What is Amare worth right now

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should the team look to get Amare and what should be offered

1. Yes, but the trade has to involve AB
43%
2. Yes, but Monta has to be the one to go
No votes
3. Yes, trade everyone except Curry
No votes
4. Yes, keep AR though, he'd be great next to Amare
29%
5. Yes, but he is not that good and not worth any of the current starters here
No votes
6. No, Amare is good, but not worth two of the starters on the team, lottery pick included
14%
7. No, Amare is fukall
No votes
8. Fuk off Nelson
14%

Total votes : 7

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:49 pm
We had a discussion on here more than once about Amare and getting him. Recently, he has been a monster and though I have a feeling that he just wants max money and then will coast for the rest of his career, being like a 20pts, 8rebs, 1blks, nothing special player, the thought of getting him still crosses my mind, at least right now :wink:

Amare is a free agent, as he will opt out, and likely he will look to get max money, preferably with a good team that can possibly win a championship. I do think he wants max money more than anything else and with Ellison, the big spender as everyone has said he is, likely buying the team, there is a better chance of at least paying big.

Likely it would have to be a sign and trade if the team was to get Amare. I would still get him, he has shown his worth recently, and I'd give AB and Monta for him, that's the biggest price I'd pay for him. Obviously they's have to throw in another player to make up the salary, but it is a good move getting Amare, as he is a star big after all, though not a big shotblocking one the last season or so, though he used to be a good shotblocker. I'd also give AB, BW and Azu or Morrow, or AB, salary fill player and the lottery pick.

What is everyone's thoughts on Amare, his worth and whether we should get him and what we should give for him. Maybe compare him to the other very good bigs in the nba right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:24 am
What's he worth?. A free agent contract. And it won't be with us.

First, I'm not a big fan of Amare. I think he's more flash than anything. That's not to say he's not a great player, but certainly not max contract great. I think he can be a great second weapon, but not a guy you want carrying your team. His rebounding and defense are not something you can be proud of, particularly his rebounding is pretty weak for a player his size and his physique.

Second, he's a free agent, so he's not worth anything. The only way to get him would be in a sign and trade, and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be interested in becoming a Warrior, particularly with all the options he'll have.

I think his best options are either coming back to Phoenix or signing with the Knicks. NY might lose the Lebron sweepstakes (probably) and Bosh and Amare might be their best options, and Amare had some of his best years playing for D'Antoni, so it makes a lot of sense for him to sign with the Knicks.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm
TMC wrote:What's he worth?. A free agent contract. And it won't be with us.

First, I'm not a big fan of Amare. I think he's more flash than anything. That's not to say he's not a great player, but certainly not max contract great. I think he can be a great second weapon, but not a guy you want carrying your team. His rebounding and defense are not something you can be proud of, particularly his rebounding is pretty weak for a player his size and his physique.

Second, he's a free agent, so he's not worth anything. The only way to get him would be in a sign and trade, and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be interested in becoming a Warrior, particularly with all the options he'll have.

I think his best options are either coming back to Phoenix or signing with the Knicks. NY might lose the Lebron sweepstakes (probably) and Bosh and Amare might be their best options, and Amare had some of his best years playing for D'Antoni, so it makes a lot of sense for him to sign with the Knicks.

Pretty much says it, also crummy attitude, doesn't want to be with us, I have a big fear of reinjury, wants a lot of money, which might be OK if our ducks all lined up in a row and Ellison quickly took contol of the team, wanted to spend whatever was necessary and wined and dined him out on the bay with his yacht. Hey it's not my money.
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:48 pm
Migs, you mentioned in another post that you saw Amare as a gold digger looking for the big contract before he slips back into mediocrity. That is exactly how I see him. Tremendous talent that won't be realized once he has his max contract. Let the Nets waste their money on him. We need to focus on getting someone like...

