The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 pm
Come on, he not only dumped the Cavs and his hometown, but he did it in the tasteless possible way. I've got no problem with him going to Miami (although everything said about tarnishing his legacy is true), but to go on national TV to just announce he was leaving Cleveland...

He deserves all the hate he's gonna get. His first game back in Ohio is gonna be interesting...

One thing's for certain, Miamia has had the best offseason any franchise ever had in the NBA. But, at the same time, everybody will be rooting against them, precisely because of Lebron.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 pm
This is the Cavs' owner open letter:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

If I were a Cavs fan, I'd love his reaction.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 pm
that is the most childish and inappropriate letter. he should be ashamed of himself for crying like a little baby.

disloyal?
cowardly betryal?

REALLY??? What exactly did he owe you Mr Gilbert? He played out his contract and earned the right to seek the employer of his choice. You lost. Get over it. To blast a guy like that is such a cheap shot that certainly will make other players take pause before playing for him.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 pm
bada wrote:that is the most childish and inappropriate letter. he should be ashamed of himself for crying like a little baby.

disloyal?
cowardly betryal?

REALLY??? What exactly did he owe you Mr Gilbert? He played out his contract and earned the right to seek the employer of his choice. You lost. Get over it. To blast a guy like that is such a cheap shot that certainly will make other players take pause before playing for him.

Although I completely agree with you (the letter is inappropriate for an owner to say...prolly will be heavily fined), i think TMC hit it in the Nail. Cleveland Fans will probably appreciate Gilbert's reaction.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:50 pm
yes, cleveland fans are hurting I am sure it will help a bit to see that their owner is also hurt but for f sake... you are a LEADER. Act like one!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 pm
In addition to the open letter, there is an AP article that heavily quotes Gilbert... he is quoted, "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."- Gilbert... He also talks about LeBron quitting constantly during the playoffs. Man, this is some good drama.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 am
Yeah and that Spears guy was on KNBR talking to F.P. this evening and he was saying that there were things about LeBron that he couldn't even repeat on the radio. He sounded pretty disgusted. The only thing that Spears would say was that LeBron or somebody in his entourage had more or less given the Cavaliers a guarantee. But he also hinted that this particular tidbit was only the tip of the iceberg.

I can't say that I am impressed by LeBron, but I am also not disappointed because I never liked him before and I always got the impression that he was like this. He has always seemed like a me-first kind of guy, both on the court and off. All of this shameless self-promotion has only made me hate him more.

Should be fun to root against the Heat, and I still don't think they can beat the Lakers.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 am
wow. the OWNER actually wrote that? I don't know if I can believe that... I think it might have been forged or something. that's some childish ass **** if it's true...

and man, I'm so happy I'm not in Cleveland. shitty weather, cursed teams... at least the weather is nice in Oakland lol. Maybe they'll blow the team up and we can get a trade partner for andris?

Oh and go LeBron... get that paper son!

who gives a **** what anyone thinks, it's his choice and it's not like he's riding someones coat-tails or something... the guy lives up to the hype, plain and simple. if he wants to win a championship and he's a free agent, he has the right to do that. they had seven years to win it all in Cleve...

... I'm just happy there's a team that can finally hand it to the lakers.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 am
I was listening to KHTK 1140 and whoever the host was hit it it on the nail. He basically said what TMC said... to go on national television, babble for an hour only to at the end of the hour... say he's leaving Cleveland. Was it really necessary to go on ESPN and do that? Was it really necessary for both ESPN and LeBron to turn this into a reality show? It's like watching someone get slapped in the face on national television.

NO ONE cares where LeBron goes. They just wanna know. They don't need LeBron rambling on for an hour keeping people waiting. Just say it. If you're leaving Cleveland, do it. If you're not, then don't. Don't make this into some type of reality show. No one found it entertaining.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 am
What Dan Gilbert wrote was inappropriate, but the fact of the matter is, silly as it may be, LeBron did hurt a lot of people, and for what? So he could win a championship, supposedly?

It is what it is. LeBron ditched his hometown and people are going to hate his ass for it.

I was going to hate his ass whether or not he left. He's an ultra-egotistical blowhard who actually held a show called "The Decision," to announce what team he was going to ::lol:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:56 am
Chum wrote:I was going to hate his ass whether or not he left. He's an ultra-egotistical blowhard who actually held a show called "The Decision," to announce what team he was going to ::lol:

I think we all need to realize how ridiculous that last part actually is. Stern will let LeBron get away with anything. ANYTHING.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:01 am
Now reports have come out that the Heat have traded Michael Beasley to the Wolves for a second round pick and that Miami will also be signing Mike Miller.

So now the team is LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Miller....?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 am
maybe if they'd put a decent team around him, he would've stayed

Shag
Jamison
Mo Williams?

desperation moves(yes i know Mo was an all star but ive never rated him)

"Ok so i can stay, and play with Tawn, Krusty the clown and Mother Humper #1, or leave and play with Flash, and the Predator......oh gee, hmmmmmmmm"
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:37 am
Quazza wrote:maybe if they'd put a decent team around him, he would've stayed

Shag
Jamison
Mo Williams?

desperation moves(yes i know Mo was an all star but ive never rated him)

"Ok so i can stay, and play with Tawn, Krusty the clown and Mother Humper #1, or leave and play with Flash, and the Predator......oh gee, hmmmmmmmm"

lol @ Mother Humper! The real reason he left town?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:01 am
LeJoke can't be good for the NBA, but as long as Stern manipulates his toy franchises and refs for better ratings, we will have a lot of future broke NBAers like Sprew, AI wondering were it all went wrong. As much as I dislike the Fakers Kobe, the guy took it to heart when Shaq won a Kobeless title ... worked harder, got the Gasoft (most one sided and manipulated trade in NBA history) Stern approved gift, and became a better team-mate.
So far the King has shown little more than to be Le-Choke, Le-Joke, Le-Benedict ... Miami better be Wade's team or Le-Chump will take another early exit in the playoffs. Sure the Fakers have a loaded roster, but a fortunate Perkins injury in game 6 and 40 4th quarter foul call in game 7 ... sure put them over the top.
The NBA does not have a King, but we sure have a Queen of Heartless (off with his head ..sorry Mike Brown, sorry Danny Ferry, sorry Mo Williams) and until he can show (a Kobe-like game 7 meltdown ...he, he) actual win a championship with Stern corrupt refs in cohoots ... haters should refer to the player formerly known as the King as Le-Chump.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum