Charlotte and Dallas make a trade

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 pm
From yahoo:

Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll and Najera, a league source tells Y! Sports.

Goes on to say that Dampier will in all likelyhood be waived.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:04 pm
Meh...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 pm
Dallas never stopping in trying to improve and compete for that championship. They could get a steal if Chandler plays well, which may well be unlikely. They do get younger and remain a very good rebounding team that could get a little better defensively

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 pm
excellent trade for dallas

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 pm
I see Dampier getting waived, and signing with the Heat or Celtics for the vet minimum.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm
bada wrote:excellent trade for dallas

More meh... :mrgreen:

Nah, I don't think Chandler will do much. Haywood is gonna be their C, and Chandler... well, he has to stay healthy first, and if he does, he's gonna help as a backup, but I don't see much else.

As for Charlotte... maybe Carroll will make their roster...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 pm
so how or why does Dampier get waived

I'm just not clear on the rules around that. If they waive him, they still have to pay him don't they ? How does Charlotte benefit from that?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:26 pm
TMC wrote:

Nah, I don't think Chandler will do much. Haywood is gonna be their C, and Chandler... well, he has to stay healthy first, and if he does, he's gonna help as a backup, but I don't see much else.

they got a guy with good upside and is the exact opposite of Haywood so the compliment eachother well. All for the price of JACK SQUAT. On top of that Chandler is an expirer if he cant bounce back. Gave up nothing and only upside and costs them nothing if it does not work out.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

they got a guy with good upside and is the exact opposite of Haywood so the compliment eachother well. All for the price of JACK SQUAT. On top of that Chandler is an expirer if he cant bounce back. Gave up nothing and only upside and costs them nothing if it does not work out.

Yeah, I got it... Just saying I don't think it's gonna work out that well for Dallas, but they lost nothing, so it's a good deal.

PS: Bada, you don't sleep or what?. This shouldn't be your time slot, mate. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, I got it... Just saying I don't think it's gonna work out that well for Dallas, but they lost nothing, so it's a good deal.

PS: Bada, you don't sleep or what?. This shouldn't be your time slot, mate. :wink:

heading to bed now . was just waiting for the wife to finish a show. :mrgreen:
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:07 am
MAKE YOUR FANTASY PICK FOO

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

I honestly think it'll be easier for Chandler to stay healthy cuz he won't be on the floor as much with Haywood there. And when he's on the floor, all he has to do is block shots and rebound for probably 18-22 minutes per game.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 am
Quazza wrote:so how or why does Dampier get waived

I'm just not clear on the rules around that. If they waive him, they still have to pay him don't they ? How does Charlotte benefit from that?

Well, he just gets waived.............they will still have to pay him for the remainder of the contract theyve taken on but thats only for this year, as hes an expirer at the end of this season.

So thats what they get out of it, 13 mil coming off their cap.............although, Chandler is also an expirer this year...........so maybe they were just looking to get Carroll and Ajinca off their books this year as well.

Dont get why all these teams are making cap saving moves, f*cking Al Jefferson to Utah for draft picks!!!??? what the hell are all these teams going to use the cap space for??...............ooh thats right, they wont.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 am
why don't they just keep him and play him then?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 am
Quazza wrote:why don't they just keep him and play him then?

LOL, well you would think that but I guess they just might not want too! 8)

Alot of teams do it man, just want to off load for someone for someone they dont want either..........just to get a deal done.

This is assuming they WILL waive him, we dont even know that yet............they might want to keep him and play him.............but if not, then its very common man, surely youve seen teams do that? happens all the time.
Next

Return to NBA Forum