The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:28 pm
bada wrote:Lakers in a landslide! but that is RIGHT now.

I dont know how anyone could pick the Heat right now. They have 4 players on their roster. 4! on their entire roster! No matter how good three of them, you cant pick a team that cant even put 5 players on the court right now and with 3 guys we have no proof can play effetively together over the back to back champs who feature hands down the best top 6 in the league.

I think you confused the question, bada. Its not who do you think will win, but who would you rather want to win.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:01 pm
ah!

Same answer for me but yes I can see now why people are picking the Heat. Sorry.... nothing to see here. lol
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:45 pm
the Lakers could play the Nazi party in a best of 7er and I'd still want em to lose
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:34 am
Quazza wrote:the Lakers could play the Nazi party in a best of 7er and I'd still want em to lose

lol!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:36 am
Quazza wrote:the Lakers could play the Nazi party in a best of 7er and I'd still want em to lose

HA HA HA! Good stuff my friend!

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm
After the Ws, probably the Cavs. I'd love to see the owner's response.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:41 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4OQ3gA ... _embedded#!

first 16 seconds of this are HILARIOUS... the rest is eh
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am
Great.............now this debacle of a circus has been turned into a RACE issue.

Jesse Jackson has branded Gilbert a "Slave Master" and LeBron a "Runaway Slave" from that letter Gilbert wrote to the Cavs fans.

F*cks sake, why does EVERYTHING in America have to be about race? :roll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... AHeadlines
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:09 am
lol thats insane

for 100mil you can slave me the fk up
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:38 am
There is so much hate over at a few general forums i read i.e. realgm lol.
Most of the loyalty from fans/players/organizations is to winning in sports. A guy that is good for the team and community will be traded in a heartbeat for a better player, even if the guy doesn't want to leave. Most fans, will talk about dumping players and talking about them as if they are stats/ salary numbers. Nothing wrong with it, that's just how it is. From the organization to the fans to the players, it's always about getting the best deal/player/chance for wins. So people calling Bron Bron out on joining the heat and taking the easy way out is kinda crazy.
However it does impact image and individual legacy.

Secondly,
His 1 hr press conference is over blown in terms of slapping cleveland in the face.Yes bron bron should take some heat for making it so big, and not personally letting the cavs know his choice asap.
However, this whole free agency summer has been building up for two years. By who? THE media, the fans, the gm's mainly. Lebron and others only made short comments about the "keeping option up" over the years, and people went wild and ran with it. By July 2010, Lebron's decision became too big. what else could he have done other than a tv exclusive to answer questions. espn, his crew, reports would NOT have let him make this choice quietly, it would be a HUGE low end to this circus.
If he used Twitter or a letter- fans would say OMG he leaves us and just sends a twit or letter? 7 years and a letter? what a *****

However, bron bron should have made a scene, however, he should have addressed the cavs and their fans 1st privately beforehand. THen maybe the next day make a special about which team ur leaving for.
Last edited by jamesnamida on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:47 am
Lebron goes to the Heat, what a surprise and really, how will it work with three young superstars, maybe three of the top 5 players in the nba right now, up for opinion and argument ofcourse. How much money does the Heat have left to fill the rest of the roster spots now? Mustn't be much. If they can get capable, productive, contibuting veternas, like BWallace, Earl Watson and anyone else to fill the other positions especially, they'll likely win it all next season, but the biggest factor is ego I think. Can these three coexist, especially can Lebron defer or at least let Wade do as much as him.

This can blow up huge

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am
jamesnamida wrote:There is so much hate over at a few general forums i read i.e. realgm lol.
Most of the loyalty from fans/players/organizations is to winning in sports. A guy that is good for the team and community will be traded in a heartbeat for a better player, even if the guy doesn't want to leave. Most fans, will talk about dumping players and talking about them as if they are stats/ salary numbers. Nothing wrong with it, that's just how it is. From the organization to the fans to the players, it's always about getting the best deal/player/chance for wins. So people calling Bron Bron out on joining the heat and taking the easy way out is kinda crazy.

