Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:13 pm
WEEK 3 PICKS!

Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG

Calling the upset here. I think the Giants are a long way from where they need to be.

SF @ KC

Surely the 49ers won't start the season 0-3? And surely the Chiefs won't start 3-0?

DAL @ HOU

I'd normally call this a high-scoring affair, but the Cowboys offense is a bit of a mess. The Texans are firing on all cylinders.

BUF @ NE

Early favourite for worst team in the league? The Bills!

CLE @ BAL

Ravens might not be as good as I thought they were, but they'll easily win this.

DET @ MIN

Favre finally gets on the board.

ATL @ NO

Close game, one of the games of the week, but I'm sticking with the home team on this one.

PIT @ TB

Tampa Bay's undefeated start to the season comes to an end. Low-scoring game.

CIN @ CAR

Panthers aren't very good. Bengals in a close one; another low-scoring affair.

WAS @ STL

The Redskins might be OK, I don't know; the jury is still out. But it's clear the Rams aren't very good.

PHI @ JAC

Hey MJD, when are you going to start doing something?

IND @ DEN

Colts might not have much of a defense, but wow 'bout that offense? Insane. Denver will keep the score respectable though.

OAK @ ARI

Only because the Cards are at home.

SD @ SEA

Rivers might be a d*ck, but he's a pretty good quarterback.

NYJ @ MIA

I think the Jets showed against the Pats they are the real deal, but they'll need a win in this game to confirm it.

Mon, Sep 27

GB @ CHI

Are the Bears good? Maybe, but they're not beating the Packers. I'm thinking fairly high-scoring, decided by a late TD in the 4th.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm
Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG - Young's inconsistencies have once again cropped up. Don't be fooled by what he did in the 2nd half of last season is not the superstar many people think he is or will be. If all of the talk about his emotions and psyche are even remotely true, this guy has no business being in the NFL.

SF @ KC - It's go time! KC isn't too bad, but this isn't a case of me picking my team because I can't pick against them, i really think we will win this game.

DAL @ HOU - Dallas gets their 1st win and Houston gets their 1st loss because the texans lost their starting tackle to a PED suspension and Ware will dominate.

BUF @ NE

CLE @ BAL

DET @ MIN

ATL @ NO

PIT @ TB - Pit's D looks good.

CIN @ CAR - TO and Ocho are going to put on a endzone celebration marathon of the likes we've never seen!

WAS @ STL

PHI @ JAC - slight upset here, if Vick gets the nod then he'll return to his old form and it'll be picks galore.

IND @ DEN

OAK @ ARI - Gradkowiski is getting the start and that means the Raiders get the win.

SD @ SEA - Look for the Seahags to drop their next 10 or so as Pete Carrol asks himself why he left college, then he is reminded it's because of all the heat he would have caught for cheating.

NYJ @ MIA - Jets need to get their mind right, they are acting all sorts of stupid.

Mon, Sep 27

GB @ CHI - Should be a great offensive game as Culter and Rodgers drop bombs all over the field.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:14 am
JREED23 wrote:Sun, Sep 26

DAL @ HOU - Dallas gets their 1st win and Houston gets their 1st loss because the texans lost their starting tackle to a PED suspension and Ware will dominate.

I'm FRICKING PUMPED for this game.

I think it will be a shoot out, You know valid point about DeMarcus Ware having his way against a backup LeftTackle, But Matt Schuab is very reminisince of Aaron Rodgers and i like Schuab being able to make plays and throws with his feet while the Pass Rush is chasing him down.

I think Tony Romo will be a fantasy champion this weekend, But unfortuneately i see Dallas dropping to 0&3 for some reason.

NON PRIMETIME GAME OF THE WEEK IN MY OPINION

*But the Monday Night Packers v Bears gotta be the pick of the whole crop this week.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 am
WEEK 3 PICKS!

Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG

SF @ KC

DAL @ HOU - If dallas loses, Phillips is gone!

BUF @ NE

CLE @ BAL

DET @ MIN - If Minny loses, Farve is gone!

ATL @ NO

PIT @ TB - shocked both teams are 2-0

CIN @ CAR

WAS @ STL

PHI @ JAC

IND @ DEN

OAK @ ARI - Brad Grad!!!!

SD @ SEA - upset pick!

NYJ @ MIA

Mon, Sep 27

GB @ CHI
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm
week 3

Bengals
Patriots
Chiefs
Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Saints
Vikings
Texans
Jaguars
Redskins
Colts
Seahawks
Dolphins
The Great Raiders
Packers

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:05 am
WEEK 3 PICKS!

Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG

Will the real Vince Young stand up, ok still waiting, taking the home team- the G-men take it.

SF @ KC

Niners stout run defense forces Cassel to throw, because of that Niners win

DAL @ HOU

I just don't see Dallas going 0-3, too much hype leading to the season for that, plus they get much needed returns on their O-line.

BUF @ NE

Damn the Bills suck, with the #1 draft pick Bill select Andrew Luck. Pats make it 14 in a row over the bills.

CLE @ BAL

If only the offense can do something, they allow less than 10 pts against the browns.

DET @ MIN

The Lions with Javid Best not so bad to watch anymore, but still have long ways to go. Peterson goes for 500 yards 5 tds [-o< , for fantasy purposes.

ATL @ NO

Who Dat ? the saints, plus falcons RB is a bit banged up.

PIT @ TB

This a tough choice, but I will take the Steelers, defense defense defense.

CIN @ CAR

Cinci takes the win, Carolina gets to see what Jimmy Clausen can do.

WAS @ STL

McNabb has another field day this time Redskins get in the endzone more, and smash on the Rams.

PHI @ JAC

David Garrad ? Your a scrub, Philly looks dymamic with TOP DOG vick as the QB, add DeSean Jackson RB McCoy, it could be trouble.

IND @ DEN

Colts win, but Denver keeps its close, RIP to Denver return man Kenny McKinley

OAK @ ARI

I like Bruce Gradkowski as the starting QB, raiders gel, and beat the Cardinals in a close game.

SD @ SEA

Rivers and Gates, pretty much know whats coming, but can't be stopped.

NYJ @ MIA

The jets take it in a snoozer

Mon, Sep 27

GB
@ CHI

Packers put up the points, shout out to James Jones wide reciever from GB, same high school, same grade, real koo dude.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 pm
aghh didnt make picks motherfkr

how bout i just get 50 % for the week
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:56 pm
You get the lowest score of all participants for week 3. No biggi or real disadvantage for you. Still in the game pal.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:28 am
Nice. Time for comeback.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:24 am
Spreadsheets been updated.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:56 pm
Week 4 Picks! (Where I extend my lead)

Sunday 3rd October

San Francisco @ Atlanta

I can't believe the 49ers will start the season 0-4. And they'll probably still win that division. What a mess!

New York Jets @ Buffalo

The Jets clearly are a good team, and Sanchez is actually playing half-decent.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

I'm going to be stubborn and stick with my pre-season SB pick, even if they aren't playing that well, and the Steelers are.

Carolina @ New Orleans

Brees and Co. (should) bounce back in a big way after last week's loss. Stupid Garrett Hartley.

Denver @ Tennesse

Too much Chris Johnson. And the Titans def is great too.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

I wanted to tip the upset here, but I'm a wuss. Bengals in a crappy, low-scoring game, as most of their games seem to be.

Detroit @ Green Bay

Lots of points on offer here for the Packers. Hopefully they stop committing so many penalties.

Seattle @ St Louis

Impressive win last week against the Redskins. They'll take care of the Seahawks, who can't win on the road.

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Traditionally, games between these two teams are close. I can't see that happening this time around however.

Houston @ Oakland

I think the Texans will win this comfortably. They want to prove the game against Dallas was a one-off, not a sign of things to come. But McFadden is playing like a beast.

Arizona @ San Diego

As long as Derek Anderson is taking the snaps, the Cards will stink it up. Plus the Chargers are pretty good too.

Washington @ Philadelphia

Philly seem like a fun team (and a pretty good one), but I don't feel right cheering for them. Is it time to forgive Vick yet? I honestly don't know...Probably not, but can't stop him from playing football.

Chicago @ New York Giants

I still don't think the Bears are for real, but let's tip them here anyway.

Monday 4th October

New England @ Miami

Primarily because I have picked up Green-Ellis in a few leagues, and want him to put up big numbers.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 pm
Sunday 3rd October

San Francisco @ Atlanta
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Carolina @ New Orleans
Denver @ Tennesse
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Detroit @ Green Bay
Seattle @ St Louis
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
Houston @ Oakland
Arizona @ San Diego
Washington @ Philadelphia
Chicago @ New York Giants

Monday 4th October

New England @ Miami
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:29 am
Sunday 3rd October

San Francisco @ Atlanta - Jimmy Raye fired this week... They'll give Singletary til at least after the Raiders Game before they pull the trigger on him
New York Jets @ Buffalo - Long Cold Fall in Buffalo
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Ray Rice could make this game interesting.... But i think ultimately he will be inactive
Carolina @ New Orleans - Drew Brees out the blocks early... It will be a game of Jimmy Clausen incompletions
Denver @ Tennesse - CJ will run hard out on this broncs team
Cincinnati @ Cleveland - Payton Hillis is a beast... This game could be closer then the Vegas line.
Detroit @ Green Bay - Megatron gets Charles Woodson... Bench Calvin if you got him in Fantasy.
Seattle @ St Louis - Sam Bradford continues to impress, but ultimately I think Pete Carroll knows him too well from College last year.
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville - How long until it's the Trent Edwards show?
Houston @ Oakland - Schuab will have trouble with Nnamdi and a stout emerging Defense in Oakland.
Arizona @ San Diego - If Ryan Matthews is active... This is a breakout GAME!!!
Washington @ Philadelphia -McNabb returns home and leaves with a 1-3 record
Chicago @ New York Giants - WOW who would of thought the BEARS would be undefeated... a Real Football team right here!!!

Monday 4th October

New England @ Miami - This Rivalry will be so much more interesting in the NBA!! Lebron vs the CELTICS... I'm picking South Beach Right here!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:38 pm
are there NBA pick ems?
~LilBallerx~

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:are there NBA pick ems?

There was.

But it was crazy stressful whoever did the tallying. as i recall it last 2 weeks or so.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board