The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:29 am
man, being football fan minorities on this board has really bonded you guys :mrgreen: TMC, you really think Seattle will take the Niners in the first game?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am
RobDIKUM wrote:man, being football fan minorities on this board has really bonded you guys :mrgreen: TMC, you really think Seattle will take the Niners in the first game?

Eh... no. But don't tell Bada. :mrgreen:

Nah, seriously, it's at QWest Field, right?. I'd pick the Niners all the way at home, but on the road... they should be favorites, but anything can happen. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Seahawks win that one.

Still, if I had to bet... I'd probably pick the Niners.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Well , NO MORE excuses this year. This HAS to be the Niners year, and they are playing against a team coming off a terrible season, with no offensive line, a whole new coaching staff AND the most turnover on the roster than any team in the league. If you cant beat us then that is SORRY!

I know you well, Bada, and I know that what you're trying to do is to build up the Niner's fans expectations, so the team has to deal with a lot of pressure, all in hopes they lose a couple of quick games and they implode and end up like the Rams...

Eh... did I say that aloud??? :mrgreen:

DAMN YOU TMC! :mrgreen:

But actually what I say has truth. I DO believe the Hawks will win that game, but I ALSO believe the Niners NEED to win the game. They really have no more excuses and this is a huge season for their players and coaching staff.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:52 am
SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!!

THE BUCS SIGNED DEKODA WATSON TO A CONTRACT, CUTTING ANGELO CROWELL TO MAKE ROOM FOR HIM!!!

Let's see if you catch the subtle message and stop derailing my thread... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:56 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-32-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers;_ylt=AhMep3dpG_uATlak51SifaC5bZ8u?urn=fantasy,251673

So would you agree with any of this TMC?

They saying ignore all BUCS/FANTASY @ this years Draft
(i remember 2 seasons ago, the Raiders were in the same position)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:16 am
PAWNO wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-32-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers;_ylt=AhMep3dpG_uATlak51SifaC5bZ8u?urn=fantasy,251673

Absolutely... not. We're not a playoff contender, but our team is vastly improved from last year, in all regards. Freeman showed a lot of promise last year and he'll have more weapons this season, Caddy and Ward should see more space to run now that we're gonna have a passing game to open up the field, Winslow was one of the top TEs last year and there's no reason for him to not be back at the same level.

As for the D... I had several guys like Geno Hayes or Tanard Jackson (didn't have Ruud, but he ended with a ton of tackles) last year and they did great from a fantasy point of view (although the D, as a whole, sucked).

We're not gonna be great, but we're improved and have an easy schedule. that article is certainly retarded. I'd bet you we win more games than, say, the Rams.... and probably more than a few teams that were above us this year. I think 6 wins is feasible if our rookies play as well as we expect them to.

What's the problem with that article?. That's only based on last year's atrocious performance... and it ignores the fact that this year's team is nothing like last season's. In other words, a few hundreds lines of... crap.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 am
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-32-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers;_ylt=AhMep3dpG_uATlak51SifaC5bZ8u?urn=fantasy,251673

Absolutely... not. We're not a playoff contender, but our team is vastly improved from last year, in all regards. Freeman showed a lot of promise last year and he'll have more weapons this season, Caddy and Ward should see more space to run now that we're gonna have a passing game to open up the field, Winslow was one of the top TEs last year and there's no reason for him to not be back at the same level.

As for the D... I had several guys like Geno Hayes or Tanard Jackson (didn't have Ruud, but he ended with a ton of tackles) last year and they did great from a fantasy point of view (although the D, as a whole, sucked).

We're not gonna be great, but we're improved and have an easy schedule. that article is certainly retarded. I'd bet you we win more games than, say, the Rams.... and probably more than a few teams that were above us this year. I think 6 wins is feasible if our rookies play as well as we expect them to.

What's the problem with that article?. That's only based on last year's atrocious performance... and it ignores the fact that this year's team is nothing like last season's. In other words, a few hundreds lines of... crap.

Yeah Josh Freeman was certainly a revelation!!! & they've upgraded there Wide Receivers (even with the subtraction of Antonio Bryant)

I just wanted to show it to you bro... Not trying to stir the pot, But even I would of had a team like the RAMS as a worst fantasy performer... Hell even Buffalo will be less productive then the BUCS!

Don't think i'll pick up too many BUCS Players for fantasy this year, allthough i may have a roster spot open for someone if i wannna try n sweeten any lopsided trades with you & try n throw in a BUC to sweeten the deal.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 am
PAWNO wrote:Don't think i'll pick up too many BUCS Players for fantasy this year, allthough i may have a roster spot open for someone if i wannna try n sweeten any lopsided trades with you & try n throw in a BUC to sweeten the deal.

Let me tell you something, there are at least five Bucs players that will be really productive in fantasy leagues... although I won't tell you who. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Don't think i'll pick up too many BUCS Players for fantasy this year, allthough i may have a roster spot open for someone if i wannna try n sweeten any lopsided trades with you & try n throw in a BUC to sweeten the deal.

Let me tell you something, there are at least five Bucs players that will be really productive in fantasy leagues... although I won't tell you who. :wink:

Only one Buc.. Winslow would I want as a fantasy starter. There are a couple others that I suppose are worth a 3rd and 4th spot in your position depth, but that is it.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 am
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Only one Buc.. Winslow would I want as a fantasy starter. There are a couple others that I suppose are worth a 3rd and 4th spot in your position depth, but that is it.

I wasn't talking as starters, just part of a fantasy team. And, to be honest, I included a couple of defensive players for leagues with such roles... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:16 am
Ok, some quick points about what's going on with the Bucs:

* The team has been trying to trade Mike Clayton, Hovan and Ryan Sims. Obviously, nobody is that dumb as to trade for them. And all of them are in risk of being cut during training camp. Maybe one of the DTs will be kept, as insurance in case of injuries, but that's it. Clayton is right now the 6th WR on the depth chart and both Hovan and Sims will fight Dre Moore for the 4th DT spot.

* I probably shouldn't post this (for fantasy reasons), but the Bucs idea is to give Caddy more carries this upcoming season, once he's proven he's healthy and ready to be the feature back he was supposed to be. The current gameplan is to give him around 25 carries per game.

* Also, Greg Olson has had a whole offseason to tweak the ridiculous playbook Jagodzinski left when he was fired, and the new passing offense will look a lot like the West Coast Offense Gruden ran, and that includes most of the terminology. Don't know if I like it, because I think Freeman might be better suited for a more direct passing game... Hope he adds some of the plays he learned while with the Rams to mix it up, because a plain West Coast offense would be a mistake.

With that said, I really like Olson. He had nothing to work with last year, and you could see the improvement game after game. Now that he has some weapons and time to work with them, I'm excited about what he can do.

* Two guys have surprised our coaching staff so far, and I mean in a positive way: Mike Williams, our recently drafted WR, and... Reggie Brown. Seriously, the coaching staff LOVES Brown. Doesn't mean anything so far... but he's clearly in the run for one starting position, along with Williams, Benn and Stroughter.

* Derrick Brooks is gonna have his FSU jersey retired on Nov. 13... and the Bucs have already told him that, as soon as he fills his papers for retirement, he'll be honored as the greatest Buc in history. All well deserved.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 am
Old news, but we've signed Keydrick Vincent. On paper, he'll have a camp battle with Zuttah to be the starter, but he's been signed as insurance after having to release Arron Sears. Cheap, solid signing that probably won't be around for long.

Everybody will be rooting for Zuttah to win that battle, because of age mostly, but if he doesn't, we should be well covered... for this year, at least.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm
Can't wait for those Saints Bucs games ... gonna be fun. Care to wager? :]
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Can't wait for those Saints Bucs games ... gonna be fun. Care to wager? :]

After pulling an upset last year at the Superdome?. No, thanks... we're gonna be improved, but not at the Saints level, as long as Brees stays healthy. We don't stand a chance in that game, and I only bet when the odds are in my favor...

The Ray Jay game is gonna be fun, tho... but let me see which kind of team we are before taking on any bets...
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm
TMC wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Can't wait for those Saints Bucs games ... gonna be fun. Care to wager? :]

After pulling an upset last year at the Superdome?. No, thanks... we're gonna be improved, but not at the Saints level, as long as Brees stays healthy. We don't stand a chance in that game, and I only bet when the odds are in my favor...

The Ray Jay game is gonna be fun, tho... but let me see which kind of team we are before taking on any bets...

Theres nowhere for the team to go but up ... Benn was a great addition [plus great value, some drafts he'd be top 10] .. Freeman looks like a keeper ... D-Line should be much improved with McCoy/Price [plus you have a guy named Stylez. G White... what else needs to be said?] My question marks would be on the LB core/Offensive line/RB department [would like to see more Graham] .. I don't follow any team nearly as close as the Saints but those just seem like the weaknesses of the team when looking at the depth chart .. but thats just me speculating. Every team in the NFC South should be improved this year though.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board