Rent a Carmelo Anthony?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm
You think the Warriors should go after rent-a-player Carmelo Anthony? Reportedly, Nuggets are currently shopping him.

Benefits:
1. Potential playoff appearance for this year for Warriors.
2. Unloading of at least a long term deal (Beans and/or Ellis)
3. Nuggets like as they remain competitive. "Don't get LeBroned".

Drawbacks:
1. Nuggets might not want long term Ellis or Beans.
2. Warriors would possible get no compensation for Melo after this year

I say, what the hell. Best case scenario, he likes it here, enjoys team and extends. Worst case, we unload 1 long term deal on a rebuilding team.

Thoughts?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm
Of course you want a player like Anthony on your team. If that happens, we will be a much better team all of a sudden. Though it depends of the trade. Beans+Monta+pick/picks for Carmelo and Martin. Good enough for me. Though, I know it unlikely to happen.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:44 pm
Sounds good, but probably not going to happen. I think it would probably be best if we didn't do it either, because Carmelo seems to set on going to New York or Orlando... don't blame him. New York also has more to offer and more flexibility then us.

I would go for Teshaun Prince, all around good player, more affordable and probably won't cost as much to get him. If you could ship Vlad Rad and Charlie Bell and a second round pick to detriot for T. Prince that would be a pretty good deal. He has only one year left on his contract so you don't loose anything, and you still have flexibility next off-season in case he doesn't work out.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:08 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Sounds good, but probably not going to happen. I think it would probably be best if we didn't do it either, because Carmelo seems to set on going to New York or Orlando... don't blame him. New York also has more to offer and more flexibility then us.

I would go for Teshaun Prince, all around good player, more affordable and probably won't cost as much to get him. If you could ship Vlad Rad and Charlie Bell and a second round pick to detriot for T. Prince that would be a pretty good deal. He has only one year left on his contract so you don't loose anything, and you still have flexibility next off-season in case he doesn't work out.

Yeah, you are probably right with melo.

I do like the prince idea, even at his age (I think he is at least 30 now). I dunno if Vlad, Bell, and a 2nd rounder would be enough though. All i see is a bunch of garbage in the eyes of Detroit, so even that might not be enough. But then again, in January or February, it might be more intriguing depending what is going on in the standings.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Sounds good, but probably not going to happen. I think it would probably be best if we didn't do it either, because Carmelo seems to set on going to New York or Orlando... don't blame him. New York also has more to offer and more flexibility then us.

Yeah, you are probably right with melo.

I do like the prince idea, even at his age (I think he is at least 30 now). I dunno if Vlad, Bell, and a 2nd rounder would be enough though. All i see is a bunch of garbage in the eyes of Detroit, so even that might not be enough. But then again, in January or February, it might be more intriguing depending what is going on in the standings.

Looks like Melo wants to go east, am not sure his reason for wanting to be out of Denver but that's the NBA nowadays, or so it seems.

But I also like Prince and he would fit here nicely, how about the expires (Vlad Rad and Charlie Bell) and a protected 1st rounder, protected top 10, then re-sign Prince for cheap once his contract expires the year after.

But Melo wants to go east preferably to the Knicks.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 am
West looks about even with East if thats the case
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:how about the expires (Vlad Rad and Charlie Bell) and a protected 1st rounder, protected top 10, then re-sign Prince for cheap once his contract expires the year after.

I would be ok with that. He has ton of Playoff/championship experience (that seems to fit the mold of what the dub's are looking for). Then next year you could also sign Dalembert to help out in the C postion, this is his last year in his contract and doubt Sac will resign him since they will have Demarcus and Whiteside in their second year. Not sure there will be any better 5's in the free agent market next year (not counting Yao, we don't know what shape he is in... plus he might retire).

I think a line up like this could make some noise in the west (specially if Anthony and Paul move out east):
PG: Curry\Lin\<experienced vet>
SG: Ellis\Willams
SF: Prince\D. Wright
PF: Lee\Udoh
C: Dalembert\Beans

And then fill in with next years rookie and some roll players (Carl Landry is a free agent too, who I like a lot). We should have enough cap space to sign Prince, Williams, and Dalembert, and still have a mid level exception (roughly about 18 Million).

*Note: I put Williams at SG, I think his height and ability would make him a good fight there.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:27 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:how about the expires (Vlad Rad and Charlie Bell) and a protected 1st rounder, protected top 10, then re-sign Prince for cheap once his contract expires the year after.

I would be ok with that. He has ton of Playoff/championship experience (that seems to fit the mold of what the dub's are looking for). Then next year you could also sign Dalembert to help out in the C postion, this is his last year in his contract and doubt Sac will resign him since they will have Demarcus and Whiteside in their second year. Not sure there will be any better 5's in the free agent market next year (not counting Yao, we don't know what shape he is in... plus he might retire).

I think a line up like this could make some noise in the west (specially if Anthony and Paul move out east):
PG: Curry\Lin\<experienced vet>
SG: Ellis\Willams
SF: Prince\D. Wright
PF: Lee\Udoh
C: Dalembert\Beans

And then fill in with next years rookie and some roll players (Carl Landry is a free agent too, who I like a lot). We should have enough cap space to sign Prince, Williams, and Dalembert, and still have a mid level exception (roughly about 18 Million).

*Note: I put Williams at SG, I think his height and ability would make him a good fight there.

I like this team... sort of reminds me a bit of 2004 Pistons team (in which Prince was a part of). You got your very experienced defensive center, scoring SG, play making PG, Lee (well he isn't wallace, so that's different), and Prince.

I woould hope that if this is even possible, which would include getting Dalembert not too expensive and/or with many years, that Beans is traded for. Who knows, maybe the warriors and kings can get a third team to do a trade with that involves Dalembert, Beans, and a SF or SG going to the Kings (their main needs... unless Evans plays as a SG, then PG is their biggest need).

Maybe we can get Turiaf and Buike back for beans :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:54 am
Hi. is anyone else a campy happer? we have golden star Curry and world championship participo, new big man Lee, the Asian persuasion Jeremy Lin, MeGetMine Maggette and the D leaguers are adios, as well as the biggest hinderence of progress aka Cohan is sayonara (he and Nellie can go surf in Maui, maybe doubledate). I am happy camper. I thought you should know. go Warriors. and that Prince trade's a nice idea. Tmac is SF, they been shoppin Prince, and we keep the cap space while getting better at SF at least short term.

Return to Trades