GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 pm
So it's consensus that my team is pretty much monstrous?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm
Beast Mode wrote:So it's consensus that my team is pretty much monstrous?

It's definitely one of the better teams Beast, along with (IMO): Warriorsstepup, Hobbes, JReed and Crackerz.

Not sure about my team - I need Favre to play, Rice to heal, and Best to live up to his potential.

I feel there are also some stinkers in our league, especially Guybrush, which is through no fault of his own. However, I'm sure he'll do his best to be competitive.

Still, it looks to be shaping up into a very good season!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm
@JReed - i kind of agree with about the kickers heading to the hall of fame. But jano is only half way into his career. Kickers can 'kick on' to the ripe age of 35-40 considering there position isn't exactly demanding. JANO greatest trait is he's leg strength. One must consider that even as the older he gets that this trait might only slip a fraction (if he looks after his body) . . . . Personally, i don't have a lot of time for special teamers going to Canton. A lot of good kickers get piggybacked into Canton talk because they play with High potent offense and then on the flipside a lot of punter hall of fame talk is cause they are on such stale offenses that they get to master the art of kicking (lechler & lee have played on some terrible teams so they get mention in probowl talks cause they're always punting) If Jano is to make the hall of fame. He's gonna have to keep doing crazy records like last year in Cleveland 61 yards. If he can break the record of 64 yards then he's first ballot in my opinion on that trait alone.

@mr.C thanks for the fantasy props. Hopefully my draft translates into wins

@BEAST mode. Your teams good bro. U got props from me in my review. But i don't know if everyone agrees with me.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 am
wew Jamal Charles rank went down in fantasy ranking...i told u, T.Jones sign with KC not for 3rd RB or backup...he really want to play...charles is young and fast but T.Jones is a beast....Charles will shares load with TJ....

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:30 am
Silly question here, is it all go in adding/dropping players since that option is available ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 am
warriorsstepup wrote:Silly question here, is it all go in adding/dropping players since that option is available ?

I'd assume so since it's available.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:05 pm
JREED23 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Silly question here, is it all go in adding/dropping players since that option is available ?

I'd assume so since it's available.

Ok all done, had to make minor tweaks due to uncertainties and injuries, happy camper now thanks for the input.

I was offered this trade

Drew Brees
C.J. Spiller
Kevin Walter

for

Brandon Marshall
Philip Rivers
Mohamed Massaquoi

Trade declined although I think Spiller will have a great rookie campaign, Brees will be great again, at this point am not making a move.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm
Yeah nice effort warriorsstepup . I wouldn't of accepted that
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:53 pm
For those of you with iPhones, Yahoo came out with their 2010 FF app today.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 pm
PAWNO wrote:Yeah nice effort warriorsstepup . I wouldn't of accepted that

Yeah thanks me neither, but I really think Spiller will be great this season, Week 1 and am going against the commish, a season veteran, ready to rumble.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 am
I done traded my main guy Andre Johnson and his sidekick Annaquin Boldin for Aaron Rodgers and Chad Ocho Cinco..

I dont know how y'all feel about the trade.. But considering this is a keeper league.. I saw the value with going the Rodgers route as opposed to Andre and for me i think this is better in the long run!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:31 am
Jason Witten for a starting RB, holla at me
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm
PAWNO wrote:I done traded my main guy Andre Johnson and his sidekick Annaquin Boldin for Aaron Rodgers and Chad Ocho Cinco..

I dont know how y'all feel about the trade.. But considering this is a keeper league.. I saw the value with going the Rodgers route as opposed to Andre and for me i think this is better in the long run!

Boldin and Ocho Cinco are fairly similar players (in terms of fantasy numbers anyway), so you're comparing the best wide receiver in the league with one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

I think it's a good trade for both sides, although it does leave you having to start either Heyward-Bay or Williams (from the Seahawks). And Lee Evans is already pretty stinky...

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that I am dominating this league from start to finish. Favre will throw 40 touchdowns this year, all to Berrian. Mendenhall will rush for 3,000 all-purpose yards and the Philly def will set individual season records for sacks, interceptions, and fewest points allowed. Book it.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:52 pm
8th ave wrote:Jason Witten for a starting RB, holla at me

Am tempted, really tempted, but am not making no moves until season starts to get a feel of the roster. Still up in the air.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:02 pm
sorry for the interference, but whens NBA fantasy gonna start? 1 1/2 months left
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum