soon...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:58 pm
But I think both teams are over the cap, so it wouldn't work...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:54 pm
I would certainly welcome running the risk of a second rounder or a protected first rounder (we have a Philly 1st round pick I believe) for Darko. It cant hurt to have another young seven footer lying around. Remember it took Jermaine O'Neal almost 5 years to make an impact. I am not suggesting that Darko is going to be anywhere near that talent level, but he might be well worth a cheap draft pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:58 am
Thunder wrote:I would certainly welcome running the risk of a second rounder or a protected first rounder (we have a Philly 1st round pick I believe) for Darko. It cant hurt to have another young seven footer lying around. Remember it took Jermaine O'Neal almost 5 years to make an impact. I am not suggesting that Darko is going to be anywhere near that talent level, but he might be well worth a cheap draft pick.

We have two picks for the 2007 draft. Ours and the one we didn't trade to Denver. I'm not sure if it's Philly's or the one we got from Dallas.

But I wouldn't give up a first round pick for Darko. Too much of a risk. Nothing else than a second round pick (and the Foyle idea was intended as a joke, Dumars would never take him with that contract).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:06 pm
TMC wrote:Randolph is a nutcase with no defence, an awful max contract and attitude problems. No, thanks.

yes sir. Randophs coach was quoted awhile back saying that he used to wake up in the morning and read the local section of the newspaper just to make sure Randolph wasnt dead.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:56 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:yes sir. Randophs coach was quoted awhile back saying that he used to wake up in the morning and read the local section of the newspaper just to make sure Randolph wasnt dead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 am
tradedunleavy wrote:yes sir. Randophs coach was quoted awhile back saying that he used to wake up in the morning and read the local section of the newspaper just to make sure Randolph wasnt dead.

That sounds about right. It takes a lot to dethrone JR Rider, Rasheed Wallace, and Damon Stoudamire as the Blazer's most messed up player of all time...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 am
#32 wrote:That sounds about right. It takes a lot to dethrone JR Rider, Rasheed Wallace, and Damon Stoudamire as the Blazer's most messed up player of all time...

Don't forget about Ruben Patterson. That kid is another good prospect ...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:26 am
Yeah, but Randolph's head and shoulders above the rest. I didn't think ANYONE could touch Isaiah Rider, but... you never know!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:14 pm
hmmmm, I think I am on the Ruben Patterson boat for "craziest current Trail Blazer." Deciding to 'not play due to lack of playing time' ups his crazy value immensely.

As far as the draft picks go I am pretty sure that the W's have the Philly pick only. They sent the Dallas first rounder in the Najera trade to Denver. It was the lone incentive to take on the salary as far as Denver was concerned.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:32 am
Thunder wrote:As far as the draft picks go I am pretty sure that the W's have the Philly pick only. They sent the Dallas first rounder in the Najera trade to Denver. It was the lone incentive to take on the salary as far as Denver was concerned.

Yeah, I knew we had sent one, just didn't know wich one.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:18 pm
#32 wrote:

That sounds about right. It takes a lot to dethrone JR Rider, Rasheed Wallace, and Damon Stoudamire as the Blazer's most messed up player of all time...

Stoudamire wasn't a bad blazer. He only got caught smoking weed once. :banghead:
Next

Return to Trades