The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm
Oh bro. I'll do the rules if u want. I'm cool to do that- btw hope i didn't sound all gun hoe trying to take over your very cool suggestion mate, I don't want to come across as bossy. I just only wanted to offer suggestions on what could make the game more viable for the casual fan (some people might be turned off with the scores or correct standings)

i'm happy to make a preseason predictions thread and nfl pickum when i get home on my proper computer.

Also thanks for making the sig. Looks great!
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:06 pm
it's all good, I wasn't trippin about that. I was kind of hoping that someone would help hash out the point distributions and whatnot. I'll let you make the NFL Games thread (call it what you want) since I imagine you'll be in charge of it and I'll sticky it. I'll edit your 1st post to include the award sigs that members will be awarded. Just be sure to come up with a name for the season predictions so I can make the sig... i'll make the Pick 'Em Contest Winner Sig now...

Edit: I forgot that we already had a Pick 'em thread - it's up to you if you want to continue that one or start a new one for both of the games or even separate threads for both...

Also if anyone wants to take a shot at making a better sig, it wont hurt my feelings. That was just a quick sig I made in like 10 min - my photoshop skills (creativity) aren't what they used to be.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:05 pm
JREED23 wrote:Yeah I was even thing about predicting records and the post season, like:

NFC West:
1st. 49ers: 11-5 lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
2nd. Seahawks 8-8
3rd. Cards 7-9
4th. Rams 5-11

That's just a sample, I'd like to wait until we get a little closer to the season to submit my predictions.

Maybe you get one point for every division standing you get correct, 1 point for every record, 1 point for every play off prediction - winner and looser so If I had the 9ers getting beat by the Vikings and that's what happened then it'd go down as 2 points. An extra point for the conference championships and 3 extra points for the SB winner... what do you guys think? We'd still do the pick ums of course - this would just be strictly preseason predictions.

Thats cool for me.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 am
mullin17 wrote:
JREED23 wrote:Yeah I was even thing about predicting records and the post season, like:

NFC West:
1st. 49ers: 11-5 lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
2nd. Seahawks 8-8
3rd. Cards 7-9
4th. Rams 5-11

That's just a sample, I'd like to wait until we get a little closer to the season to submit my predictions.

Maybe you get one point for every division standing you get correct, 1 point for every record, 1 point for every play off prediction - winner and looser so If I had the 9ers getting beat by the Vikings and that's what happened then it'd go down as 2 points. An extra point for the conference championships and 3 extra points for the SB winner... what do you guys think? We'd still do the pick ums of course - this would just be strictly preseason predictions.

Thats cool for me.

We'll let pawno hash out the details and make our predictions when he is done. Sound good Pawno?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:17 am
I'm on it..
About to eat some tea and do it first thing after Dinner
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm
no. the game is

each week there is 15 games

all 15 games are posted and you pick winner/loser each week

add up totals from each week at end of season

winner.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 am
Beast Mode wrote:no. the game is

winner.
We are still doing the weekly pickums but this is just a new preseason prediction game. And actually it's 16 games weeks 1-3 and 11-17 and 14 games weeks 4-10.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm
JREED23 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:no. the game is

winner.
We are still doing the weekly pickums but this is just a new preseason prediction game. And actually it's 16 games weeks 1-3 and 11-17 and 14 games weeks 4-10.

haha... had a feeling i was gonna be off with the games thing. forgot its 4 teams for 8 weeks not 2 for 16 weeks ... thanks for the correction
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm
it's all good, you took the average. So can we count you in the crystal ball competition?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm
JREED23 wrote:Just curious what all of you think about the Brett Favre txt message situation/scandal. First he allegedly sends a text message saying that he wont be coming back then today I guess he said he never sent it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - Favre maybe a dumbass sometimes and incredibly indecisive but I've never taken him for a liar. I also can't see Mr. Emotional-Press Conference making any kind of announcement via SMS. To further any belief that the text message was from Favre, the Minneapolis Star Tribune (who broke the text message story in the first place) reported that the Vikings are offering Favre up to $20 mill next season ($7 million more than what he is due to make).

I know all the speculation about Favre this time of year gets pretty old but this is actually a pretty interesting side story.

Mr. Favre going to be a Vikings after all. lol, if he pulls this next year it will be even more epic. The vikings were desperate in their chase for Favre but can we blame them, I don't even know their back up QB.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:45 pm
The vikings should have drafted a QB in the first two rounds of this years draft. Clausen was a 2nd rounder, while McCoy was a 3rd. Even if farve did get back (which he did) they can allow for either of those two to develop for the time being. The Vikes are so narrow minded, that they are really throwing all their marbles for this upcoming season (with a 40 year old leading the way).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:50 pm
Is anyone else completely fabberglasted with how Tony Romo is doing in the PRESEASON?

I feel like this Dallas team might just end up being the most dissapointing team of 2010. Big Hopes but BIG FAILURE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:45 pm
I don't put much stock into what a vet like Romo does or doesn't do in the preseason. Good QBs don't just start sucking like that. But they will have a rough road ahead if the Redskins are really that much better, if the Eagles aren't much worse and if the giants start playing like they are capable of. Or the inverse of all that could happen - the Redskins really aren't much better or are going through growing pains, the eagles find out that trading McNabb was a mistake, the Giants keep on being mediocre and the cowboys run away with the East..
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 pm
PAWNO wrote:Is anyone else completely fabberglasted with how Tony Romo is doing in the PRESEASON?

I feel like this Dallas team might just end up being the most dissapointing team of 2010. Big Hopes but BIG FAILURE

You do realize the Colts have won something like 3 of their last 25 pre season games?

Pre season doesn't mean ****
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 am
Beast Mode wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Is anyone else completely fabberglasted with how Tony Romo is doing in the PRESEASON?

You do realize the Colts have won something like 3 of their last 25 pre season games?

Pre season doesn't mean ****

I realize that bro...

But Peyton Manning has generated Touchdowns in his pre-season games.

What worries me is Tony Romo hasn't!!!

Should be of some concern when the brightest spot on this Dallas team so far this offsesason been the kicking.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board