A Few Trade Ideas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 pm
The Warriors send Ellis, Biedrins, and Ekpe Udoh to the Sixers for Iguodala, Lou Williams,and Hawes
The kicker is getting Iguodala to pair with Curry for years to come. Iguodala is 26 years old and will be entering the prime of his career. He's not a excellent scorer, but he's a good defender and excellent passer for a 2/3.

They drafted Turner who can take over at the SF position. Holiday is a big (6'4) guard and is a solid defender that is still improving so teamed up with Ellis would work. Think Snow/Iverson 2.0 in Philly. They can start Holiday, Ellis, Turner, Brand and Biedrins. Then they'll have Speights, Young and Udoh off the bench.

This may not make the Warriors a playoff team either, especially in the West, but this gives them some serious hope for the following season. They could also look into signing someone like Kwame Brown with the rest of the exception and possibly bring back a guy like Chris Hunter. Maybe even fill the backcourt with another D-league find like Antonio Anderson. An athletic 6'6 guard that has point like skills. Averaged 18 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds in the D last year.

Line up:

PG Curry - L. Williams - Lin
SG Iguodala - Bell - Anderson
SF D. Wright - R. Williams
PF Lee - B. Wright - Radmanovic
C Brown - Hawes - Gadzuric

This team could win 40-45 games and would fight for the 8th spot but if they miss it, then they'll get a late lottery pick. With about $15M in expiring contracts with Gadzuric, Hawes and Radmanovic...they'll be under the cap and able to sign a nice free agent like a Caron Butler, Tyson Chandler or my favorite...bring back JRich. Curry, Richardson, Iguodala and Lee in the line up...
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 pm
1. lol

2. lmfao

3. kwame brown? LOL

4. STARTING? OMGGDSFSNDFS

5. Over Hawes too .. damn.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 pm
You're trading Ellis for Ellis.
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:18 pm
I dont like iggy's game or contract. I really dont tlike the guys that also come with that deal (hawes and brown). I would pass on that trade, even though I agree the team should think about trading Beans and ellis.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:47 pm
Sixers don't want to add any type of long term contracts without getting rid of Brands massive contract.
If Brands not in the deal don't see the Sixers jumping on any type of trade, and I don't blame them.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:18 am
With Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and the rest of the gold-winning "redeemed dream team" at the 2008 Olympics taking this summer off, the talent and leadership void will be filled by the guys with the biggest gifts and smallest ego in the undersized US roster for the Turkey world basketball championship.

The mission of extending US basketball's momentum from its dominant gold-medal performance in Beijing, and avenging past disappointments at the FIBA world championships, falls on the slender shoulders and immense talents like Kevin Durant and Rajon Rando.

For 21-year-old, 6-9 Durant, it's a journey exciting for his first international appearance, but dare not try any overconfidence for the so-called shrank "Dream Team" at the world stage.

"I have the confidence to do fine at the world championship, but it's not overconfidence. You know the difference between confidence and overconfidence," said Durant at the Radio City Music Hall of New York on Thursday at the first international basketball festival opening-up.

"You never know what will happen. We will go and start playing, and we'll see. We have the talent; we have the good guys here fitting to our system. We will look forward to playing there and we'll see," added he.

Durant downplayed the stay-away of star players in the US team. "We got a lot of guys of athletics. We got a lot of great shooters, that will help us for loss of size. I think we're all anxious for the start to play (world championships). I'm confident, we can go over there and play our game and play it right way. We have to play hard and play together, you know we'll be fine."
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm
thestarline wrote:With Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and the rest of the gold-winning "redeemed dream team" at the 2008 Olympics taking this summer off, the talent and leadership void will be filled by the guys with the biggest gifts and smallest ego in the undersized US roster for the Turkey world basketball championship.

The mission of extending US basketball's momentum from its dominant gold-medal performance in Beijing, and avenging past disappointments at the FIBA world championships, falls on the slender shoulders and immense talents like Kevin Durant and Rajon Rando.

For 21-year-old, 6-9 Durant, it's a journey exciting for his first international appearance, but dare not try any overconfidence for the so-called shrank "Dream Team" at the world stage.

"I have the confidence to do fine at the world championship, but it's not overconfidence. You know the difference between confidence and overconfidence," said Durant at the Radio City Music Hall of New York on Thursday at the first international basketball festival opening-up.
dude...open your eyes.
"You never know what will happen. We will go and start playing, and we'll see. We have the talent; we have the good guys here fitting to our system. We will look forward to playing there and we'll see," added he.

Durant downplayed the stay-away of star players in the US team. "We got a lot of guys of athletics. We got a lot of great shooters, that will help us for loss of size. I think we're all anxious for the start to play (world championships). I'm confident, we can go over there and play our game and play it right way. We have to play hard and play together, you know we'll be fine."
~LilBallerx~

Return to Trades