Vlad Rad's expiring for

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 am
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
first off wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Do you guys seriously want Pietrus back? Lol ...

I say again... who can you find that's any better and available?

Richard Jefferson
Ronnie Brewer
Josh Howard
Wesley Matthews
Rasual Butler

Just from the top of my head... Some of them wouldn't be good fits, some of them would ask for too much... but all of them are better players than Pietrus, and are available.

I'd Like Ronnie Brewer. Or a sign and trade for Josh Childress. I'd also try to get Matt Barnes back before I tried to get Pietrus back.

Ronnie Brewer -he's a SG more than a SF and he can't shoot a three to save his life

You want to sign 31 year old 6'7" 205lb SG Rasul Butler to a new contract over Pietrus for two years @ ~5M? that's just silly

Wesley Matthews - really fellas? really?

I don't think Josh Howard and Richard Jeff are available to the dubs

oh and
Pietrus gets way to much hate here, and Barnes gets WAAAYYYYY to much love.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:16 am
first off wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
first off wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Do you guys seriously want Pietrus back? Lol ...

I say again... who can you find that's any better and available?

Richard Jefferson
Ronnie Brewer
Josh Howard
Wesley Matthews
Rasual Butler

Just from the top of my head... Some of them wouldn't be good fits, some of them would ask for too much... but all of them are better players than Pietrus, and are available.

I'd Like Ronnie Brewer. Or a sign and trade for Josh Childress. I'd also try to get Matt Barnes back before I tried to get Pietrus back.

Ronnie Brewer -he's a SG more than a SF and he can't shoot a three to save his life

You want to sign 31 year old 6'7" 205lb SG Rasul Butler to a new contract over Pietrus for two years @ ~5M? that's just silly

Wesley Matthews - really fellas? really?

I don't think Josh Howard and Richard Jeff are available to the dubs

oh and
Pietrus gets way to much hate here, and Barnes gets WAAAYYYYY to much love.

I'dgo with another player over Pietrus. We know what Pietrus is and it was decent only. I think JHoward would be a steal and there is a spot at SF for him

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:03 pm
we could trade vlad and gadz' expiring contract for iggy + filler if they want to make the sixers into turner's team
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:00 pm
8th ave wrote:we could trade vlad and gadz' expiring contract for iggy + filler if they want to make the sixers into turner's team

I think it'd be a better trade for both sides if we traded Monta for Iggy straight up. We'd keep the expiring contracts which could be valuable trade assets at the deadline or just for cap space at the end of the season, as well as getting a scorer at the 3 spot...that way we can clearly start Reggie at the 2 and D.Wright comes off the bench at 3 (to spell Iggy or to spell Reggie by sliding Iggy to the 2).

For Philly, they're not getting trash in return...they get a bonafide scoring 2 guard in return, and the chance to start Turner without worrying about Iggy being around to take time away from him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Monta and Turner are a terrible fit together. Both need the ball to be effective. Neither of them are effective moving off the ball.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:19 pm
bada wrote:Monta and Turner are a terrible fit together. Both need the ball to be effective. Neither of them are effective moving off the ball.

I agree...but as I mentioned, I think it'd be a BETTER trade for both sides, than Philly trading Iggy for just vlad and gadz's expiring contract. Not unless their plans are to completely rebuild.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:02 pm
damn, Bada that new sig is too realistic for Lee
~LilBallerx~

Previous

Return to Trades