Whats Diogus future here?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:01 pm
Just trade him now while we still have a chance.

There's no reason for him to just sit on the bench the whole time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:15 pm
Yes there is. We don't want to trade a future star away while he's still only worth other rookies or average players. Diogu may become huge in a couple years. Before then, there's no reason to trade him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:01 pm
Not sure how Ike can become "huge" when sitting on the bench the next three years. I agree he can be a poor mans Elton Brand in the league and well worth having as your starting 4 but with Troy here Ike will get no more than 5-10 minutes a game. Ike is too small to play the 5.

So even if he does blow up we wont have cap space to sign him unless we move some of these horrendous contracts. Even then if we have the cap room why sign two PF's to big contracts if neither of them can play the 5???

Im with the trade Ike now group but only if we can unload Dunleavy and/or Foyles contract with him. Thats why the Artest trade was perfect...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:53 pm
The team has been good lately but Diogu has been a forgotten man! If the team all of a sudden starts winning alot and Murphy plays well like he has been, Diogu will not get much court time for the rest of the season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:01 am
Don't call me on it, but something in my gut is telling me that Mullin is shopping Murphy around. I think it's a lot quieter this time (since the Indy talks spooked him bad), but something in my gut is telling me Murph wont be a Warrior for more than 82 more games...

Just a hunch, but it's what I'm thinking. Maybe the Pacers asking for Ike inspired Mully to drop Ike's trade value for now and play Murphy more (allowing him to achieve superstar numbers). We all know Ike can play, that's not the question. The question is whether the OTHER team knows it. If we're trying to unload Murphy for an above average player and the other team asks for Ike (whom the Warriors have basically deemed untradeable), then everything goes to hell. Call it a hunch, but I think Murphy is getting shopped behind closed doors.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:27 pm
You never know.

ALL FOR MURPHY, TAFT AND DUNLEAVY FOR KEVIN GARNETT

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:40 pm
... I don't even need to say it. Everyone already knows. :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:47 am
migya wrote:You never know.

ALL FOR MURPHY, TAFT AND DUNLEAVY FOR KEVIN GARNETT

What?, could be?, I never would have thought of that trade!!!!! :wink:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 pm
Dunleavy is a total bust for a #3 pick, why did he get a big contract!!! the problem is and always is the front office, they need somebody with big time NBA front office experience, and a GM who knows what he is doing. I like Chris Mullen, but his picks (Andris Biedrins) and signing of Bustlleavy to a big long term, hey Chris stop spending money like a young inexperience GM!! ouch!! I forgot you are one. Let's look you sign Derek Fisher to a 40 or 50 million deal, now is that the going rate of a back up point guard!! and this year I would of tried to trade Bustleavy to get anthor pick in the draft a late first round would of been good, I thought from all I heard we where going to draft Danny Granger, what a steal that was for Indiana. Anyway I'm still waiting for this organization to get there act right!! there is a reason the Warriors are always in the draft lottery!!! inexperience, bone-head long term signing's, bad scouting, and no front office leadership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 pm
Ike a... gangsta! He's an absolute beast---- In 05' I was a little surprised by the pick.. a little. But he should be a Warrior for a long time. Sometimes he looks weird on the court, but rest assured he is a poor man's E.B. ( otherwise a very offensive polished version of M. Rose. He is our low post Warrior.. Just imagine him in 08'. Defensively he has about 2 yrs, yet he is extremely capable now of playing 15-25 minutes in the West... Everybody like's Ike, & you will too........... *** 030 ***
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:40 pm
oldGwarrior wrote:I like Chris Mullen, but his picks (Andris Biedrins) and signing of Bustlleavy to a big long term, hey Chris stop spending money like a young inexperience GM!!

Did you just diss Biedrins...? First I've heard around here in quite a while. Andris Biedrins is being groomed for the starting center position. He's a better rebounder and inside scorer than Foyle (to go along with his very good shot blocking ability). He's the future of the Warrior's at the 5 spot. Dunno what you could find bad about him (aside from his former tendencies to hack the opposition... but, like I said, those were "former" problems).

oldGwarrior wrote:Let's look you sign Derek Fisher to a 40 or 50 million deal, now is that the going rate of a back up point guard!!

Fisher was brought in as a starter. Ideally, Speedy was supposed to be the backup and Fisher was supposed to start. Injury to Fisher (along with extremely great, opportunist, play from Speedy) prompted Claxton into the starting job. But make no mistake; Fisher was signed to be our starting point guard... and a championship-proven, sharp-shooting, clutch, defensively sound point guard who had only played for less than 10 years isn't that cheap...

oldGwarrior wrote:I thought from all I heard we where going to draft Danny Granger, what a steal that was for Indiana.

No doubt, a good grab for Indy. Danny Granger is a sav. But I still prefer Diogu. In the same amount of minutes, he produces more. All Ike needs is a shot to prove it.

oldGwarrior wrote:there is a reason the Warriors are always in the draft lottery!!! inexperience, bone-head long term signing's, bad scouting, and no front office leadership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inexperience? Check. Bone-head long term signinging? Dunleavy & Foyle, sure, but not really anybody else. Bad scouting? Hell no; Chris Mullin drafts mountains of talent (Pietrus, Diogu, Biedrins, Ellis, Taft, ect). No front office? Ehhh, we're getting better...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:56 am
Are all you guys Freaking IDIOTS, you want to get rid of Murphy now that he has improved his game......... Here we go another soon to be star player leaving us again like lets say Gibert Arenas or Chris webber.... give the guy a chance, Mully knows what he is doing. He wouldn't be the G.M. for nothing. Im pretty sure if there is something out there worth trading for he will pull the trigger... But lets lay off of Murphy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:12 am
I've been saying that since Day 1, MJ...
Previous

Return to Trades