M.Gasol/Love/Lee/Bogut

...and no I didn't pick these guys because they are all white. Weird coincidence though. They are all good at rebounding and controlling the paint.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm
I've decided I can't stand him. Seems like a grade A wanker to me. And who has a fkn ' in their name. Dickhead
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 pm
Chum wrote:Migs, you mentioned in another post that you saw Amare as a gold digger looking for the big contract before he slips back into mediocrity. That is exactly how I see him. Tremendous talent that won't be realized once he has his max contract. Let the Nets waste their money on him. We need to focus on getting someone like...

M.Gasol/Love/Lee/Bogut

...and no I didn't pick these guys because they are all white. Weird coincidence though. They are all good at rebounding and controlling the paint.

Bogut is perhaps the biggest question mark right now after his injury, so I wouldn't even give a thought of him.

Amare is definately an attitude question mark, but the best out of all the mentioned big, to me at least, though he doesn't provide the rebounding and defnese like the rest, though he does more than Bosh and Boozer defensively, just not the other ones we've mentioned often

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 pm
Quazza wrote:I've decided I can't stand him. Seems like a grade A wanker to me. And who has a fkn ' in their name. Dickhead

lol!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 am
Chum wrote:
Quazza wrote:I've decided I can't stand him. Seems like a grade A wanker to me. And who has a fkn ' in their name. Dickhead

lol!

:mrgreen:

I just don't feel Amare is worth a max contract. I'm pretty sure he'll get one, but I don't think he's a max contract type player. He's an average rebounder for his size and a sometimes non-existent defender in the post. Honestly, his defense in the post is decent to bar none. I mean, if you pair him with the right center and point guard, he's pretty damn amazing.

His post moves are easy to defend if you just study his tendencies. He's a face up guy that doesn't have many moves.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:17 am
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:

lol!

I just don't feel Amare is worth a max contract. I'm pretty sure he'll get one, but I don't think he's a max contract type player. He's an average rebounder for his size and a sometimes non-existent defender in the post. Honestly, his defense in the post is decent to bar none. I mean, if you pair him with the right center and point guard, he's pretty damn amazing.

His post moves are easy to defend if you just study his tendencies. He's a face up guy that doesn't have many moves.

Yet he's been among the best PF/C for over six years

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:

lol!

I don't doubt him that. Though, I'm pretty sure playing alongside Steve Nash during those years helped his development a lot. Not to mention smart front office moves under the Colangelo era... you know, something our front office never got a clue on, but that's a whole different story. Sigh...

Anyways, yeah... playing next to Nash and being handled properly since being drafted contributed a lot to that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:28 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:

lol!

I don't doubt him that. Though, I'm pretty sure playing alongside Steve Nash during those years helped his development a lot. Not to mention smart front office moves under the Colangelo era... you know, something our front office never got a clue on, but that's a whole different story. Sigh...

Anyways, yeah... playing next to Nash and being handled properly since being drafted contributed a lot to that.

But if Curry is a real good PG, Amare might well keep going as he has been. I just think that if the possiblity is there and the team can't get any of the other mentioned bigs, it could still be a very good move getting Amare

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:44 am
Oh, regarding my previous post, I also can see Amare signing with Miami to play with Wade. Maybe even more likely than with the Knicks.

In any case, I think those are the only options he'll consider, Phoenix, NY and Miami... and probably not in that order.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 am
Amare still going strong. Really unbelievable how he seems to do whatever he wants out there, almost every game now. If it was assured that he would have that attiude all the time, I'd throw max money at him, he is still young after all. We do have that PG that could be that good and a keeper, so a feasible situation

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:12 pm
Amare is overated. He has a lot of wear and tear on him and he's not getting younger. Not only that but his play style relies on his atheltism and I seem him hitting that age soon where when he declines he's gonna drop far. He's like a Richard Jefferson.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm
I find it funny that Amar'e is about to sign with the Knicks, who have a whack roster and might get Ellis from us for a Monta/Amar'e pairing... But didn't want to come here for a Monta/Amar'e/CURRY and Randolph CORE.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades