Vlad Rad's expiring for

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 am
Vlad trades:

1. Vlad to Nets for TWilliams and Jianlian

2. Vlad to 76ers for Sperights and Jason Smith

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 am
migya wrote:Vlad trades:

1. wouldn't mind picking up TW but Jianlian, no thank you. that guy is awful, and I wouldn't want to pay him 4 mill to sit on the bench next year...

2. could be great for us but I don't think it's possible: A) why would PHI trade two cheap players for an expensive expiring almost twice the price?? B) they are currently at 64Million -> adding another ~4 Million to their salary would not only KEEP them over the Sal Cap (can't trade for a bigger salary when over the cap I believe), it would likely put them well above the luxuary tax thresh as well.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:30 am

Give me a single reason why the Nets or Sixers would do those trades. And him being an expirer is not a reason, because they're losing some of the few guys they want to keep.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 am
TMC wrote:

Give me a single reason why the Nets or Sixers would do those trades. And him being an expirer is not a reason, because they're losing some of the few guys they want to keep.

Well, the expiring factor is the only factor necessary. The 76ers especially need to shed some salary and with a high draft pick, they likely will get a good big to go with Brand and Dalembert, replacing Spreights.

Nets will also get a high draft pick and so will get a very good player. Jianlian has been nothing but a disappointment to them and gets paid a bit, though nothing major. What Yi does for the Warriors is appeal to the asian people there, that's got to be some sort of a plus

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, the expiring factor is the only factor necessary. The 76ers especially need to shed some salary and with a high draft pick, they likely will get a good big to go with Brand and Dalembert, replacing Spreights.

Nets will also get a high draft pick and so will get a very good player. Jianlian has been nothing but a disappointment to them and gets paid a bit, though nothing major. What Yi does for the Warriors is appeal to the asian people there, that's got to be some sort of a plus

I'll be more direct this time: :wink:

Terrence Williams is one of the few players the Nets want to keep, and the Sixers are trying to trade Dalembert to open up minutes and a starting spot for Speights.

Both teams would laugh at such a trade. Unless we take one of their bad contracts back, that is...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I'll be more direct this time: :wink:

Terrence Williams is one of the few players the Nets want to keep, and the Sixers are trying to trade Dalembert to open up minutes and a starting spot for Speights.

Both teams would laugh at such a trade. Unless we take one of their bad contracts back, that is...

yeah I forgot to add to my #1 no way they'd trade their two starters for an expiring...

any other idea's people?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 pm
It's good that we've moved on, but that Jackson trade would have been infinitely better if Bell's contract expired next year and Rad's did after this year.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 am
Vlad Rad - Mickael Pietrus... he's exactly what we need and would only be on the books for two years @ <6M per yr. Defense, Rebounding, Athleticism, a little 3pt shooting from the corner, and a team that needs to shed salary (Orlando).

If we can't land a great SF, then next best thing is getting a role player that can defend the great SF's of the league.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:34 am
first off wrote:Vlad Rad - Mickael Pietrus... he's exactly what we need and would only be on the books for two years @ <6M per yr. Defense, Rebounding, Athleticism, a little 3pt shooting from the corner, and a team that needs to shed salary (Orlando).

If we can't land a great SF, then next best thing is getting a role player that can defend the great SF's of the league.

YES, but are Magic that desperate?
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:50 am
Do you guys seriously want Pietrus back? Lol ...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Do you guys seriously want Pietrus back? Lol ...

I say again... who can you find that's any better and available? And don't say him.

were going to lose Watson just like we are going to lose morrow. Orlando has coveted watson for over a year now. Package Watson + Vlad Radmonovich for a serviceable SF + a pick before we lose Watson for nothing. Then pick up Earl Watson for the vet min. Spla-doosh!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:25 am
first off wrote:

I say again... who can you find that's any better and available?

Richard Jefferson
Ronnie Brewer
Josh Howard
Wesley Matthews
Rasual Butler

Just from the top of my head... Some of them wouldn't be good fits, some of them would ask for too much... but all of them are better players than Pietrus, and are available.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:42 am

No, Pietrus is DUMB!

Just checking to see if Reggie still frequents the board :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:40 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

No, Pietrus is DUMB!

Just checking to see if Reggie still frequents the board :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was a good one Rob! Bravo
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:41 pm
TMC wrote:
first off wrote:

I say again... who can you find that's any better and available?

Richard Jefferson
Ronnie Brewer
Josh Howard
Wesley Matthews
Rasual Butler

Just from the top of my head... Some of them wouldn't be good fits, some of them would ask for too much... but all of them are better players than Pietrus, and are available.

I'd Like Ronnie Brewer. Or a sign and trade for Josh Childress. I'd also try to get Matt Barnes back before I tried to get Pietrus back.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Trades