FIBA World Championship 2010

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:41 am
sorry, crackerz, but greece match with russia was a total disgrace, not the first time greece 'chooses' it's opponents unsucessfully, i remember when they lost to france to play lithuania, then we demolished them by 30 or something. so, that was a usual tank job by greece.
spain didn't want to play usa so they start their tournament with loss to france in hope of taking second place and avoiding usa at semis (how cocky of them, as if they will beat all the rest, blah!), loss to lithuania gave them something to think about untill france layed an egg to new zealand by exact 12 points zealand needed. lucky spain.

so, i stay put to my iniatial statements, both teams are classless. if there are gods of basketball, hopefully none of them reaches semis.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:42 pm
one scoundrel done, now counting on serbian team to eliminate spain. gonna be tough.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 pm
Yeah, it will be replay of the European finals from last year...hopefully this time the outcome will be different. No hard feelings Mr. C. :)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:20 pm
Spain won because they were able to shoot effectively with their two best scorers, Navarro and Fernandez. Although they are a deep and talented team, these two are the only ones that can efficiently score from the outside. Only way they go all the way is if those two continue to play well.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 am
boring matchups today. australia has no chance against slovenia and i really doubt france can show anything against turkey.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 am
Yeah, its a bore... USA plays tomorrow, which i am looking forward to seeing, even though i think they will win easily.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 am
yep, no good matches till brasil/argentina, though russians will have problems with zealand, none of them interest me a bit.
i watched most usa games (waiting to see some curry, whcih happened all too little) and am not impressed, they literally have no guys who can shoo (texcept durant) (westbrrok, rose and even billups are terrible from three point, and quite terrible in distributing the ball, and while they win by sheer athleticism and physical intensity, the quality of offense is/was plain terrible. curry makes much mistakes and has not been shooting well in limited minutes, but he sems so much better in passing and seeing the floor than both westbrook and rose: not point guards in my book.

today it's more interesting to watch nadal play simone, even though i expect three set sweep.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:44 am
Awesome game today between Argentina and Brazil! Scola is playing really good right now.

Russia is going to be an interesting matchup for us too. They won today becasue of they hieght advantage and defense. I think USA will have some problems against them, but in the end will win. Not sure if we can beat Argentina, but we probably matchup better against Argentina then we did vs Brazil. Its gonna be fun to watch =)
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 am
somebody has forgotten that argentina has to beat lithuania at first to play usa. and though i consider argentina big favourites, at least on paper, they will face something that they faced against serbia, when they lost, that is zone defense, which was pretty much absent against brasil.

very intresting games today, and though turkey and spain are favourites, i will root for serbia and slovenians. hopefully they will be well excecuted and well REFEREED, since turkey are home team and possibly may get more calls go their way and spain, well, spain were always fiba's little love :mrgreen:

oh, and usa won't have any problems against russia.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 am
:bday: =D> :D

Great game from Serbia, I knew I won't miss the thriller in the end, and I hoped I would. Three pointers were great, but free throws were pretty close in shooting % to 3 points, which is awful. But, anyway, we won, we're off to the semis, and there Serbia's gonna play winners from the match Slovenia-Turkey.

Bye, bye, Spain. Sorry, Mr. C. :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 pm
great win by serbia, no more scoundrels left in the tournament. youth taking over. shot from teodosic, who shot 1 of 7 from threes, bang, as it was an easy one, haha. maybe the guy will stop looking so depressed at last :mrgreen:

turks are completely of the charts, never would've thought, tough one again for serbians in the making.

well, go lithuania!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 pm
Guybrush wrote::bday: =D> :D

Great game from Serbia, I knew I won't miss the thriller in the end, and I hoped I would. Three pointers were great, but free throws were pretty close in shooting % to 3 points, which is awful. But, anyway, we won, we're off to the semis, and there Serbia's gonna play winners from the match Slovenia-Turkey.

Bye, bye, Spain. Sorry, Mr. C. :mrgreen:

Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 pm
@GSW Hoops Fan: Thanks, mate. I really enjoyed that win. We lost to Spain in last year's final of European championship, now we returned the favor. :)

I told you that Teodosic is a great player, that shot for the lead at the end asked for a lot of balls :)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Lithuania smoked Argentina.

What does that mean for the US?

We beat them once, but they looked way better today...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm
haha,the guy who incosiderabvly thought argentina will pass lithuania, how much did you lose my friend? oh, the bookies, never have any brains regarding basketball.
seriously, even if we lose aginst states, we are the best TEAM in the tournament: very mediocre talent, very low percentage, but so much desire and tactics. i'm too proud of our guys. we did it.
i really really liked the way argentin alooked on the bench, no more cockiness, literally - no one has been able to cock feed lithuania. whoever tried, got smoked.
my prediction, if i sense any cock sentence from USA, i bet you're smoked, if stay humble, you got more talent and natrurally you would win.
anyways, best performing team - Lithuania!
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board