I felt bad for cavs fan until....

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:26 pm
I realized I'm a Warriors fan, we've been suffering for how long now? Our management f'd us over for how long? We had 2 good years here, at least the Cavs had 7 good years. No sympathy.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:46 pm
until i saw a lebron jersey in flames... like really? crucify the guy?
until i heard the ignorant owner say "we'll win a championship before lebron does."
then i realized antawn jamison is now their best player.. ..... outch...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am
It's weird.

Cleveland loses a superstar, they burn jersey's and get ridiculous promises.

Warriors fans continue to see losing and horrible front office management, we do nothing.

What has the world come to?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 am
You know why their mad. They just realize the Warriors might actually win more games then them.

No seriously, they got backstab by their diva james in national tv watch by millions of people. Coming from James, I'm pretty sure cavs fans knew this kinda thing will happen. And all they can do is declare him ohio's public enemy.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 am
im getting sick and tired of hearing how he "backstabbed them" ... he lived up to his contract and made his own decision when it was over. he had every right to leave/choose what team he wanted. He knew the cavs werent going anywhere with Jamison and Mo Williams as the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:21 am
agreed Beast. Dont buy the backstabbing at all. I get the inflated ego and spectacle aspect of the arguments against him but backstabbing is rediculous.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am
Yeah he obviously had the wrong people in his ear .. they make him come off as egotistical when really I don't think he's that way at all... I just think he enjoys having a good time and likes some attention, but who doesn't? Everyone around him sees it as more $$$$ coming in with these 1 hr specials and what not so he rolled with it
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah he obviously had the wrong people in his ear .. they make him come off as egotistical when really I don't think he's that way at all... I just think he enjoys having a good time and likes some attention, but who doesn't? Everyone around him sees it as more $$$$ coming in with these 1 hr specials and what not so he rolled with it

The whole ego maniac argument for Lebron is lost on me. I realize the guy has an ego, you have to in order to be an elite athlete....or elite at anything for that matter, but if he were an ego-maniac, he would not go to a team where he will in essence be one of the guys. If he were all about feeding his ego, he would have gone to NYC or tried to resurrect the Chicago Bulls. Also, I have no problem with the tv show, he earned a lot of money for the boys and girls clubs of America.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah he obviously had the wrong people in his ear .. they make him come off as egotistical when really I don't think he's that way at all... I just think he enjoys having a good time and likes some attention, but who doesn't? Everyone around him sees it as more $$$$ coming in with these 1 hr specials and what not so he rolled with it

The whole ego maniac argument for Lebron is lost on me. I realize the guy has an ego, you have to in order to be an elite athlete....or elite at anything for that matter, but if he were an ego-maniac, he would not go to a team where he will in essence be one of the guys. If he were all about feeding his ego, he would have gone to NYC or tried to resurrect the Chicago Bulls. Also, I have no problem with the tv show, he earned a lot of money for the boys and girls clubs of America.

He did... it's just the show was horrible... Boring, cliche` ... same ol' questions... "LeBron, what is the major factor in this decision" ... I MEAN HOW MANY FKING TIMES HAS HE SAID "WINNING" ??!!! Seriously though ... Agree 100% about the ego thing... I mean he's an athlete who was crowned The King before he graduated high school, if anyone is to blame it's the media.

Still, he should've gone to the Bulls... Better depth, better line-up, chase for 7 rings, better rivalry, just woulda been so much better.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

He did... it's just the show was horrible... Boring, cliche` ... same ol' questions... "LeBron, what is the major factor in this decision" ... I MEAN HOW MANY FKING TIMES HAS HE SAID "WINNING" ??!!! Seriously though ... Agree 100% about the ego thing... I mean he's an athlete who was crowned The King before he graduated high school, if anyone is to blame it's the media.

Still, he should've gone to the Bulls... Better depth, better line-up, chase for 7 rings, better rivalry, just woulda been so much better.

I was pulling for the Bulls myself. And you are right, the show was lame, but it was for a good cause.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:13 pm
Beast Mode wrote:im getting sick and tired of hearing how he "backstabbed them" ... he lived up to his contract and made his own decision when it was over. he had every right to leave/choose what team he wanted. He knew the cavs werent going anywhere with Jamison and Mo Williams as the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team.

My meaning of superstar wants his own team and be contenders for championships. James made sure of the second one going to Miami. You're actually correct on he has every right to leave and to be elite player means you must have some ego for competitive reasons.

If this is today's nba brand of players, i can't blame them. Who wants to stay in small markets and be pretenders when you could have all you wanted in Miami. If we went back to the cavs means he was loyal. If he went to Ny, he wanted the spotlight more than winning. I rooted for him going to Bulls or New Jersey because he could have accomplish both and have a young core to support him for years.

As with the cavs fans, they had 7 years of good basketball and really understandable if they were angry at James for not bringing in championship and leaving them. They shouldn't really trash him and burn his jersey. Dan Gilbert owes James a thanks for reviving his franchise.

Return to NBA Forum