Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2010-10-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors stop the inside tandem of Griffin/Kaman?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:16 pm

YES
16
80%
NO
4
20%
 
Total votes : 20


All Star
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Los Angeles Clippers (0 - 1) @ Golden State Warriors (1 - 0)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Kaman
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Ryan Gomes
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Baron Davis

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.5) | C. Kaman (18.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.8) | C. Kaman (9.3)
APG - S. Curry (5.9) | B. Davis (8.0)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.2) | B. Davis (1.7)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.3) | C. Kaman (1.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:36 am
we should be OK if Kaman doesn't take full advantage of the lack of big men defending.
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 am
Kaman and Griffin are going to eat us up. Biedrins looked a lot more like his former self last night, and I love Lee in there, but defensively it's not pretty. Hopefully Amundson and Udoh can provide some defensive depth when they get back. That being said, I am not really expecting anything from Udoh this year. Krome, did I mention you are the man yet???
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5859
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am
yeah krome... great job!!!

baron scares me more in this game... his height and strength and the season being so young means he may come out early with a chip onthe shoulder and look to get curry into early foul trouble.

i just hope it's the "ive got my money and i dont care for the game" baron that shows up.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:03 am
I'm mostly worried about fouls. Biedrins fouled out really fast last night. And it doesn't look good when we play Radmanovic at center (as it should be, because he's a SF, but who cares, right?). Generally, our issue on defense were fouls. We started bad on defensive side of the ball, but later on, their guys were covered, if someone got blocked, the other Warrior was there to jump in. It's just that every time even when we played good on defense, we got called for foul. And it doesn't matter if we had 4 fouls in that quarter, every foul seems to get the opposition team on the foul line. Just take away those FTs from the Rockets last night, and you'll see that their offense was not as good as Warriors' when it comes to scoring from the field.
Image
Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:57 am
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 am
krome wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage


Post apocalyptic bikers gang is back!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:
krome wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage


Post apocalyptic bikers gang is back!


HAHA, had to +1 this... made me laugh while sipping coffee... and came out my nose 8-[
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:48 pm
Guybrush wrote:I'm mostly worried about fouls. Biedrins fouled out really fast last night. And it doesn't look good when we play Radmanovic at center (as it should be, because he's a SF, but who cares, right?). Generally, our issue on defense were fouls. We started bad on defensive side of the ball, but later on, their guys were covered, if someone got blocked, the other Warrior was there to jump in. It's just that every time even when we played good on defense, we got called for foul. And it doesn't matter if we had 4 fouls in that quarter, every foul seems to get the opposition team on the foul line. Just take away those FTs from the Rockets last night, and you'll see that their offense was not as good as Warriors' when it comes to scoring from the field.



He didn't play center did he? For those siz minutes he came and Beans went out, D. Lee played C and Vlad played PF.

I do agree he played out of position, but he should be able to take a advantage on offense. Again I have never seen him play outside of GSW, but he just seems.... i don't know the word... it's like he isn't trying hard, like he doesn't care. I am sure he is more then capable, but his heart doesn't seem in it...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:57 pm
It will be nice to see BD back.

Isn't it weird how we all had a fit that we didn't resign him and let him slip away to LA and he hasn't had a decent season since? I think it has to do with his lack of drive and passion, off court distractions, and a coach and team he didn't really respect.

Some might "minus" me for saying this but, I really do think that BD getting away could prove to be a blessing in disguise. If we would have given him a good contract to keep him and he played the way he has the last couple of years, we would be singing a different tune. I still like the guy, and he is still fun to watch when he tries.

Maybe I am just looking at the glass as half full..

(I hope Curry schools him, so we can all get over that season we let BD go... or at least so I can get over it LOL).
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I'm mostly worried about fouls. Biedrins fouled out really fast last night. And it doesn't look good when we play Radmanovic at center (as it should be, because he's a SF, but who cares, right?). Generally, our issue on defense were fouls. We started bad on defensive side of the ball, but later on, their guys were covered, if someone got blocked, the other Warrior was there to jump in. It's just that every time even when we played good on defense, we got called for foul. And it doesn't matter if we had 4 fouls in that quarter, every foul seems to get the opposition team on the foul line. Just take away those FTs from the Rockets last night, and you'll see that their offense was not as good as Warriors' when it comes to scoring from the field.



He didn't play center did he? For those siz minutes he came and Beans went out, D. Lee played C and Vlad played PF.

I do agree he played out of position, but he should be able to take a advantage on offense. Again I have never seen him play outside of GSW, but he just seems.... i don't know the word... it's like he isn't trying hard, like he doesn't care. I am sure he is more then capable, but his heart doesn't seem in it...

If I remember correctly both Biedrins and Lee were out during those 6 minutes that Radmanovic played. Maybe even the whole starting 5 were on the bench. Not sure, though. Never mind, anyway.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:56 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:59 pm
If it doesn't work out for him as a Clipper, Baron Davis could always play for the Giants ! ;)
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:16 am
Griffin looked very very good the other day. Hopefully Lee/Andris can handle them. Kaman is actually less trouble I think. Griffin has unlimited energy, restrict that and I think warriors can come close/win
Australian Fan

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:05 am
Too much strength at almost every position. I won't put how much, but I think this is a bad matchup unless we can force alot of turnovers.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:53 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:43 am
I think we will get a lot of rebounds and Monta will go off baby!!! I think with the defense too it will take our players a bit of time to get into the swing of things with Smart but the D will be better eventually!!! This is going to be one heck of a great game!!!
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
gaga_warioz wrote:
krome wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage


Post apocalyptic bikers gang is back!


HAHA, had to +1 this... made me laugh while sipping coffee... and came out my nose 8-[

Lol, you got to love baron's bum beard.
Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron