MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 pm
or the fact that he learns kung fu and not karate
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 am
8th ave wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:karate kid ftw

i couldnt take that movie seriously after being an MMA fan

Top 10 of all time movie villians (seriously, can you think of a bigger jerk than this guy in a movie)...

* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 am
Chum wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Top 10 of all time movie villians (seriously, can you think of a bigger jerk than this guy in a movie)...

What about this one?

:mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:30 am
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:
8th ave wrote:

What about this one?

:mrgreen:

Johnny would sweep the leg.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 pm
Get Him to the Greek FTW!! 9/10 Funniest movie I've seen in a while > Hangover

Turned off my laptop after watching the A Team for 20 min.... Debated throwing it out the window.... Dreamed about breaking my laptop.... Woke up and contemplated writing a strongly worded email to the torrent tracker, demanding money back for the xvid I never paid for....

Repomen sucked 4/10 - 2 points for a original premise. filled with plot holes, bad acting, horrible script.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:57 am
JREED23 wrote:Get Him to the Greek FTW!! 9/10 Funniest movie I've seen in a while > Hangover

Turned off my laptop after watching the A Team for 20 min.... Debated throwing it out the window.... Dreamed about breaking my laptop.... Woke up and contemplated writing a strongly worded email to the torrent tracker, demanding money back for the xvid I never paid for....

Repomen sucked 4/10 - 2 points for a original premise. filled with plot holes, bad acting, horrible script.

I agree with Get him to the Greek. I didn't think it was gonna be that funny, but I was dying. Funny , Funny movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 pm
Inception... WOW! I just watched it and was virtually speechless for about a 1/2 hour after watching it... I really don't know where to start and even though I view myself as a pretty good reviewer I can't even begin to provide this film the justice it deserves. Easily one of the best films I have ever seen if not the best. You will likely here this countless times throughout the ensuing months (even years): It has everything! I realize that is such a cliche description, but I can think of any other film that it suits more.

I dare anyone that isn't completely dense and retarded to point out any plot holes - there are none. The excellent cast fill in their roles perfectly. Christopher Nolan may have just solidified his place atop of his generation's film makers and amongst the greatest of all time - when you watch this movie, remind yourself that he not only directed it but took 8 years to write this masterpiece. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the premise let-alone the plot of this unbelievably original mind f*ck of a film.

I'm not even going to comment on the trivial crap like the CGI, because if you watch this movie and that is even in the top 5 of the things that you rave about this film you are obviously lacking in cinematic taste and should probably just go watch Shrek 9 or a nice CGI Disney film.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:42 pm
wow Jreed, that is probably the most glowing review of a movie I have ever read. Look forward to seeing it
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 pm
Yeah, I really never do that either because I am so critical of movies and I have such a low tolerances for the typical, cookie-cutter, Hollywood trash that the major studios insult the movie-goer's intelligent with. I was a little hesitant we I was typing that thinking that I maybe over exaggerating or over hyping the film, but now that I have had even more time to let it resonate in my mind, I'm even more confident in what I wrote. So all I have to say is, enjoy!

Edit: I'd also like to add that Christopher Nolan maybe the saving grace of the film industry - this guy's films have such a broad appeal and are of such outstanding quality that we can look forward to decades of entertainment.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 pm
Cool. I am definately looking forward to it. With two young children, I dont get out to see much except for the kid flicks but will make sure I get a sitter for this one.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 pm
I haven't been hearing anything other than positive reviews about the movie. Christopher Nolan is a genius, though. He did an amazing job building on Batman Begins with The Dark Knight. Can't wait to see this one. All of hype and the reviews are exceeding them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 am
JREED23 wrote:Yeah, I really never do that either because I am so critical of movies and I have such a low tolerances for the typical, cookie-cutter, Hollywood trash that the major studios insult the movie-goer's intelligent with. I was a little hesitant we I was typing that thinking that I maybe over exaggerating or over hyping the film, but now that I have had even more time to let it resonate in my mind, I'm even more confident in what I wrote. So all I have to say is, enjoy!

Edit: I'd also like to add that Christopher Nolan maybe the saving grace of the film industry - this guy's films have such a broad appeal and are of such outstanding quality that we can look forward to decades of entertainment.

Inception. was. awesome.

might actually be better than the original matrix. yes it's that good.

dust off that thinking cap, and leave your bimbo girlfriend at home; it's time to enjoy the best film of the summer (by a mile!!)

Just like Jerred, it takes A LOT to really impress me in the theater. I didn't even like the Dark Knight for Christ's sake (or at least thought it was heavily over-rated).

It has virtually everything I look for in a movie:
EXCELLENT acting;
MIND BLOWING cinematography;
ENTHRALLING special effects - that look real and don't drive the film (just support it).
a TRULY UNIQUE story in a world of bad movie remakes and reboots, this is fresh and engaging.
a memorable Soundtrack that I might actually buy.

see this movie in IMAX it will be well worth it

I really really recommend watching momento, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and or Primer to warm your brain up for one of the best mind fvck movies ever made. now I consider myself a fairly intelligent young man, and considering I watched three movie reviews all telling me the plot summary and I still got confused let it be known - you will not understand this flick in it's entirety upon first viewing.

I don't think I can keep myself from watching it again this weekend.

Best "Sci-Fi" Movies in the last few years
1. Inception
2. District 9
3. Avatar
>>>>>>
4. Moon
5. Hot Tub Time Machine?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 am
Well I encourage everyone to see the film in the theaters and support it to convince the faceless Hollywood executives that we need more of this and less films like A-Team, Loosers, Twilights, and other mindless blockbuster garbage.

I'm not a big fan of the Matrix films because the action scenes became stale and redundant after the 1st and the whole series was a transparent version of Jesus' life (not just popular opinion the creators have confirmed it). Keanu Reeves is just painful to watch and Laurence Fishburne is a one-trick pony that is below-average at best at the trick.

District 9 was excellent and should have one best motion picture, it brought elements to and grounded sci-fi like we have never seen.

Moon was awesome, although I appreciate that many people considered it to be slow and boring, Sam Rockwell was outstanding!

Avatar was entertaining and I loved the eye candy in 3D but it lacked many elements I look for in Sci-Fi or quality film. It felt too much like that cookie-cutter Disney type of job.

On that note, i saw Prince of Persia - I don't know what I was thinking, paying money to see more Disney trash. Seriously, I can write you a disney script in about 15 minutes from just watching the trailer because they always follow this formula: Young man, rags to riches, princes/lead female hates main character initially but they are thrown into a situation together, 90% of the comedic value is spawned from their dislike/like of each other, at the climax they discover/admit that they like/love each other, discover that it's an evil uncle or someone close to them, one of them makes a sacrifice then a supporting character redeems them self and you get a happy ending... Or maybe that's just Hollywood and Disney is just the epitome of Hollywood garbage.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 am
Can't wait to watch Inception... but I still will have to wait til late august to be able to... :banghead:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm
JREED23 wrote:Well I encourage everyone to see the film in the theaters and support it to convince the faceless Hollywood executives that we need more of this and less films like A-Team, Loosers, Twilights, and other mindless blockbuster garbage.

I'm gonna see it again tonight!

http://www.spill.com/Movie-Reviews/Movi ... oId=480818

my one gripe about it, count how many times they say "dream"
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum