GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 am
I think some good questions are being posed here. What if somebody's favorite team is the Detroit Lions and they think it's worth it to trade the Lions D for a healthy Drew Brees? Is this something that should be voted on or not?

I think voting can be problematic because people are going to assign a much greater value to certain players than others. For instance what if someone feels that the RB for the Lions (not even sure who that is, just using Lions players as an example of generally bad picks) is going to have a breakout season. They planned to draft the Lions RB thinking nobody else sees what they see in this Lion RB. They wait a little too long and somebody drafts the Lions RB before they get a chance to. NP the manager thinks, I'll just trade a player for him latter, that everyone thinks will be great but I think will go downhill this season ie Drew Brees.

Could we consider some hard and fast rules on trades? Perhaps no trades after a certain point in the season, maybe when the first team is locked into a playoff position? Also perhaps there should be a trade limit between teams ie only two trades between any two given managers each season?

These are just ideas. I remember several issues like these coming up in the past.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:57 am
First, there's already a timeline for trades in the season. I just can't remember when... but there's one. :wink:

As for voting... I'm talking about extreme cases, not just lopsided. If you tell me somebody is gonna trade... say, Chris Johnson for Drew Brees straight up, that's ok in my book. Ridiculous, if you ask me, but valid.

If the trade it's Chris Johnson for... Garrett Wolfe and Rashied Davis... that's a scam, and that's where the veto enters the picture.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm
TMC wrote:First, there's already a timeline for trades in the season. I just can't remember when... but there's one. :wink:

As for voting... I'm talking about extreme cases, not just lopsided. If you tell me somebody is gonna trade... say, Chris Johnson for Drew Brees straight up, that's ok in my book. Ridiculous, if you ask me, but valid.

If the trade it's Chris Johnson for... Garrett Wolfe and Rashied Davis... that's a scam, and that's where the veto enters the picture.

sounds like trade AP with JR...hihihhihihih

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 am
Can we start this already? This is gonna last at least a month (last time it was over 6 weeks.) I hope the sooner the better.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 am
I'm down.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:21 am
I'm ready. Sure will have people who want to wait. But i can smell training camp just around the corner.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:02 am
We said we'd start right after the World Cup, which would be next monday... but if everybody wants to start right away, I'm ok with that as well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 pm
lets start~!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm
SO , WE gonna start it up?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:31 pm
JOEL wrote:SO , WE gonna start it up?

in a couple of weeks.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:34 pm
bada wrote:
JOEL wrote:SO , WE gonna start it up?

in a couple of weeks.

yeah let me know ....i just got a text from pawno saying to start?
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 pm
SO FOR THE FIRST PIC OF THE 2010 DRAFT IF PIC..................................................................................
........................................................................................
........................................................................................
.......................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
..........................................................................................

I'm headed out on Wednesday for vacation I will leave my pic's with a trustworthy old soul :shock:
T.S. Eliot

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 pm
I'm keen if everyone else is.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:13 pm
It looks like everyone is down... except bada, who wants to start in a couple weeks (cmon bada, lets start this thing.)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:It looks like everyone is down... except bada, who wants to start in a couple weeks (cmon bada, lets start this thing.)

well go ahead and start your picks if you wish, but I pick 3rd and I will not be picking for at LEAST a week.

Return to Fantasy League Forum