*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:52 am
I like Cp3 but this whole picking your team thing is getting out of hand ... in trade situations.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:44 pm
I would love to see him leave the west - Magic would be my pick. Beast has a point about the picking of teams, it's already getting crazy and it looks like this is the new trend. It's getting to the point where you have to draft to get a good player if you're not one of the top teams.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:14 pm
JREED23 wrote:I would love to see him leave the west - Magic would be my pick. Beast has a point about the picking of teams, it's already getting crazy and it looks like this is the new trend. It's getting to the point where you have to draft to get a good player if you're not one of the top teams.

Exactly. The small market teams have ZERO chance if this becomes a trend.

Still though, just imagine the amount of lobs CP3 would be throwing Dwight on the reg'.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:37 pm
Imagine the rivalry the could be-a-brewin between the Heat and Magic if this happens... Miami no answer for Howard? CP3 > Chalmers...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
JREED23 wrote:I would love to see him leave the west - Magic would be my pick. Beast has a point about the picking of teams, it's already getting crazy and it looks like this is the new trend. It's getting to the point where you have to draft to get a good player if you're not one of the top teams.

Exactly. The small market teams have ZERO chance if this becomes a trend.

Still though, just imagine the amount of lobs CP3 would be throwing Dwight on the reg'.

It's been like that for a long time. It's not fair, but money and power dictate everything and the big market teams get more

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 pm
CP3 does need help in NO, I don't blame him at all for requesting a trade, how long does it have to take get help around ? Having Peja is not enough.

The elite teams will dominate and easily get into the championship.

According to ESPN CP3 wants to go to the Knicks, question is what can they offer ?

What can any team offer for a player like CP3.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 pm
8th ave wrote:just heard on espn that chris paul says he's not going to start the season with NO. he wants to go over the NY with Amare, ORL with dwight, or LA with kobe and gasol.

Paul really being a backstabber right now and it will get him bad reviews. He would fit in real well in Orlando, but to get him they'd have to trade Carter and one other good player and that would deplete them a fair bit. Also, if they didn't trade Jameer for Paul in a package, they'd have Jameer off the bench and that's no good. If they could swing a trade of Jameer for a very good SG and then trade Carter for Paul, they'd have to throw in a future 1st rounder or two or another player ofcourse, they'd work it well

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 pm
I'm quitting my day job...I want to go to the Warriors.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:51 pm
I don't think a trade to Orlando would work. NO wouldn't want jameer in return because they already have Darren. Jameer coing off the bench wouldn't be right either. There has to be a 3rd party involved.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:49 pm
I really do hate NBA players forcing trades.

Your getting paid to do something you love, If i was married you wouldn't see me trying to force my way out of my relationship with my 300 pound Welfare collecting Trailerpark Trash Redhead wife cause i wanted to go bang a contender aka (LIZ HURLEY)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 pm
Wiz just resigned JHoward for a year. He was a very good player before last season and I would have loved him here. If he gets back to what he was he is allstar caliber

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 am
Jason Williams has resigned with Orlando, giving them three PGs on their roster, with Jameer and Duhon as well. Pretty surprising he didn't sign somewhere else as the direct backup PG, but I guess he thinks he can get a championship there

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 am
Pistons sign Ben Wallace to 2-year contract

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP)—The Detroit Pistons have re-signed center Ben Wallace(notes) to a two-year contract worth $1.9 million per season.

The team announced the signing Wednesday.

The 35-year-old Wallace was one of Detroit’s best players last season as it endured a miserable, injury-plagued year and didn’t make the playoffs for the first time since 2001. He averaged 5.5 points, a team-high 8.7 rebounds and team-best 1.2 blocks last season.

Wallace helped the Pistons win the 2004 NBA title during a five-year stretch in which he won the Defensive Player of the Year award four times.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm suprised the Spurs didn't try to sign him, as they seem to get that good big guy veteran every couple of years. I've always like what BWallace does, he is a hard worker that does the dirty work and that is really valuable. He'll be wasted on that Pistons team this season though.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm
Shannon Brown just resigned with the Lakers for two years and 4.6 million. Nothing major, so I didn't post the article :mrgreen:

Does give the Lakers are pretty complete team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:49 pm
Rookie Aldrich signs with Thunder

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)—Rookie center Cole Aldrich(notes) has signed his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Aldrich was the No. 11 overall pick in the NBA draft in June before being traded from the New Orleans Hornets to the Thunder. He’s the first of the four rookies acquired by Oklahoma City on draft night to sign his contract.

The team did not announce terms of his contract, but the NBA’s rookie scale calls for Aldrich to make about $1.8 million in the first year of his contract and $1.9 million in the second year.

The third-year option on the deal would be worth about $2 million, with a fourth-year option at about $2.7 million.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Thunder desperately need good bigs and Aldrich might get all the chances to play there. He might have been the best pick for the Thunder in the draft and hopefully he'll play well for them right from the start

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum