The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am
Spain looks pissed off during the opening ceremonies... like they already smell blood...

without Mueller... it will be tough for Germany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:I thought you were not watching anymore TMC

I am not watching. I saw the highlights of yesterday's game while I had breakfast, but that's it. :wink:

STAY STRONG MY FRIEND!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:39 am
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:I thought you were not watching anymore TMC

I am not watching. I saw the highlights of yesterday's game while I had breakfast, but that's it. :wink:

STAY STRONG MY FRIEND!

:mrgreen:

Definitely. Although the world has stopped around here. There's nobody on the street, no noise at all... I think people ain't even breathing...

I do, btw... :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am
C'mon Spain...only team I'm okay-ish with left in the tourney
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:19 pm
pretty lifeless first half if you ask me.
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 pm
Guess we've won, because my neighbor is gonna have to pay me a new wall... :mrgreen:

That... or I've got a german neighbor... :?

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:31 pm
Man, what a win. Spain had total control of the game, and eventually scored. I knew after the 10th minute this game was ours, just a matter of time we scored. Great game by España!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:02 pm
Pedro proved that he's one of the most selfish players, when he didn't want to pass the ball to wide open Torres, who could hace easily scored from the position he was in.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 pm
xbay wrote:SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN!

Torres still doesn't look 100%. If he ever gets up to speed, then you'll finally have to worry him while still worrying about Villa.

I really like Spain after today. They just need to get healthy, like TMC said.

Portugal was a disgrace and that game looked like Spain should have won 5-0. Portuguese goalkeeper Eduardo is a a champion and was amazing.

After all that's happened, Holland v Spain was a dream matchup for me in the fact that to my knowledge, both have not gone far at all in world cups, at least not in a long long time. Well done both teams, well done Spain knocking off the mighty Germans that looked like they were going to rampage through everyone after that Argentina game.

I pick Holland, but could go either way

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:15 pm
Guybrush wrote:Pedro proved that he's one of the most selfish players, when he didn't want to pass the ball to wide open Torres, who could hace easily scored from the position he was in.

Pedro was an idiot. That was the most selfish play I've seen in this world cup. At least give Torres a chance to ruin it.

Hey TMC, I've decided to sign up for Refereeing classes (they start in 45 minutes, actually). It's only a two week course (its free, and they give me a referee jersey). After this atrocious refereeing this world cup, I've decided that they need someone to do it right. Technically, I am gonna be a level 8 (level 1 is international), so I am on my way to stardom! ::lol:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm
Well like I said (I did preface it with "if" but didn't want to jinx spain), Spain's formation with 5 quality midfielders would handle the Mueller-less German midfield and their possession dominance would frustrate the Germans forcing their chances, which the Spanish midfield intercepted (although Spain did a much better job of stifling this quickly than I thought they would). Xavi had an excellent game, making passes, getting to loose balls and intercepting some passes. And that dime he delivered to Puyol was awesome. All of Spain's defense was pretty good today.

Pedro offered a nice spark, but was selfish at times, and it's obvious he thinks he's a bit better than he is. Torres was WIDE open. Compare that to when Torres was faced with a similar situation minutes later and made the pass. That kind of play could mean the difference between being World Cup Champions and going home with the bitter taste of defeat. I hope Del Bosque goes with some more experience in the finals and puts in Fabregas or even Torres who could be very valuable in a wide open game where he receives the ball with space like today when Germany attacked. I think Netherlands will have to try to attack Spain more than other opponents have in this World Cup, and Torres hadn't scored a goal in the Euros going into the finals. Maybe a repeat of history this Sunday.
Get Money. Get Paid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Well like I said (I did preface it with "if" but didn't want to jinx spain), Spain's formation with 5 quality midfielders would handle the Mueller-less German midfield and their possession dominance would frustrate the Germans forcing their chances, which the Spanish midfield intercepted (although Spain did a much better job of stifling this quickly than I thought they would). Xavi had an excellent game, making passes, getting to loose balls and intercepting some passes. And that dime he delivered to Puyol was awesome. All of Spain's defense was pretty good today.

Pedro offered a nice spark, but was selfish at times, and it's obvious he thinks he's a bit better than he is. Torres was WIDE open. Compare that to when Torres was faced with a similar situation minutes later and made the pass. That kind of play could mean the difference between being World Cup Champions and going home with the bitter taste of defeat. I hope Del Bosque goes with some more experience in the finals and puts in Fabregas or even Torres who could be very valuable in a wide open game where he receives the ball with space like today when Germany attacked. I think Netherlands will have to try to attack Spain more than other opponents have in this World Cup, and Torres hadn't scored a goal in the Euros going into the finals. Maybe a repeat of history this Sunday.

I wouldn't even mind David Silva starting for Torres if Fabregas is still hurt. Or Llorente. Sorry, but Pedro just became my least favorite player in Spain. i do not want him playing tomorrow.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Pedro proved that he's one of the most selfish players, when he didn't want to pass the ball to wide open Torres, who could hace easily scored from the position he was in.

Pedro was an idiot. That was the most selfish play I've seen in this world cup. At least give Torres a chance to ruin it.

Don't know what play you're talking about, but Pedro is one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.

People is amazed he's scored in every single competition he's played (except the world cup, so far)... but come on!!! He always ends each play, by shooting or losing the ball... :banghead:

Mr. Crackerz wrote:Hey TMC, I've decided to sign up for Refereeing classes (they start in 45 minutes, actually). It's only a two week course (its free, and they give me a referee jersey). After this atrocious refereeing this world cup, I've decided that they need someone to do it right. Technically, I am gonna be a level 8 (level 1 is international), so I am on my way to stardom! ::lol:

How cool is that?. Good luck, Mr. C. You're gonna need it... :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Don't know what play you're talking about, but Pedro is one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.

People is amazed he's scored in every single competition he's played (except the world cup, so far)... but come on!!! He always ends each play, by shooting or losing the ball... :banghead:

It was 2 on 1. All Pedro had to do was pass it to Torres and it would of been Torres vs Neuer. But it seemed he got too excited with the possibility of scoring a goal, he only thought of himself scoring it instead of passing it off to a wide open Torres.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:45 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Mr. Crackerz wrote:Hey TMC, I've decided to sign up for Refereeing classes (they start in 45 minutes, actually). It's only a two week course (its free, and they give me a referee jersey). After this atrocious refereeing this world cup, I've decided that they need someone to do it right. Technically, I am gonna be a level 8 (level 1 is international), so I am on my way to stardom! ::lol:

How cool is that?. Good luck, Mr. C. You're gonna need it... :wink:

yeah xbay did a good job in explaining it. Its stuff like that which shouldn't happen in a professional level.

The refereeing thing is so boring. Just someone explaining the "Laws" of the game. Pretty easy. I want to just hurry up and take the darn test they give next week now, but i guess U.S. Soccer (which is administering this test) makes you suffer the entire 16 hours.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board