GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 am
Time to rig the other leagues so I can get a 10th overall pick as well. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:15 pm
So the 2nd round flips the order right?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:23 pm
Chum wrote:So the 2nd round flips the order right?

yep, so you get first pick in the 2nd round
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:So the 2nd round flips the order right?

yep, so you get first pick in the 2nd round

I'm good with that then. It's been a long time since I participated in any fantasy leagues, but I always liked drafting late, and I'd prefer back to backs.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:08 pm
I just remembered why I quit doing fantasy sports all those years ago. Every season, in every type of league I've played in stupid trades were made. At some point sombody would convince sombody else that it was smart to trade Steve Young for a kicker (over the top example... but not too far off.)

Another problem would be manager A would be losing miserably all season long. Manager B would be going into the playoffs or championship or whatever. Manager A would trade all his good players to manager B just because he knew he wasn't going to win and he wanted to help out his buddy... or he wanted to screw over manager C who was also going to be in the playoffs.

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Will there be some kind of limit on trades, or some kind way to prevent silly/crappy/malicious type of trades?

I'm actually kinda excited about doing this keeper league, but I can see these trade scenarios ruining an otherwise fun season of football.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:17 pm
Chum wrote:I just remembered why I quit doing fantasy sports all those years ago. Every season, in every type of league I've played in stupid trades were made. At some point sombody would convince sombody else that it was smart to trade Steve Young for a kicker (over the top example... but not too far off.)

Another problem would be manager A would be losing miserably all season long. Manager B would be going into the playoffs or championship or whatever. Manager A would trade all his good players to manager B just because he knew he wasn't going to win and he wanted to help out his buddy... or he wanted to screw over manager C who was also going to be in the playoffs.

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Will there be some kind of limit on trades, or some kind way to prevent silly/crappy/malicious type of trades?

I'm actually kinda excited about doing this keeper league, but I can see these trade scenarios ruining an otherwise fun season of football.

Hopefully the keeper league rules prevent people blowing up there dynasties cause only a jackass would ruin his team for next year to help a mate this year.

But the keep 2 player rule does really help if someone decides to pull the plug one year and then we hunt down a replacement (it gives the new owner flexibility to keep 2 really good players on a team or gain extra draft picks by 'not keeping')

I don't know the settings, but i will definitely change the rules to "manager votes" as opposed to "commissioner decision" in regards to unfair trades. I myself have benefited from cunning trade strategies, but the fairest way in regards to shitty trades is to have a majority vote on the subject.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:24 pm
PAWNO wrote:
Chum wrote:I just remembered why I quit doing fantasy sports all those years ago. Every season, in every type of league I've played in stupid trades were made. At some point sombody would convince sombody else that it was smart to trade Steve Young for a kicker (over the top example... but not too far off.)

Hopefully the keeper league rules prevent people blowing up there dynasties cause only a jackass would ruin his team for next year to help a mate this year.

But the keep 2 player rule does really help if someone decides to pull the plug one year and then we hunt down a replacement (it gives the new owner flexibility to keep 2 really good players on a team or gain extra draft picks by 'not keeping')

I don't know the settings, but i will definitely change the rules to "manager votes" as opposed to "commissioner decision" in regards to unfair trades. I myself have benefited from cunning trade strategies, but the fairest way in regards to shitty trades is to have a majority vote on the subject.

I don't have a problem with trades in general. It's a fun aspect of fantasy sports. I also recognize that one person will almost always come out ahead of another in a trade. Rarely is there a trade that effects two teams equally.

I just remember flat out horrible trades that ruined the season. I was, unfortunately, someone who took advantage of others in many trades and really ruined the season for the rest of the league. I don't intend on doing that in this league, nor am I saying the people in this league would fall for stupid trades. I'm just pointing out a problem.

Perhaps a trade deadline and/or a trade limit would be beneficial? Just ideas.

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:29 pm
There's a way to get it so the commish would have to approve all trades ....

Just have it set as that, and once someone proposes a trade post it here ... and we'll discuss if it's legit or B.S

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:34 pm
we do trades through voter approval. Essentially this means all trades will pass unless it is preposterously unfair (like me trading LeBron to Pawno... which BTW, you owe me)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 pm
with the 5th pick....Just Win Baby trade up to no. 1 spot with JOEL....

Draft pick 5th + starbucks Frapuccino (Venti size) :mrgreen: for JOEL no. 1 pick.....how's that Joel...not bad hah... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:57 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:we do trades through voter approval. Essentially this means all trades will pass unless it is preposterously unfair (like me trading LeBron to Pawno... which BTW, you owe me)

Yeah, so far, we've solved it via voter approval, and it works just right.

In any case, we only should veto trades that are retarded/damaging to the whole league, like trade a top 10 pick for a guy that's on IR and things like that. If it's only a (slightly) lopsided deal, I don't think it's anybody's business, other than the members doing it... but it has to make some sense, like trading a far better player for another that fits a bigger need because of injuries, for example. I mean, as long as the trade makes some sense, I'm not vetoing anything...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:35 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:we do trades through voter approval. Essentially this means all trades will pass unless it is preposterously unfair (like me trading LeBron to Pawno... which BTW, you owe me)

In any case, we only should veto trades that are retarded/damaging to the whole league, like trade a top 10 pick for a guy that's on IR and things like that. If it's only a (slightly) lopsided deal, I don't think it's anybody's business, other than the members doing it... but it has to make some sense, like trading a far better player for another that fits a bigger need because of injuries, for example. I mean, as long as the trade makes some sense, I'm not vetoing anything...

Just curious on the situation "what happens if i've got Drew Brees & he has a season ending injury" & someone offers me say Darrius heyward Bey & Jason Campbell for the injured Drew Brees"

The issue with the keeper league is "what's fair?" my season maybe salvaged by this trade, but some people may question how i can trade League MVP for 2 guys who'll never see a probowl.

Normally in a regular season. I'd veto that straight up. But the strategy of the guy getting a healthy drew brees the following year kind of adds a bit of spice to "What is a fair trade?"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:

Just curious on the situation "what happens if i've got Drew Brees & he has a season ending injury" & someone offers me say Darrius heyward Bey & Jason Campbell for the injured Drew Brees"

The issue with the keeper league is "what's fair?" my season maybe salvaged by this trade, but some people may question how i can trade League MVP for 2 guys who'll never see a probowl.

Normally in a regular season. I'd veto that straight up. But the strategy of the guy getting a healthy drew brees the following year kind of adds a bit of spice to "What is a fair trade?"

That's a good example that should be decided by the votes of all members, I think.

I'd be leaning towards a veto of that trade, because, as you say, it's a decent QB and a terrible WR for a league MVP. But depends on the roster of the guy that's trading Brees away. If he has another healthy QB on its roster, I think it's clearly vetoable (yeah, yeah, not a word...). If not... it' gets tricky, because his season is over.

I'd probably vote to veto that trade, in any case... but I think it should be decided by votes of all members towards that veto.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 am
Ok bro. I'm down with players voting on all trades. It's only fair. The reason why i proposed that rule previously about season ending injury players being off limits until the end of season (& the player who owned his rights being able to select him) was due to the imbalance of trading a injured star for short term relief.

But i'm totally happy for keeping the injured players on the roster & if someone offers a trade to get a rehabing star for the following year then will cross that trade bridge when we come to it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:37 am
PAWNO wrote:
But i'm totally happy for keeping the injured players on the roster & if someone offers a trade to get a rehabing star for the following year then will cross that trade bridge when we come to it.

I don't see a problem with a trade like that, as long as it somewhat fair. I mean, sometimes big injuries don't allow a player to come back at the same level in just one year, or it may have lingering effects for the rest of his career and the like. And real franchises can trade those players, so there's no reason not to in our case.

Of course, as long as it's, as I said, somewhat balanced. Trading an injured star for a 5th WR and an average RB wouldn't qualify...
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum