Player Awards 2006!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:51 am
They'll go deeper into the playoffs after the trades, I'm sure, but I think they'll still squeeze in at an 8 or 7 seed this year. But, for sure, Marbury and Richardson should start seeing all the sights in NY because their days are probably numbered.

I thought that Antonio Davis was an expiring contract, too...? If not, then I don't see why they would make a trade like that. Toronto already has Chris Bosh & Charlie Villanuella (among others) at the 4-5 spot. Seems like they lost a consistent scorer for a rebounding defender who's age is getting to him faster than Jalen's is. Makes no sense for Toronto; you're right.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:10 pm
Antonio Davis is an expirer, but I still don't get it. They've lost a first rounder to have cap space one year before, but there's no impact free agent this year. It makes no sense from Toronto's point of view.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:51 pm
I don't think Toronto wants a free agent this year...

I think they want one more good draftee in 2006 and THEN go for a free agent in 2007. I think Chris Bosh & Charlie Villanuella are a decent core, with Mike James running the point pretty well... so they have a good amount of promise. Another good rookie and a key free agent might turn the 2007 Raptors into what the Bucks are becoming this year...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:15 pm
#32 wrote:I don't think Toronto wants a free agent this year...

I think they want one more good draftee in 2006 and THEN go for a free agent in 2007. I think Chris Bosh & Charlie Villanuella are a decent core, with Mike James running the point pretty well... so they have a good amount of promise. Another good rookie and a key free agent might turn the 2007 Raptors into what the Bucks are becoming this year...

Yeah, that's what I think. And that's why this trade makes no sense at all. They have given up on a first rounder for ... nothing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:25 pm
The Raptors are plain stupid! They should be looking for some talent and not just picks!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:36 pm
migya wrote:The Raptors are plain stupid! They should be looking for some talent and not just picks!

The Warrior's built their current team around two young drafted players (Jason & Murph), along with a drafted player the following year (Dunleavy). A key trade gave them Davis... then the plethora of draft picks Mully had aquired served us well to grab the supporting cast of Biedrins, Pietrus, Ike, ect...

Toronto may be crazy like a fox, who knows...
Previous

Return to Sports Board