*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm
T-wolves...about to trade their best player for utah's 2 1st round picks and trade exception from chicago. Hey kahn can warriors have turn on you?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:04 pm
problem is they, along with many others including me, dont think he IS their best player.

And if he IS your best player, than you are in for a world of hurt....
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm
bada wrote:problem is they, along with many others including me, dont think he IS their best player.

And if he IS your best player, than you are in for a world of hurt....

completely agree bada, they did well to get out of that deal without having to take on any additional $$ in the deal. most likely the 2 first rounders are not going to be high picks, but its a nice deal. Horford would look good on the front line in Minny with Beasley and Love.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:26 pm
The problem is what they are going to do with it. They had a year of drafting all point guards then small forwards. Next year shooting guards?

Great job with salary dump, but are they going be smart with it? Are they an attractive team? They probably do overpay someone like Horford.

Those 1st round picks and tpe are not that valuable.

Unless Kahn is pulling another trade under the table, this was a steal for the Jazz.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:45 pm
Ina way though, they've lost Boozer and 2 first rounders for Jefferson

I'd call that rape
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:47 pm
Quazza wrote:Ina way though, they've lost Boozer and 2 first rounders for Jefferson

I'd call that rape

Not really ... Jefferson plays center... which opens up room for Kirilenko to play some time at the 4 with Millsap/Okur [when he's healthy]. More versatility for the line up overall
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:17 pm
Quazza wrote:Ina way though, they've lost Boozer and 2 first rounders for Jefferson

I'd call that rape

Definitely. But they made that deal to keep Deron happy... and they already were counting on losing Boozer.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 am
TMC wrote:

I'd call that rape

Definitely. But they made that deal to keep Deron happy... and they already were counting on losing Boozer.

I think Utah will be better next season if Al Jefferson plays center. It ups their inside game a lot imo. I just don't think Boozer is as good as Jefferson with his back to the basket, and Utah will happily allow him to play that way.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 am
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:

I'd call that rape

I think Utah will be better next season if Al Jefferson plays center. It ups their inside game a lot imo. I just don't think Boozer is as good as Jefferson with his back to the basket, and Utah will happily allow him to play that way.

I like AJeff more than Boozer, but right now Boozer does a bit more and AJeff is still a question mark after his knee surgery. AJeff is however better with his back to the basket and I think he is a better defender, about the same as Boozer in rebounding. The Jazz have to feed AJeff the ball a fair bit though and that is the thing about him, he needs the ball because he is so good in what he does well. Better Okur being like a 6th man and Millsap playing alongside AJeff

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:04 am
Boozer's a MUCH better defender than Al. He's a great low post, one on one defender
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 am
Quazza wrote:Boozer's a MUCH better defender than Al. He's a great low post, one on one defender

Are you sure about that Quazza? Boozer has always been a very poor defender in my eyes. Especially for a guy so strong on physical but again he seems to be one of those guys that only cares to play one half of the game (offense).
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am
Yeah Boozer has never been a good defender ... better than Al isn't really saying much
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:00 am
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah Boozer has never been a good defender ... better than Al isn't really saying much

That's what I was gonna say. Boozer is an improvement over Al... but to call him a great low post defender is a stretch.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 am
Yeah, it's like saying you catch passes better and more efficiently than Ekpe Udoh.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am
Actually, they were saying Udoh injured his wrist during weightlifting, not while trying to catch a pass. Almost the same scenario as Francisco Garcia, just not his neck, of course.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum