Warriors sign Dorell Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:13 am
For that price, it's a pretty good signing, even if only for depth. I've got the feeling Reggie still will start and Wright will come from the bench to spell him.

And I haven't been too impressed with his defense, although he's better than what we had... but his rebounding is pretty good for a SF. Nice signing, anyway...

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:41 am
At this price and considering who we have lost, it's a good move. I had this mindset that Reggie is going to start, though... but I wouldn't surprised if Wright started, either.

I like him and I've heard Miami fans felt like he was being held back from reaching his potential and that he should be a good fit in an up tempo offense. Although, just for jokes, if anyone thinks he'll have a good chance reaching his potential here, they're crazy. No one reaches their potential here. :wink: :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 am
Chum wrote:I was just reading the posts about Dorell Wright on the Heat forums. Sounds like they think he's athletic, never reached his potential on the Heat, and is much better suited to play on the Warriors due to our uptempo game. They seemed to like him a lot, there were a lot of "Best of Luck" posts.

Also apparently pictures of his cock got out onto the internet. I didn't check on that though, I figure that's PAWNO's field of expertise :)

I was kind of curious, So i Goobled him

I got the photos, But seen it's just a big black thing with no proof it was his... I decided to photoshop him on a real Rooster!!! So everyone on the board could see

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:48 am
PAWNO wrote:I was kind of curious, So i Goobled him

My bad peeps, i meant to type Googled him!!!
Bloody G key is right above the B Key

My hands are gased up with Vasoline.... So it's kind of hard hitting keystrokes with my Semi-Erection!!!

I'll go get a rag & continue all sensible Dorrell Conversation. =P~

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 am
:banghead: why always get a scrub players.....

i want W's get a top fantasy player ....when will that happen....

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:42 am
GSW United wrote::banghead: why always get a scrub players.....

Isn't Curry a top 10 fantasy player this year?

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
GSW United wrote::banghead: why always get a scrub players.....

Isn't Curry a top 10 fantasy player this year?

And David Lee as well... in terms of productive players, it's been the best offseason I can remember. Our only great signing was Baron, and that was a mid-season trade...

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 am
PAWNO you dumbass. WHY did you post such horror to my eyes. :letitallout:

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:PAWNO you dumbass. WHY did you post such horror to my eyes. :letitallout:

Why did you watch? :mrgreen:

There are some posts you have to learn to avoid, mate... and most of them come from Pawno. :wink:

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm
PAWNO wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I was kind of curious, So i Goobled him

My bad peeps, i meant to type Googled him!!!
Bloody G key is right above the B Key

My hands are gased up with Vasoline.... So it's kind of hard hitting keystrokes with my Semi-Erection!!!

I'll go get a rag & continue all sensible Dorrell Conversation. =P~

did you say you gobbled him?

Rookie
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 pm
Defense: A fairly poor defender who has the physical assets to be solid, but lacks experience. Will makes some plays in passing lanes and as a shot blocker due to his length and athleticism. Doesn’t always rotate to the ball and recover to skip passes. Has all the raw tools, but not the fundamentals. Rebounds the ball well, but could stand to add some weight and get more involved on the glass.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dor ... z0tP928O1V
http://www.draftexpress.com

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 pm
biggumt wrote:Defense: A fairly poor defender who has the physical assets to be solid, but lacks experience. Will makes some plays in passing lanes and as a shot blocker due to his length and athleticism. Doesn’t always rotate to the ball and recover to skip passes. Has all the raw tools, but not the fundamentals. Rebounds the ball well, but could stand to add some weight and get more involved on the glass.

Well...it's a good thing we have such a great coach for teaching young players defensive fundamentals. :roll:

Role Player
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:01 pm
Warriors general manager Larry Riley promised he would get the team a small forward, and he delivered Saturday by luring Dorell Wright to Golden State.

Wright and the Warriors agreed in principle on a three-year deal worth just less than $12 million that is expected to be signed in the coming days, sources close to negotiations said.

The 6-foot-9 24-year-old was the 19th overall selection out of high school in the 2004 draft. He averaged 7.1 points and 3.7 rebounds for Miami last season and is considered a plus defender.

"We're looking at several three-men, and we feel like we're close to a deal," Riley said. A Warriors source said Wright "is the direction we're going to go."

The deal with Wright could spell the end of Anthony Morrow's tenure with the Warriors. The restricted-free-agent shooting guard is expected to sign a three-year, $12 million deal from New Jersey on Monday, and, though the Warriors will have a week to decide, they aren't expected to match the offer.

Wright will fill some of Morrow's court-spacing role. After two seasons hampered by knee injuries, he hit a career-high 61 three-pointers last season.

"He'll be our version of Bruce Bowen," a Warriors source said.

League decision-makers thought Wright was just starting to show his overall value, and many believed he would net the full mid-level exception, which the NBA set at $5.765 million. Miami wanted Wright to return, and San Antonio was among other teams chasing the small forward.

His length and defensive capabilities could help a starting unit that doesn't have many defenders among Andris Biedrins, David Lee, Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry. But Wright doesn't come without baggage. He was arrested last season on a driving under the influence charge and had racy photos released on the Internet.

Link

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:48 pm
He is a solid defender

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:38 pm
biggumt wrote:Defense: A fairly poor defender who has the physical assets to be solid, but lacks experience. Will makes some plays in passing lanes and as a shot blocker due to his length and athleticism. Doesn’t always rotate to the ball and recover to skip passes. Has all the raw tools, but not the fundamentals. Rebounds the ball well, but could stand to add some weight and get more involved on the glass.

I like how you pulled an evaluation of him from 2008, when he was mostly injured :wink: . Last season he finally had a healthy season and showed what kind of a defender he can be. He's not necessarily lock down as of yet, but I think he can get there. I wouldn't exactly say Bruce Bowen...but more Sefalosha-esque.