*Warriors Salary and Cap Space Thread*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm
updated the Salary cap situation on the second post of this thread.... (go back to page one dummy!)
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm
umm, is that REALLY necessary First Off????? having two is just going to add confusion and it unecessary.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm
1st post updated with trade. Lee's deal is an estimate based on 8% max raises, although since it was a sign and trade and NY had his bird rights, he might be allowed 10.5% raises. Will update when deal is known.
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 pm
bada wrote:1st post updated with trade. Lee's deal is an estimate based on 8% max raises, although since it was a sign and trade and NY had his bird rights, he might be allowed 10.5% raises. Will update when deal is known.

now that's what it's suppose to look like... again bada, thanks a bunch... i knew 16 mil across the board was way off, but thanks for trying though first off
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm
8th ave wrote:
bada wrote:1st post updated with trade. Lee's deal is an estimate based on 8% max raises, although since it was a sign and trade and NY had his bird rights, he might be allowed 10.5% raises. Will update when deal is known.

now that's what it's suppose to look like... again bada, thanks a bunch... i knew 16 mil across the board was way off, but thanks for trying though first off

tks but keep in mind that mine is really just a guess but based on the known total contract value and what the max raises are. He COULD have received a more flat structure but based on the salaries they gave up and where they were against the cap, my guess is the contract accelerates. But again... just a GUESS
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 pm
if it was 13 mil across the board then there would be contractual issue because KA, RT, and AR's contracts wouldn't be within 25% of David Lee's...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 pm
8th ave wrote:if it was 13 mil across the board then there would be contractual issue because KA, RT, and AR's contracts wouldn't be within 25% of David Lee's...

yup, that was my thinking as well
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:23 am
bada wrote:
8th ave wrote:if it was 13 mil across the board then there would be contractual issue because KA, RT, and AR's contracts wouldn't be within 25% of David Lee's...

yup, that was my thinking as well

I'll take it down
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:31 am
Interesting question, I'm not sure how the second round draft pick effects the equation. But I heard t last night RT, AT, and KA, add up to 9.2 million. Which I assume would mean a maximum starting first year salary of 11.5 million??
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:00 pm
War Years wrote:Interesting question, I'm not sure how the second round draft pick effects the equation. But I heard t last night RT, AT, and KA, add up to 9.2 million. Which I assume would mean a maximum starting first year salary of 11.5 million??

I assumed we are absorbing the extra money that our 3 players make up, ie: we have just asborbed the difference between ours 3's total and the extra that Lee has signed for...............with the small cap room we have/had............so the Knicks would have a little exception for that and we just eat it up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm
War Years wrote:Interesting question, I'm not sure how the second round draft pick effects the equation. But I heard t last night RT, AT, and KA, add up to 9.2 million. Which I assume would mean a maximum starting first year salary of 11.5 million??

I think Lee will be getting a first year salary a bit under that.
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:25 pm
hey buddies....i have question about bonus in the contract....

is Bonus still consider salary and need to count as a salary cap?

for example...Monta earn 11 millions/year....and side bonus in the contract is if he can put up 1000 points in one season he will get extra money "Bonus" 5 million or something....so in this case, if that bonus consider the player salary or u dont have to count it as a salary cap....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 pm
GSW United wrote:hey buddies....i have question about bonus in the contract....

is Bonus still consider salary and need to count as a salary cap?

for example...Monta earn 11 millions/year....and side bonus in the contract is if he can put up 1000 points in one season he will get extra money "Bonus" 5 million or something....so in this case, if that bonus consider the player salary or u dont have to count it as a salary cap....

Incentive bonuses DO count against the cap if they are deemed "likely to be achieved". If it is NOT likely to be achieved then it does not. They base how likely it is based on whether the player achieved it in the previous year. Since he scored 1600pts last year, a bonus like you listed WOULD be counted to the cap and added on to his $11mil salary.
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 pm
thx for the info...

but, i think there is a way to avoid salary cap....
like working side job in the facility...
example monta agree to get 5 millions salary as a players and then everyday he come and do some little things in the facility like "wash dishes" and W's pay him 10 millions for that...so tottally he get from W's is 15 millions but because as a player he only get 5 millions so it only count 5 millions salary cap...right
and the 10 millions is a worker pay....it just a way to avoid salary cap...hehehehehe
is that possible
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:29 am
GSW United wrote:thx for the info...

but, i think there is a way to avoid salary cap....
like working side job in the facility...
example monta agree to get 5 millions salary as a players and then everyday he come and do some little things in the facility like "wash dishes" and W's pay him 10 millions for that...so tottally he get from W's is 15 millions but because as a player he only get 5 millions so it only count 5 millions salary cap...right
and the 10 millions is a worker pay....it just a way to avoid salary cap...hehehehehe
is that possible

lol. no, none of this is possible. Or at least should I say allowed. Certainly you can try to pay someone under the table but if you get caught then you get Stern's hammer!

Return to Warriors Basketball