The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:04 am
bada wrote:I totally understand TMC, but the media has basically BEGGED Lebron to do this sort of thing. THEY are the ones that created the circus only to blast him when he stepped into center ring. THAT is BS.

This is not unique to Lebron... happens all over sports... it is just Lebron is a bigger star. but this even happens at the high school level. I mean all the BIG time recruits hold a press conference on signing day and have several hats on the table and then unviel their choices by putting on the hat of the school they have chose. It is just that Lebron is a HUGE star. A bigger stage... a stage that was created by the same media that is killing him

Look, I personally would not have done it the way he did it... but again, this is not unprecedented.

Yes. And it's equally criticizable in any case... but Lebron had a big entourage, and an agent (I guess) that should advice him better than to follow this charade. I think he's probably regretting it now... but hey, the hard way is usually the only way to learn from your mistakes.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 pm
bwahahaha!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpEdFWXrgWI

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 am
Jordan wouldn't have called Magic, Bird
ESPN.com news services

Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls to six titles. And while he had Scottie Pippen, there is little question the Bulls were Jordan's team.

So what does Jordan, one of the best-ever in the NBA, think of LeBron James joining with All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to form a super team in Miami?

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

James, who played his first seven seasons with his home state Cleveland Cavaliers, was part of one of the most celebrated free agent classes in history this summer. He met with the Cavs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

James let the world know he was taking his talents to South Beach in an hour-long TV special on July 8.

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said James' decision may change his legacy.

"He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 the Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to.

"There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am
xbay wrote:
Jordan wouldn't have called Magic, Bird
ESPN.com news services

Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls to six titles. And while he had Scottie Pippen, there is little question the Bulls were Jordan's team.

So what does Jordan, one of the best-ever in the NBA, think of LeBron James joining with All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to form a super team in Miami?

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

James, who played his first seven seasons with his home state Cleveland Cavaliers, was part of one of the most celebrated free agent classes in history this summer. He met with the Cavs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

James let the world know he was taking his talents to South Beach in an hour-long TV special on July 8.

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said James' decision may change his legacy.

"He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 the Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to.

"There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."

I agree that Lebron will now not have a chance to be known as the best player ever. It was a bad move in that respect and it has been done now.

I disagree that the Heat are Wade's team, can argue it's Lebron's a bit more

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 am
Who cares, he was a free agent and decided to play with who he wanted to play with. Jordan just needs to shut up and quit stroking his ego. You're retired Michael, stick to golf.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:50 am
Seriously. If lebron leads this team to a championship and averages 25/10/8... Everyone will be back on his sack.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 pm
As much as I don't like LeBron anymore, he did what he wanted to do. And that's what it's all about right? Making your own decisions. He made his and doesn't regret it. He doesn't wanna be the next Michael Jordan, he wants to be LeBron James. Why should he live up to expectations that the media hyped up? He's doing his own thing, his own way. And that alone makes him unique.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 pm
And say he does LEAD THIS TEAM [which he will, he's the best passer/scorer they have] to 7 championships, he will be remembered as the guy who controlled egos and was a floor general and bla bla bla marched down the frozen tundra bla bla bla ... he will be REMEMBERED AS GREAT. People are just so quick to jump to conclusions its ridic.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm
While that may be true, Miami is still Wade's town. This is still his team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:07 pm
exactly, just like Beantown is Pierce/Rondo
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 pm
We can talk about it as much as we want but once they take the floor and see LeBron runs the show .. it won't take long.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm
Beast Mode wrote:We can talk about it as much as we want but once they take the floor and see LeBron runs the show .. it won't take long.

Wade will then get upset that he won't be the man in Miami anymore and demand a trade to Golden State.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm
xbay wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:We can talk about it as much as we want but once they take the floor and see LeBron runs the show .. it won't take long.

Wade will then get upset that he won't be the man in Miami anymore and demand a trade to Golden State.

ellis to miami. Ellis>LeBron, so it's good for them
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 pm
xbay wrote:

Once again another media construed viewpoint ... STOP CONFORMING!! These guys already gave up guaranteed millions to not be "the man." This is why I want Miami to DOMINATE the NBA for YEARS AND YEARS. For once the media will realize they are their own worst enemy. Once LeBron and d-Wade and bosh co-exist, the uninformed will all realize how much negativity the media provides in positive situations like this. 3 guys who became great friends playing together finally get the chance.
Last edited by Beast Mode on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum