The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 am
bada wrote:that is the most childish and inappropriate letter. he should be ashamed of himself for crying like a little baby.

disloyal?
cowardly betryal?

REALLY??? What exactly did he owe you Mr Gilbert? He played out his contract and earned the right to seek the employer of his choice. You lost. Get over it. To blast a guy like that is such a cheap shot that certainly will make other players take pause before playing for him.

Actually, I do LOVE that letter. Under other circumstances, I'd agree with you... but due to Lebron's show of self-promotion, just to break every single Cavs fan heart by declaring on national TV that he was leaving for Miami to win rings... sorry, but he deserved that kind of answer.

Quazza wrote:maybe if they'd put a decent team around him, he would've stayed

Shag
Jamison
Mo Williams?

desperation moves(yes i know Mo was an all star but ive never rated him)

"Ok so i can stay, and play with Tawn, Krusty the clown and Mother Humper #1, or leave and play with Flash, and the Predator......oh gee, hmmmmmmmm"

It's not about staying or leaving. He had all the right to move on and join another team for a better shot at a championship.

What pisses me off (and the whole state of Ohio and lots of fans worldwide) is having to go through this "charade" on national TV to eventually say you're leaving.

Imagine how you'd feel if we become a respectable team again, one that regularly is in contention in the West and Curry acts like that and says he's leaving for Lakers. He has all the right to do so, but the way Lebron did it is just tasteless, and deserved a tasteless answer like Gilbert's letter. I think it's quite fitting.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am
Mmm... Gilbert is starting to see his pockets shrink right before his eyes ... thats where the real anger is from. His letter is laughable.

"LeBron is cursed! Karma! Karma!"

Are you serious? What is he, 12? He's cursed because he left a P.O.S team with a P.O.S owner in a P.O.S city to actually experience winning without being the ONLY reliable player on the team.... gimme a break.

I thought the special was gonna be interesting but instead it was more cliche` stupid questions and Lebron cliche` answers about doing it for the championships [the entire show was CORNY] ...

And what in the hell weed [his blunt must have been laced] is the owner smoking to think that team is anywhere close to winning a championship??? Lol, they are immediately a bottom 5 team in the east, SORRY! Your city went to sh*t, your team is gonna go to sh*t, and LeBron doesn't owe you SH*T. He had to single handedly carry them to the finals against one of the best dynasties in sports and got ZEROOOOO HELP FROM ANYONEEE!!!! He don't owe nobody SHIAATTT.

Enjoy the rings King. Once you show you are the leader of the Heat, everyone will be on the wagon once again.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:that is the most childish and inappropriate letter. he should be ashamed of himself for crying like a little baby.

disloyal?
cowardly betryal?

REALLY??? What exactly did he owe you Mr Gilbert? He played out his contract and earned the right to seek the employer of his choice. You lost. Get over it. To blast a guy like that is such a cheap shot that certainly will make other players take pause before playing for him.

Actually, I do LOVE that letter. Under other circumstances, I'd agree with you... but due to Lebron's show of self-promotion, just to break every single Cavs fan heart by declaring on national TV that he was leaving for Miami to win rings... sorry, but he deserved that kind of answer.

Quazza wrote:maybe if they'd put a decent team around him, he would've stayed

Shag
Jamison
Mo Williams?

desperation moves(yes i know Mo was an all star but ive never rated him)

"Ok so i can stay, and play with Tawn, Krusty the clown and Mother Humper #1, or leave and play with Flash, and the Predator......oh gee, hmmmmmmmm"

It's not about staying or leaving. He had all the right to move on and join another team for a better shot at a championship.

What pisses me off (and the whole state of Ohio and lots of fans worldwide) is having to go through this "charade" on national TV to eventually say you're leaving.

Imagine how you'd feel if we become a respectable team again, one that regularly is in contention in the West and Curry acts like that and says he's leaving for Lakers. He has all the right to do so, but the way Lebron did it is just tasteless, and deserved a tasteless answer like Gilbert's letter. I think it's quite fitting.

Well, I am going with Pawno.... I am Cleveland's newest fan. Now LeDouche is gone, time to root for them.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am
Nothing will prove his greatness more [besides winning championships] than how GARBAGE Cleveland will be next season. Maybe they'll go 4-78 and get Harrison Barnes though.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Well, I am going with Pawno.... I am Cleveland's newest fan. Now LeDouche is gone, time to root for them.

Me too. I rooted for Miami back when they had only Wade... but purely because they were my second team since Tim Hardaway played there, and I do enjoy watching Wade play like nobody else in the NBA (other than the Dubs, that is).

Not anymore. I'll be on the hunt for a second team, and certainly hope Cleveland gets back and finds a way to beat Miami... although it won't be next year. They've become one of the worst teams of the NBA all of a sudden.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 am
I was so happy for Miami until Mr. James freaking backstabbed his home state on television and said he's going to Miami.

I'm interested though. Say there's a Lakers-Heat final. Who would you pick? I'm probably the only Laker's fan on this board, but what are your opinions. Actually, now that I think of it, I would have voted Miami if LeBron wasn't there.

It would be hella funny if it took Heat 7 games to beat the Lakers. That would cement the fact that:
:D Kobe>LeBlowJob
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:35 pm
The best thing about all of this is that it's going to be the Lakers and the Celtics in the Championship series again next year :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:Say there's a Lakers-Heat final. Who would you pick? I'm probably the only Laker's fan on this board, but what are your opinions.

Lakers... but you're asking to pick between Satan and Lucifer... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm
Depends on whose coaching. If Spoelstra is, I'm going Lakers. If Riley is, I'm going Heat.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:22 pm
TMC wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:Say there's a Lakers-Heat final. Who would you pick? I'm probably the only Laker's fan on this board, but what are your opinions.

Lakers... but you're asking to pick between Satan and Lucifer... :mrgreen:

seriously... lol

If they get 3-4 good support players, and better than scrub bench Miami will do just fine.
They will need some beef to get through Boston, Orlando, or LA.
I'm not going to choose when it's a choice between who do I want to see lose more?
See it blow up in Miami's face vs. watch Kobe's agony of defeat face....
hmmm which will I enjoy more.. :-k ::lol: ...

Whoever is playing better basketball deserves to win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:44 pm
I'm with TMC, i would choose Lakers over Heat... i actually chose Lakers over Boston because I absolutely hate boston fans (I hate the Patriots, Red Sox too).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm
I would rather see Kobe, who despite all of his faults cares about winning more then anything, win another championship then LeBron reach the promise land.

I think maybe James made this move because he realized that he is a flash and show. He needed to pair with somebody who had that killer instinct (Wade) that he doesn't have. This way James can sell the tickets, get the sponsorships and become famous while Wade will be the Jordan, the guy who comes through in the clutch and takes over the big games.

If I am right about that, and I think that I am, then LeBron James is smarter then I thought. I say that because he realized at a relatively young age who he is as a basketball player, and he paired himself with exactly the kind of player that he NEEDS to sit atop the NBA for the remainder of his career. Bosh is just the bonus, a hanger-on who will ride the coattails of greater player in order to secure his own legacy.

The problem for James? IF it all plays out like I am saying then Wade will always be remembered as the greater player. He already has a legacy, and a championship to boot. He has already done what LeBron James could not, and he did it with a Shaquille O'Neal who was slipping from the clutches of his prime. Unlike LeBron who is needs another superstar and another all-star to get there. If that happens then LeBron will never truly be the king.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:02 pm
Tarantism wrote:I would rather see Kobe, who despite all of his faults cares about winning more then anything, win another championship then LeBron reach the promise land.

I think maybe James made this move because he realized that he is a flash and show. He needed to pair with somebody who had that killer instinct (Wade) that he doesn't have. This way James can sell the tickets, get the sponsorships and become famous while Wade will be the Jordan, the guy who comes through in the clutch and takes over the big games.

If I am right about that, and I think that I am, then LeBron James is smarter then I thought. I say that because he realized at a relatively young age who he is as a basketball player, and he paired himself with exactly the kind of player that he NEEDS to sit atop the NBA for the remainder of his career. Bosh is just the bonus, a hanger-on who will ride the coattails of greater player in order to secure his own legacy.

The problem for James? IF it all plays out like I am saying then Wade will always be remembered as the greater player. He already has a legacy, and a championship to boot. He has already done what LeBron James could not, and he did it with a Shaquille O'Neal who was slipping from the clutches of his prime. Unlike LeBron who is needs another superstar and another all-star to get there. If that happens then LeBron will never truly be the king.

Interesting take.

Wade has always been my favorite active NBA player. After watching him the season he won the title, I absolutely fell in love with the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing what you said come true at all. I was never a huge LeBron fan... just an occasional fan that enjoyed seeing him go off every now and then, but I enjoyed watching Kobe play a lot more... despite my hate for him playing on the Lakers.

I always had a gut feeling that LeBron wasn't the type of guy that wanted to win. He was all about the fame and face time in front of a camera. Whether that is true or not remains to be justified, but it sure seems like it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm
Lakers in a landslide! but that is RIGHT now.

I dont know how anyone could pick the Heat right now. They have 4 players on their roster. 4! on their entire roster! No matter how good three of them, you cant pick a team that cant even put 5 players on the court right now and with 3 guys we have no proof can play effetively together over the back to back champs who feature hands down the best top 6 in the league.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm
bada wrote:Lakers in a landslide! but that is RIGHT now.

I dont know how anyone could pick the Heat right now. They have 4 players on their roster. 4! on their entire roster! No matter how good three of them, you cant pick a team that cant even put 5 players on the court right now and with 3 guys we have no proof can play effetively together over the back to back champs who feature hands down the best top 6 in the league.

Uhm, I'll go ahead and pick them then? Lol, it's easy. Who are the top 10 players in the NBA? 3 of them are starting for the Heat right now. Pat Riley will have them looking like the dream team.

I respect that he wanted to go to Miami [and once he is the leader of the team, ppl will stop this mumbo jumbo about he's not a leader] ... but it woulda been so much better to see him go to the Bulls. His team, a new rivalry born [Heat/Bulls], more competition, and the chase for 7 rings.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum