BANNER

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:04 pm
I think we don't have rights to use official logos, so I guess Hobbes (or whoever does the banner) will need to blur it, change color a bit, or something like that, in order to put it on this forum.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 am
dsigns....that looks awesome. I agree when the new jerseys come out we should redo. But that looks great. I've been working on a few here but I am not a graphic designer by trade, and that one blows away anything I have so far.

Guybrush....you're right about the logos, which makes it a little more challenging. I don't think if we use a player we need to blur out a jersey, but I can't blatantly use one of their logos as a graphic. Some sort of modified bridge logo (maybe taking some of the old city logo and the new one) might be an idea.

Someone mentioned this already, but we did have a chat room on the old version. Do you guys still want it? I don't remember it being used that often, but maybe so during games. Let me know if there is enough interest I will install a new one. Trying to currently brainstorm some things to add a little more functionality to the place so it's not just a message board, but I don't want to detract from the board being the central piece of the site.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 am
hobbes wrote:dsigns....that looks awesome. I agree when the new jerseys come out we should redo. But that looks great. I've been working on a few here but I am not a graphic designer by trade, and that one blows away anything I have so far.

Guybrush....you're right about the logos, which makes it a little more challenging. I don't think if we use a player we need to blur out a jersey, but I can't blatantly use one of their logos as a graphic. Some sort of modified bridge logo (maybe taking some of the old city logo and the new one) might be an idea.

Someone mentioned this already, but we did have a chat room on the old version. Do you guys still want it? I don't remember it being used that often, but maybe so during games. Let me know if there is enough interest I will install a new one. Trying to currently brainstorm some things to add a little more functionality to the place so it's not just a message board, but I don't want to detract from the board being the central piece of the site.

I think a chatbox [appears in the forum lobby] would be the best idea. chat room involves too much movement for ppl. just have a nice chatbox in the lobby that everyone can see [only members can post in]
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 am
Beast Mode wrote:
hobbes wrote:dsigns....that looks awesome. I agree when the new jerseys come out we should redo. But that looks great. I've been working on a few here but I am not a graphic designer by trade, and that one blows away anything I have so far.

I think a chatbox [appears in the forum lobby] would be the best idea. chat room involves too much movement for ppl. just have a nice chatbox in the lobby that everyone can see [only members can post in]

I second that, sort of like how the quick reply thing works
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 am
the music forum i use

"we-off-that.com"

has a great chatbox. some of the most memorable moments on the site were in the chatbox. huge attention drawer.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm
Thanks Beast, I will check it out.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 pm
Beast, are you referring to the chat section, or the shoutbox on that site?

I found a demo chatbox for phpbb, it's here (disregard the Star Trek crap, this just happens to be demo site)

http://startrekguide.com/community/chat.php
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 pm
The "shoutbox" ... it's the simplest, easiest to see/use and introduce yourself in. Also great for game day when everyone is in there talking ... also some of the funniest moments occur in the website. Great quick random chat ... i think it'd be great for this site.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:07 am
Sounds good, I am looking at adding the one from the Star Trek site above, not sure it should go on the home page or its own separate page. What do you guys think??
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:59 am
home page
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm
check it. I really liked dsigns banner, I expanded on it, faked the new jerseys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by zshook on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 pm
thats pretty sexy

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:23 pm
Looking good you guys!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm
that's solid!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:24 pm
I still think the site needs a bit more yellow. Like a yellow line going down both sides. It would be perfect after this and the banner having a edited picture of our new logo and maybe Curry, Lee in our new jerseys
Golden State Warrior Fan 4 Life!
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball