*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:40 pm
so we can sign a player using the $2 million given to us by the Nets in the slot?
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:41 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:so we can sign a player using the $2 million given to us by the Nets in the slot?



no, but we can trade that exception for a player making 2 million
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 pm
yes, Always Next is correct. TE's can not be used to sign free agents, only to acquire EXISTING contracts from another team.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:27 pm
TMC wrote:* The Jefferson deal is done. Jazz get him for two future first rounders, using a TE to absorb his contract.

* After Haslem and Mike Miller, the Heat have added another name to their roster... Ilgauskas. Or, in the words of Herb Rudoy, they have "agreed to agree" to a two year deal.



They are definately adding pieces, though Z and MMiller are has beens, they both could contribute enough. Another three pretty good role players and they have a team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:02 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:* The Jefferson deal is done. Jazz get him for two future first rounders, using a TE to absorb his contract.

* After Haslem and Mike Miller, the Heat have added another name to their roster... Ilgauskas. Or, in the words of Herb Rudoy, they have "agreed to agree" to a two year deal.



They are definately adding pieces, though Z and MMiller are has beens, they both could contribute enough. Another three pretty good role players and they have a team


They're still about 2-3 years away from beating the Lakers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm
Who, the Heat? You're crazy. They could beat the Lakers anyday. Not saying they're a better TEAM [yet] ... but to think the Lakers are far ahead of them is crazy. Celtics beat the Lake Show the first year they had the big 3.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:30 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Who, the Heat? You're crazy. They could beat the Lakers anyday. Not saying they're a better TEAM [yet] ... but to think the Lakers are far ahead of them is crazy. Celtics beat the Lake Show the first year they had the big 3.


Yeah, but the Celtics had other key pieces around them. They had Perkins, a not-that-good-yet Rondo, Posey, Allen... they had good depth and were healthy.

I'm not saying the Lakers are completely ahead of the Heat, but they're still a couple pieces away from beating them in seven games.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 pm
Btw, it appears good ol' Al Harrington is signing with the Nuggets on a 5 year, $34 million contract.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 pm
xbay wrote:Btw, it appears good ol' Al Harrington is signing with the Nuggets on a 5 year, $34 million contract.



Insurance for next year when Melo bolts to NY? :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:* The Jefferson deal is done. Jazz get him for two future first rounders, using a TE to absorb his contract.

* After Haslem and Mike Miller, the Heat have added another name to their roster... Ilgauskas. Or, in the words of Herb Rudoy, they have "agreed to agree" to a two year deal.



They are definately adding pieces, though Z and MMiller are has beens, they both could contribute enough. Another three pretty good role players and they have a team


They're still about 2-3 years away from beating the Lakers.



I think that if the Heat, more specifically the young superstar three, can work well together, they're close to unstoppable. It's the defensive side that's the question mark. Wade v Kobe, Bosh v PGasol and who goes against Lebron, Artest? He could, but he isn't the same as he was some five years ago so that is heavily in favour of the Heat. The Heat need a proper PG desperately, above all else and then another Center. Strange that the Magic signed Duhon as their backup, he'd have been a good addition to this Heat team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:19 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Btw, it appears good ol' Al Harrington is signing with the Nuggets on a 5 year, $34 million contract.



Insurance for next year when Melo bolts to NY? :wink:


Harrington is a good pickup, even if Carmelo stays and he us their 6th man. Harrington did surprisingly well last season
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am
Knicks are gonnna make playoffs. Book it.
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:Knicks are gonnna make playoffs. Book it.



Absolutely.



btw, which year are we talking about? :mrgreen:


Nah, really, Amare is a BIG improvement for them, although he doesn't make them contenders, but definitely should be on the playoff bubble.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm
Raja Bell basically gave the Lakers a middle finger and giant "F*CK YOU" by signing with the Jazz instead of the Lakers. The deal is worth about 3 years, $10 million. I guess the man really hates the Lakers.

Updated: July 14, 2010, 9:38 PM ET
Sources: Bell agrees to terms with Jazz
By Marc Stein

Raja Bell won't be meeting face-to-face with longtime nemesis Kobe Bryant after all.

He's signing with the Utah Jazz instead.

Sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com that Bell and the Jazz have agreed to terms on a three-year deal worth nearly $10 million, forcing Bell to cancel his sit-down in Los Angeles with Bryant that had been scheduled for Wednesday.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:55 pm
xbay wrote:Raja Bell basically gave the Lakers a middle finger and giant "F*CK YOU" by signing with the Jazz instead of the Lakers. The deal is worth about 3 years, $10 million. I guess the man really hates the Lakers.

Updated: July 14, 2010, 9:38 PM ET
Sources: Bell agrees to terms with Jazz
By Marc Stein

Raja Bell won't be meeting face-to-face with longtime nemesis Kobe Bryant after all.

He's signing with the Utah Jazz instead.

Sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com that Bell and the Jazz have agreed to terms on a three-year deal worth nearly $10 million, forcing Bell to cancel his sit-down in Los Angeles with Bryant that had been scheduled for Wednesday.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.


I LOVE RAJA BELL!!!! **** YOU LAKERS!!!!

Utah is going to be sick this year.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron