NBA fantasy league 1 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21851
» Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:35 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:someone needs to tell me how to put the best possible starters on your team, as well as the whole free agent bs




You pick who you think the best starters are, but look at it, only three players on your roster will be on the bench and thus not contributing any stats on any given day. So basically all but three players on your roster will be active and getting you stats, makes it much easier.

If you see a player in free agency that you want and that you think is better than a player on your roster, you just select to add him and then a player on your roster to drop that the free agent will replace. Take into account how many players you have at each position, that is, how many Centers you have (as an example). You don't want to have too few players at any given position, as then you might get in the situation where you may not be able to fill an active roster position on a given day
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 am
make sure to play the guys that have a game that day

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm
Everyone is aware that the season starts tomorrow, right?

Role Player
Posts: 420
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:48 pm
Coooach, your team stinks. Bow down to my greatness.

Beast, I owned you in fantasy football. Watch me do it again in fantasy basketball.

Migya, I'm glad I'm versing your team in week one. My boys need an easy match-up to ease their way into the year.

Everyone else, I give you permission to fight it out for second place :)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5879
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Coooach, your team stinks. Bow down to my greatness.

Beast, I owned you in fantasy football. Watch me do it again in fantasy basketball.

Migya, I'm glad I'm versing your team in week one. My boys need an easy match-up to ease their way into the year.

Everyone else, I give you permission to fight it out for second place :)



I like my team in points, FG, Free throws (shaq needs to show up) , 3 points will be week to week. Rebounds (David Lee) and steals... Well i think i got that

Assists will be my issues, But with so many fundamental players like Odom, Dunleavy etc then i think i could win the division sometimes.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:02 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Coooach, your team stinks. Bow down to my greatness.

Beast, I owned you in fantasy football. Watch me do it again in fantasy basketball.

Migya, I'm glad I'm versing your team in week one. My boys need an easy match-up to ease their way into the year.

Everyone else, I give you permission to fight it out for second place :)


not over till its over.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21851
» Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Coooach, your team stinks. Bow down to my greatness.

Beast, I owned you in fantasy football. Watch me do it again in fantasy basketball.

Migya, I'm glad I'm versing your team in week one. My boys need an easy match-up to ease their way into the year.

Everyone else, I give you permission to fight it out for second place :)




The turd I drop on you will show you what our matchups will be like :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 am
Ahh, trash talk. I love it. Let the games begin. With two teams with a "big 3", Kobe is going out to prove that he is the greatest player of all-time. I was so glad when you paper GM's let him drop all the way to me in the draft. Especially selecting Dwight Howard before Kobe.

Role Player
Posts: 420
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 pm
Yeah, you're right Coooach, letting Kobe slip was silly; it's not like he'll be battling niggling injuries all season, and it's not like the Lakers completely coast through the regular season in order to turn it up for the play-offs. And Dwight stinks, anyone could lead the league in rebounding and blocks for two consecutive seasons and shoot 60% from the field. I guess I am in for a tough year...

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:17 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Yeah, you're right Coooach, letting Kobe slip was silly; it's not like he'll be battling niggling injuries all season, and it's not like the Lakers completely coast through the regular season in order to turn it up for the play-offs. And Dwight stinks, anyone could lead the league in rebounding and blocks for two consecutive seasons and shoot 60% from the field. I guess I am in for a tough year...


Hey Aussie, you forgot to mention free-throw percentage. Hack-a-Dwight, and turn-overs. Believe me. I had him in pass years. Not a great fantasy player. Blocks is a minor category tyhat sneeds contribution from everybody. But one bad free-throw shooter can sink you real quick.

Role Player
Posts: 420
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:59 pm
The Coooach wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:Yeah, you're right Coooach, letting Kobe slip was silly; it's not like he'll be battling niggling injuries all season, and it's not like the Lakers completely coast through the regular season in order to turn it up for the play-offs. And Dwight stinks, anyone could lead the league in rebounding and blocks for two consecutive seasons and shoot 60% from the field. I guess I am in for a tough year...


Hey Aussie, you forgot to mention free-throw percentage. Hack-a-Dwight, and turn-overs. Believe me. I had him in pass years. Not a great fantasy player. Blocks is a minor category tyhat sneeds contribution from everybody. But one bad free-throw shooter can sink you real quick.


Maybe in Roto, but in H2H, I can punt FT% and TOs and still win 7-2 every week. At least, that's the plan :mrgreen: At least with Migya this week I will get to start off 9-0, which will be good.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 pm
dang fantasy takes up a lot of time....i don know if I'll be able to set rosters specifically every day
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:13 pm
I think I forgot to check whether my players were in any games today. free win for Beast -_-

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:21 pm
OMG you can set rosters for weeks/months in advance. It's so easy. (just don't make any roster moves because then it all resets).
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:49 pm
EXPLAIN. no me comprehendo fantasy....NEWBIE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest