Gortat + Pietrus?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 am
Apaprently Chicago offered a fairly hefty contract to JJ Redick. Orlando wants to keep Redick but will probably have to trade someone for peanuts since they are already into the luxury. The name that came up was Gortat (heard all of this on ESPN Radio this morning.)

We need a center and we need another small forward. I know some here have asked "What has Gortat done?" Well he hasn't done much yet, but he hasn't been given much of a chance to play behind D.Howard.

Gortat is definetly raw, but he is also...
- Gigantic
- Defensive minded
- Athletic
- Tough
- Strong as a Bull Moose

I've seen this guy play on TV, of course, and in person agaisnt the Blazers. He is really a physical beast. I think he could help us out alot, and with Lee here Gortat wouldn't be asked to do a lot of scoring. Just play some D and get some put backs.

This could also be a good chance for us to reaquire Pietrus.

I'm not sure what we would trade exactly, but it would have to be little in the way of cap room.

I'm still holding out hope for Beans, but I still would love to see a big physical presence like Gortat on the Warriors. I wouldn't mind having Pietrus back either :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:04 am
Christ, nm. As soon as I wrote this post I check the news and WHAMO... JJ is a Bull :(

btw The Bulls look sick now with Boozer, JJ and Korver added to what was already a good young roster.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:46 pm
Chum wrote:Christ, nm. As soon as I wrote this post I check the news and WHAMO... JJ is a Bull :(

btw The Bulls look sick now with Boozer, JJ and Korver added to what was already a good young roster.

Bulls are the smart players in this market. None of the top 3, but the most dirty, effective players are on their team. And Derrick Rose is one of my favorite players, although I hate Noah with a passion.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm
Now that JJ is gone we should try a sign and trade for Gortat with CJ. They could really use CJ now..... (btw: the sign and trade for CJ idea I got from Beast) The Gortat idea is mine :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 pm
Chum wrote:Now that JJ is gone we should try a sign and trade for Gortat with CJ. They could really use CJ now..... (btw: the sign and trade for CJ idea I got from Beast) The Gortat idea is mine :)

I dont see why they need CJ when they just signed Duhon. CJ is better, but Duhon is already their new backup for jameer.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 am
E-Man wrote:
Chum wrote:Now that JJ is gone we should try a sign and trade for Gortat with CJ. They could really use CJ now..... (btw: the sign and trade for CJ idea I got from Beast) The Gortat idea is mine :)

I dont see why they need CJ when they just signed Duhon. CJ is better, but Duhon is already their new backup for jameer.

Because CJ can score and they need scorers. CJ is really more of a 2 guard than a PG, he's kinda short though so usually ends up playing PG.

btw Orlando says they will take the full 7 days to decide if they want to match Chicago's offer for JJ Redick. To me that means they are waiting to talk to other teams about trades. I think they would still trade Gortat if it means they can keep Redick. We could conceiveably still do a sign and trade with Raja Bell. Assuming Raja would be making considerably less than Gortat's 6+ mil a year, then they could make that trade and probably lose enough cap space to resign Redick.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 pm
It wouldn't make sense anymore since we got D.Wright. Healthy Biedrins > Gortat.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:16 pm
TankWatch wrote:It wouldn't make sense anymore since we got D.Wright. Healthy Biedrins > Gortat.

Yeah but we haven't seen healthy Biedrins for over 2 years ... starting to wonder if we ever see him ...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 pm
I don't get the infatuation with Gortat. He's enormous, can score and get some boards, but I haven't been really impressed when I watched him play extended minutes in the last european tournament, particularly defensively.

Granted, he didn't have any help in his team, but still was mildly disappointing.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 pm
TMC wrote:I don't get the infatuation with Gortat. He's enormous, can score and get some boards, but I haven't been really impressed when I watched him play extended minutes in the last european tournament, particularly defensively.

Granted, he didn't have any help in his team, but still was mildly disappointing.

I don't have any numbers to show it but he has impressed me as a defender. That and he's huge and tough. That's about it. No reason we can't have him and Biedrins. Let them fight it out to see who starts. Right now we have...

Biedrins/Gadzooki

That's not enough even if they are both healthy the entire season imho.

I think we can get Gortat and we should. Few can bring more beef to the team than Gortat.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:38 pm
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:I don't get the infatuation with Gortat. He's enormous, can score and get some boards, but I haven't been really impressed when I watched him play extended minutes in the last european tournament, particularly defensively.

I don't have any numbers to show it but he has impressed me as a defender. That and he's huge and tough. That's about it. No reason we can't have him and Biedrins. Let them fight it out to see who starts. Right now we have...

Biedrins/Gadzooki

That's not enough even if they are both healthy the entire season imho.

I think we can get Gortat and we should. Few can bring more beef to the team than Gortat.

If the idea is to replace Biedrins wtih Gortat, I'm alright with that. But Gortat is not the answer, particularly on the defensive end. Actually, he reminds a bit our own David Lee, so I wonder how he would fit with our roster...

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 pm
Chum wrote:We could conceiveably still do a sign and trade with Raja Bell. Assuming Raja would be making considerably less than Gortat's 6+ mil a year, then they could make that trade and probably lose enough cap space to resign Redick.

Can we still do that? I thought we waived Bell last year...so technically he's not ours to pull a sign and trade. Right? If he was our free agent, I'd wanna re-sign him. I like Bell.

Even then..I agree with TMC...I'm not all that impressed with Gortat. I think he was a good back up for Dwight, but I don't see him being a beast of a starting center. The reason he looked somewhat great was because he was backing up Dwight. He would be a better option than Gadzuric, though.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm
E-Man wrote:
Chum wrote:We could conceiveably still do a sign and trade with Raja Bell. Assuming Raja would be making considerably less than Gortat's 6+ mil a year, then they could make that trade and probably lose enough cap space to resign Redick.

Can we still do that? I thought we waived Bell last year...so technically he's not ours to pull a sign and trade. Right? If he was our free agent, I'd wanna re-sign him. I like Bell.

Even then..I agree with TMC...I'm not all that impressed with Gortat. I think he was a good back up for Dwight, but I don't see him being a beast of a starting center. The reason he looked somewhat great was because he was backing up Dwight. He would be a better option than Gadzuric, though.

that is right E-Man, by waiving him we lost his Bird Rights AND any sign and trade rights. This is why so many of us were pissed when the did it.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:55 pm
bada wrote:
E-Man wrote:

that is right E-Man, by waiving him we lost his Bird Rights AND any sign and trade rights. This is why so many of us were pissed when the did it.

Ah that sucks. Well I'm still for CJ for Gortat in a sign and trade...

TMC wrote:If the idea is to replace Biedrins wtih Gortat, I'm alright with that. But Gortat is not the answer, particularly on the defensive end. Actually, he reminds a bit our own David Lee, so I wonder how he would fit with our roster...

Hmm, I can't see even a little bit of difference between Lee and Gortat's game.

So some are saying Biedrins is better than Gortat. How could anyone possibly know? Nobody knows if old Beans will return or not. No way did Biedrins play as well as Gortat this year. The other part of this is that nobody really knows what Gortat is capable of because he is forever in the shadow of D.Howard.

Both Biedrins and Gortat are unknowns right now, but they both have the potential to be the defensive presence that the Warriors need. That's why I say we get Gortat and have him compete for the starting job with Biedrins. Let the best giant white guy win :)

We aren't going to get a great center without trading one of our starters, even then I'm not sure we could. The best thing to do is to go with beef and potential. Gortat has both.

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:00 pm
CJ for Gortat would be lovely... we'd have to give up more though.. I doubt CJ gets half the contract Gortat has.
Next

Return to Trades