Monta+Biedrins for J-Rich+Lopez

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 am
This worked on the ESPN Trade Machine...

Monta Ellis + Andris Biedrins
for
Jason Richardson + Robin Lopez

Would give us
PG - Curry/CJ
SG - J.Rich/Bell
SF - Williams/D.Wright
PF - Lee/B.Wright/Udoh
C - Lopez/Gadzuric

Whatcha think?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:33 am
I think Phoenix wants to build around Lopez ... horrible contract switching for them ..... I'd do the deal in a second though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:45 am
The team loses production for now at least. What does JRich have left and is willing to give. RLopez looks like an energy guy, but really hasn't proven himself to be more than that yet.

I'd do it, but there is no guarantee of improving

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 am
yessir
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 am
pros: J-rich expiring, (14.4 million) , cheap defensive center Lopez, and unloads Biedrins and Ellis contracts. Gives us more flexibility for the future. Not a complete salary dump.

cons: Lopez's durability: I get its the main reason why everyone wants beans gone. Having a standard size two guard doesn't mean improvement. Doesn't make us a better team on paper.

I couldn't put up a lot of cons here due to it my might be the best trade for the future. I probably one of the few who have faith in loyalty. I think staying with Beans or Ellis would be worth it for this season. They're the last 2 from we believe era Overhauling roster didn't make us look like the t-wolves. It would probably do some good or knowing this team...some worse for the future.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am
Pro's: Everything

Con's: It'll never happen

Didn't they just take on Hedo's contract? And sign Childress? Don't think they want another 20 M on the books.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 am
Beast Mode wrote:Pro's: Everything

Didn't they just take on Hedo's contract? And sign Childress? Don't think they want another 20 M on the books.

...and for 4 years at that. They'd have nearly no options at getting a point guard once nash's contract is up.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 am
No.

monta going up
Richardson going down
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 am
E-Man wrote:

...and for 4 years at that. They'd have nearly no options at getting a point guard once nash's contract is up.

Strange moves by the Suns and really going to hinder them. All those given away draft picks should have been used to get a hold of a star big which now they desperately need

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 am
They still have Earl Clark from last years draft ... wonder if he's gonna pan out

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:44 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Strange moves by the Suns and really going to hinder them. All those given away draft picks should have been used to get a hold of a star big which now they desperately need

Yeah I'm still kind of confused why they traded for Hedo. I guess Hill or JRich are on their way out? Or maybe insurance for when Hill retires? Hill did play well with the second unit last season and post season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Yeah I'm still kind of confused why they traded for Hedo. I guess Hill or JRich are on their way out? Or maybe insurance for when Hill retires? Hill did play well with the second unit last season and post season.

Turkoglu is good and should be a keeper, unless he does what he did last season. What they need is a post presence. They won't get a star off free agency, but they should have tried and should still be trying to trade for one. Going for AJefferson was what they should have been doing, looking to trade some of their players, like Barbosa, Frye, Dragic, Clark etc.

Return to Trades