Masoli cited for pot possession

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm
The only name nobody mentioned was Bill Musgrave. Not a very good NFL QB but he's still coaching in the NFL.

I think Masoli had a chance to become a good NFL QB now that the wildcat is becoming more and more prevalent. Masoli is a speed demon with some great running moves. He also is very accurate. He doesn't have NFL size though, so I wouldn't have expected him to be a high draft pick <--- pun intended :)

Here's the latest...

Jeremiah Masoli Dismissed From Oregon Ducks Football Program
by Christopher Adams Written on June 09, 2010
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images Vote Now! - Author Poll
Was this the right move by Coach Kelly?

Yes No vote to see results Oregon Football's official twitter account has released a statement that star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was dismissed from the Oregon Ducks Football program early Wednesday morning. Reports from ESPN and Fox Sports have confirmed this story.

Masoli, who was recently suspended for the entire 2010 season on charges stemming from the theft of laptop computers from an Oregon fraternity house, has been cited by police, breaking his agreement with head coach Chip Kelly.

Late Monday night, Masoli was pulled over in a routine traffic stop at a driveway or sidewalk. Upon further investigation, he was cited with driving on a suspended license and possession of a small amount of marijuana, according to sources at the Oregonian.

The University of Oregon stated he was dismissed, "for a failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined by head football coach Chip Kelly."

The very athletic and undersized quarterback has been one of the saviors for the program, leading the Oregon Ducks to a 2009 Pac-10 crown.

Looks like Masoli didn't learn his lesson.

One would think that after being arrested in January, he would straighten his ways. Although being suspended for the entire 2010 season, Chip Kelly granted him the ability to use his red-shirt, making it possible to prove to himself, and to everyone else around him, that he was a changed man.

Second chances don't come that often, and Masoli blew his.

Talks about Masoli being a potential Heisman Candidate have since died down after his arrest in January, and are now done for good.

This was the best and most logical decision made by the University of Oregon, who have had numerous football players, other than Masoli, arrested in the offseason.

Masoli did not respect the program he was playing for, and UO does not need their program to be scrutinized any further.

Right now the Ducks are deciding between Nate Costa (a senior) and Darron Thomas (a sophomore.) The buzz around town is that Thomas will most likely be the starter.

Damn this kid looks young...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoHZnxDusQM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgBNKlqYbM[/youtube]
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Chum wrote:The only name nobody mentioned was Bill Musgrave. Not a very good NFL QB but he's still coaching in the NFL.

I think Masoli had a chance to become a good NFL QB now that the wildcat is becoming more and more prevalent. Masoli is a speed demon with some great running moves. He also is very accurate. He doesn't have NFL size though, so I wouldn't have expected him to be a high draft pick <--- pun intended :)

Here's the latest...

Jeremiah Masoli Dismissed From Oregon Ducks Football Program
by Christopher Adams Written on June 09, 2010
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images Vote Now! - Author Poll
Was this the right move by Coach Kelly?

Yes No vote to see results Oregon Football's official twitter account has released a statement that star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was dismissed from the Oregon Ducks Football program early Wednesday morning. Reports from ESPN and Fox Sports have confirmed this story.

Masoli, who was recently suspended for the entire 2010 season on charges stemming from the theft of laptop computers from an Oregon fraternity house, has been cited by police, breaking his agreement with head coach Chip Kelly.

Late Monday night, Masoli was pulled over in a routine traffic stop at a driveway or sidewalk. Upon further investigation, he was cited with driving on a suspended license and possession of a small amount of marijuana, according to sources at the Oregonian.

The University of Oregon stated he was dismissed, "for a failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined by head football coach Chip Kelly."

The very athletic and undersized quarterback has been one of the saviors for the program, leading the Oregon Ducks to a 2009 Pac-10 crown.

Looks like Masoli didn't learn his lesson.

One would think that after being arrested in January, he would straighten his ways. Although being suspended for the entire 2010 season, Chip Kelly granted him the ability to use his red-shirt, making it possible to prove to himself, and to everyone else around him, that he was a changed man.

Second chances don't come that often, and Masoli blew his.

Talks about Masoli being a potential Heisman Candidate have since died down after his arrest in January, and are now done for good.

This was the best and most logical decision made by the University of Oregon, who have had numerous football players, other than Masoli, arrested in the offseason.

Masoli did not respect the program he was playing for, and UO does not need their program to be scrutinized any further.

Right now the Ducks are deciding between Nate Costa (a senior) and Darron Thomas (a sophomore.) The buzz around town is that Thomas will most likely be the starter.

Damn this kid looks young...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoHZnxDusQM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgBNKlqYbM[/youtube]

Masoli had ZERO chance of being an NFL Qb. He had an ok arm, was somewhat accurate [all they are asked to do is throw slants and deep balls] .. he would have been a special teamer or a 3rd Down RB ala Michael Robinson.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm
yeah, already posted that he has been dismissed. absolutely the right call. F'ing MORON!!!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 am
Pawno, thanks for pointing out that operky guy. I deleted his spam post, and dealt with him. I'll look for those other two posts of his.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 pm
did the ban hammer just get laid down?
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 pm
odd thread to spam? I was hesitant on approving that registration, but there weren't any obvious red flags so I let him through. Not surprised.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 am
JREED23 wrote:did the ban hammer just get laid down?

Yes, it was obviously a spammer as Pawno pointed out. Three same posts he posted, and he didn't introduce himself. So, I banned him and deleted those posts.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:48 am
hobbes wrote:odd thread to spam? I was hesitant on approving that registration, but there weren't any obvious red flags so I let him through. Not surprised.

Definitely odd thread to spam. Don't know how they decide which ones to spam.
Previous

Return to Sports Board