Secondly,
His 1 hr press conference is over blown in terms of slapping cleveland in the face.Yes bron bron should take some heat for making it so big, and not personally letting the cavs know his choice asap.
However, this whole free agency summer has been building up for two years. By who? THE media, the fans, the gm's mainly. Lebron and others only made short comments about the "keeping option up" over the years, and people went wild and ran with it. By July 2010, Lebron's decision became too big. what else could he have done other than a tv exclusive to answer questions. espn, his crew, reports would NOT have let him make this choice quietly, it would be a HUGE low end to this circus.
If he used Twitter or a letter- fans would say OMG he leaves us and just sends a twit or letter? 7 years and a letter? what a *****

However, bron bron should have made a scene, however, he should have addressed the cavs and their fans 1st privately beforehand. THen maybe the next day make a special about which team ur leaving for.

I completely agree with this jamesnamida.

The media are hipocrites. Like you said, they have made this a two year circus... building hype for his 2010-2011 decision, then he delivers his message in circus fashion, then they crush him.

And all the loyatly slams are just rediculous. Lets face it people, professional sports is NOT about loyalty. Teams dump players all the time without players having any say. This is a 25 year old that has earned the right to choose which city he wants to live and play in and while I do agree he did not handle it the best way, I dont see anything hateful with anything he did.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 am
Bigs... black leaders in America are currently having internal conflicts. You have guys like Jessie Jackson and Al Shapton who have been mainstays for decades beginning to be ignored (mainly for blaming everything on race). Plus, those 2 have major power issues (and egos) and don't want it to go away, so they do what they can to stay relevant.

There is a shift of new leadership in the black community. Someone who I think does his job really well is the current NAACP president, Benjamin Jealous. He isn't low key as he is always talking on the news, but he doesn't create headlines. He is very rationale. Shapton and Jackson have been creating headlines and stories, and the american people are tired of their non-sense.

EDIT: note, this is my opinion, and for any supporters of Jackson or Sharpton, i do not mean to offend you. This is my opinion of these two so-call leaders. Both men have had honorable pasts, but i think they was decades ago. I no longer see those two men as they were once in the 1970's and 1980's.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 am
bada wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:There is so much hate over at a few general forums i read i.e. realgm lol.

Secondly,

I completely agree with this jamesnamida.

The media are hipocrites. Like you said, they have made this a two year circus... building hype for his 2010-2011 decision, then he delivers his message in circus fashion, then they crush him.

And all the loyatly slams are just rediculous. Lets face it people, professional sports is NOT about loyalty. Teams dump players all the time without players having any say. This is a 25 year old that has earned the right to choose which city he wants to live and play in and while I do agree he did not handle it the best way, I dont see anything hateful with anything he did.

But the problem is not Lebron's right to pick where he's gonna play. It's his own call and nobody else's, and he has all the right to decide if he wants to move or not.

What's been criticized here is that he, and the media, didn't know how to handle it and was done in the most tasteless, ruthless and harmful way possible to Cavs fans. That's why people is hating on him (well, me, at least...).

It's not about loyalty, it's about class. And Lebron doesn't have any if he allows his ego to put on that show knowing that it would disappoint fans that have been rooting for him for seven years (more, actually, as he was playing in his hometown).

btw, if he had done the same thing via twitter or whatever, the reaction would have been somewhat similar. The right way would be via an announcement by his agent or something like that, something that doesn't become a big national show.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am
I totally understand TMC, but the media has basically BEGGED Lebron to do this sort of thing. THEY are the ones that created the circus only to blast him when he stepped into center ring. THAT is BS.

This is not unique to Lebron... happens all over sports... it is just Lebron is a bigger star. but this even happens at the high school level. I mean all the BIG time recruits hold a press conference on signing day and have several hats on the table and then unviel their choices by putting on the hat of the school they have chose. It is just that Lebron is a HUGE star. A bigger stage... a stage that was created by the same media that is killing him

Look, I personally would not have done it the way he did it... but again, this is not unprecedented.

Return to NBA Forum