GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am
granted I have not paid super close attention about this thread but have we even solidified all the rules... seems like there is a lot of discussion about keepers, trades, etc. I want to avoid last year where it seemed like rules were changing mid-stream.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 am
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:It looks like everyone is down... except bada, who wants to start in a couple weeks (cmon bada, lets start this thing.)


well go ahead and start your picks if you wish, but I pick 3rd and I will not be picking for at LEAST a week.


Why?

Just leave your big board with someone else. You're either taking MJD or Ray Rice most likely since it's CJ/AD as 1A and 1B...so just tell us who you prefer
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am
well, mainly because we ALL agreed to not start until after the world cup so I have not even started forming my draft strategy. Heck, I just found out that I have the 3rd pick. Now I need to form my strategy based on that slot (and no, I am not talking about who to take at #3... that will be my easiest decision of the draft).

Also, I want to make sure everyone is clear on the rules as last year was a bit of a cluster f*ck with lots of confusion and changing rules mid-stream.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 am
bada wrote:well, mainly because we ALL agreed to not start until after the world cup so I have not even started forming my draft strategy. Heck, I just found out that I have the 3rd pick. Now I need to form my strategy based on that slot (and no, I am not talking about who to take at #3... that will be my easiest decision of the draft).

Also, I want to make sure everyone is clear on the rules as last year was a bit of a cluster f*ck with lots of confusion and changing rules mid-stream.


So like...

- do we get unlimited time to make our picks?
- do we make our picks on this forum and PAWNO enters them at the Yahoo site, or do we do we make our picks at the Yahoo site?
- what are all the rules on trades exactly?
- if someone leaves the keeper league and a new person joins do they get 1st pick in the next draft, or what?
- do you have to keep every spot on your roster filled at all times?
- what does "BN" stand for in regards to the roster positions?
- can you drop a player one week and pick them up the following week if nobody else already has?
- if two, or more, of the managers are "emotionally" involved with each other are we still allowed to tell gay jokes?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 am
First, I think I agree with Bada and we should wait a couple of weeks. Or, at least, one more week before starting.

We have some things to consider first, like solving a lot of doubts and some other issues before. We'll have ample time to do the drafting, so I guess we can let it wait for one or two more weeks (not more, tho).

Chum wrote:So like...

- do we get unlimited time to make our picks?


No. I can't remember what we did the other time, but it's probably a 24 hours (even less if needed) time limit. If you can't make it, you can also send a shortlist of guys (in the right order) and the commish or the person you sent that list to will make the pick for you.

We can discuss this rule a bit, particularly the time you have to make the pick, but it's gonna be something like that.

Chum wrote:- do we make our picks on this forum and PAWNO enters them at the Yahoo site, or do we do we make our picks at the Yahoo site?


Yes, we post the picks here, and once the draft is over, Pawno will enter those picks on the yahoo site.

Another rule is that it's forbidden to talk about undrafted players, although there's nothing wrong with commenting a pick (not to the point of hijacking the thread, obviously)

Chum wrote:- what are all the rules on trades exactly?



Well, it's basically common sense above anything else. Regular trades only matter the players involved. But, in case one trade is so lopsided that everybody considers it benefits only one player, that it's a scam or anything like that, there's a veto power that will be decided by majority voting.

Chum wrote:- if someone leaves the keeper league and a new person joins do they get 1st pick in the next draft, or what?


Didn't really think about that option. It's possible that the new guy just inherits the team from the one that leave's, including it's draft spot and right to keep two players. That would be the easiest answer.

Open to discussion, in any case...

Chum wrote:- do you have to keep every spot on your roster filled at all times?


At least the starters. Other than that, it's up to you... :wink:

Chum wrote:- what does "BN" stand for in regards to the roster positions?


Bench players.

Chum wrote:- can you drop a player one week and pick them up the following week if nobody else already has?


There's a waiver time period in which you can't claim them. If nobody has picked them after that, yes, you're free to claim them again.

Chum wrote:- if two, or more, of the managers are "emotionally" involved with each other are we still allowed to tell gay jokes?


I guess you're asking about JOEL and Pawno... so... yeah. Absolutely. Actually, you'll lose your right to keep players from one season to the next if you don't post a gay joke during the course of the season. :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:16 am
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:well, mainly because we ALL agreed to not start until after the world cup so I have not even started forming my draft strategy. Heck, I just found out that I have the 3rd pick. Now I need to form my strategy based on that slot (and no, I am not talking about who to take at #3... that will be my easiest decision of the draft).

Also, I want to make sure everyone is clear on the rules as last year was a bit of a cluster f*ck with lots of confusion and changing rules mid-stream.


So like...

1. do we get unlimited time to make our picks?
2. do we make our picks on this forum and PAWNO enters them at the Yahoo site, or do we do we make our picks at the Yahoo site?
3. what are all the rules on trades exactly?
4. if someone leaves the keeper league and a new person joins do they get 1st pick in the next draft, or what?
5. do you have to keep every spot on your roster filled at all times?
6. what does "BN" stand for in regards to the roster positions?
7. can you drop a player one week and pick them up the following week if nobody else already has?
8. if two, or more, of the managers are "emotionally" involved with each other are we still allowed to tell gay jokes?


1. time is usually no more than 24 hours (if i can recall), so if you cannot pick within the 24 hours, the pick is done for you. However, if you know you will be gone ahead of time, you can tell someone to pick for with the pick you want (or give someone your number and text them your pick).
2. The picks are entered after the draft is completed on yahoo
3. No rules on trades, just dont be a douche and ruin it for everyone (i.e. no ridiculus trades).
4. I have no clue, ask pawno. I would assume not, as the draft should be random. But the new person would have an additional 1st and 2nd round pick in the end of each round (last pick on each round).
5. No, but it usually helps. However, you don't have to draft every position now (as I caused a debate last year when i refused to draft a kicker)
6. BN is Bench
7. Yes
8. Thats a question you need to ask TMC !

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am
Damn, you beat me to responding to chums post TMC... oh well, they are identically written more or less.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Damn, you beat me to responding to chums post TMC... oh well, they are identically written more or less.


Great minds think alike, mate. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 am
Thanks for the answers to those questions TMC, Crackerz etc.

One more question I forgot to ask... Can we trade draft picks? If we can I'm open to any trade offers in any round.

Regardless of the answer to that question I'm ready to start when everyone else is. If it's 24 hours between picks I'd rather get started sooner than later. C'mon bada, let's break up the monotony. I'm tired of arguing about what player the Warriors will draft. Obviously they'll keep ****ing things up until the new FO enters the scene, and who knows when that will be.

btw I haven't been in a Fantasy Football League, or any fantasy league in about 8 years. I don't want to do too much research, I'll do a little I'm sure, but you can all count on me to make really stupid choices :)


Let's get this **** started!!!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 am
Chum wrote:One more question I forgot to ask... Can we trade draft picks? If we can I'm open to any trade offers in any round.


Well... we never allowed trading of draft picks. So, if we're going to allow that right now, I think we should set up a few clear rules regarding such trades, like if it's allowed to trade picks for future seasons, or if we're gonna use a value system for each draft pick or the like.


My personal opinion is that I'd go on without allowing such trades. Everybody has their picks and the trades have to involve players. It's not realistic, but it's a lot easier to handle.

But, if everybody wants to trade picks, I can live with that as well.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 am
I think we should stay away from the trading draft picks part right now ... Only adds a ton of confusion to the whole shabangabang that we don't really need..
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm
4. I have no clue, ask pawno. I would assume not, as the draft should be random. But the new person would have an additional 1st and 2nd round pick in the end of each round (last pick on each round)

If a team leaves then it should be very easy to replace with our growing forum community.

What would happen is the new GM of that team will take over the team & its draft order (end of regular season rankings > end of postseason position) aka Wooden Spooner > Superbowl champ

You get 2 keep 2 players on the team, however if you choose to keep 1 or drop all then you will gain extra picks at the start of the draft reflective of everyone elses "KEEP 2 POLICY"

So say i finished Champion, TMC finished Middle of pack & Bada finished wooden spooner. Everyone decided to keep all players on there team except for

PAWNO decided to drop 2.
TMC decided to drop 1
&
Bada decided to drop 2.

The draftboard would look kind of like this

1-1.Bada
1-2.TMC
1-3.Pawno
2-1. Bada
2-2.Pawno.
3-1.Bada
?
?
?
?
3-6 TMC
?
?
?
?
?
?
3-12. Pawno
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I think we should stay away from the trading draft picks part right now ... Only adds a ton of confusion to the whole shabangabang that we don't really need..


I'm not keen on trading draft picks either... It's way to confusing.

Allthough i would be open the idea of trading Draft spots amongst players before this draft kicks off.

Whom knows TMC might not want to take Adrien Peterson or Chris Johnson at no.2 & feels he can get better value trading with Chum before the draft kicks off so he can target player X & player Y at draft spot 12&13.

But again that only complicates things.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:52 pm
PAWNO wrote:Whom knows TMC might not want to take Adrien Peterson or Chris Johnson at no.2


HA


Stop deluding yourself, mate. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:59 pm
well...i am agree with No draft pick trading coz can confuse a lot...

wonders if Pawno will pick Tim Tebow in his first round pick .... :mrgreen:
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron