The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 am
Quazza wrote:holy fkn ****. If you have 20 mins, watch this fight.

It's got to be close to the best Ive ever seen

Korean Zombie v Garcia

http://mmahits.com/fight-video/mma-vide ... sung-jung/

Ive heard about that korean zombie guy. He was at the Rampage vs Evans fight and when they pointed him out Joe Rogan couldnt stop gushing about how awesome he is. Ill have to check it out tomorrow.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:05 am
he just walks forward, non stop. Takes so much punishment it's insane. Can really fight though too
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 am
xbay wrote:Dana is all smiles right now. He's absolutely laughing still in his sleep. He wanted Fedor, but then refused to work with Fedor's demands so he backed off. He still wanted him, but then he later didn't. Said if he's not willing to fight the top in his division, then there's no point in signing him. Next thing you know... he's fighting an ex-UFC fighter who got cut and got beat by him. Any chance of Fedor coming to the UFC got erased. Plus, I doubt Dana cares at this point... the Heavyweight division is stacked.

That's too bad, though. I really wanted to see an Overeem/Fedor fight.

Fedor got spanked, well done Werdum and Fedor now has little bargaining power after such a performance. UFC doesn't need him anyway, making enough money with all the current fighters anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 am
Quazza wrote:he just walks forward, non stop. Takes so much punishment it's insane. Can really fight though too

This was a real entertaining one... at least, in my opinion. It's Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v29meWabRc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZATQO8c8A[/youtube]
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 am
I watched the Fedor/Werdum fight again. Fedor could of weathered the storm, he just missed an opportunity to do so. There was a part where Werdum lost control on his triangle with legs. He still had Fedor's arm, but all Fedor had to do was simply pull his arm out. But because he was so concentrated on trying to ground and pound on Fabricio, he let Werdum recover and re-lock the triangle. Thus, leading to the loss.

There's a video on YouTube that breaks down what happened. They basically say what I said, but in better terms.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:25 am
xbay wrote:I watched the Fedor/Werdum fight again. Fedor could of weathered the storm, he just missed an opportunity to do so. There was a part where Werdum lost control on his triangle with legs. He still had Fedor's arm, but all Fedor had to do was simply pull his arm out. But because he was so concentrated on trying to ground and pound on Fabricio, he let Werdum recover and re-lock the triangle. Thus, leading to the loss.

There's a video on YouTube that breaks down what happened. They basically say what I said, but in better terms.

And like I said, Fedor not making that retarded mistake = Werdum dead.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 am
Beast Mode wrote:
xbay wrote:I watched the Fedor/Werdum fight again. Fedor could of weathered the storm, he just missed an opportunity to do so. There was a part where Werdum lost control on his triangle with legs. He still had Fedor's arm, but all Fedor had to do was simply pull his arm out. But because he was so concentrated on trying to ground and pound on Fabricio, he let Werdum recover and re-lock the triangle. Thus, leading to the loss.

Fedor is the G.O.A.T. Werdum got lucky. There will be a rematch soon and Werdum will get slaughtered.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Fedor is the G.O.A.T. Werdum got lucky. There will be a rematch soon and Werdum will get slaughtered.

I just wish he'd sign with the UFC straight up instead of having all these... "Well, you have to.." things. Just sign and let's go.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:02 pm
i have akiyama > leben
George > the other guy

and i really dont care who wins the heavyweight championship fight... both these guys are monsters... BUT, i have brock winning by decision, OR carwin by knockout
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm
8th ave wrote:i have akiyama > leben
George > the other guy

and i really dont care who wins the heavyweight championship fight... both these guys are monsters... BUT, i have brock winning by decision, OR carwin by knockout

how are you watching it? did you buy the ppv?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:11 am
George > the other guy

Man, Leben is a beast. He fought like 2-3 weeks earlier and walks into this fight and just goes out with guns blazing. Both were completely tired, but it makes me wonder if Wanderlei Silva fought, how different would this fight have gone? I wanna see Chris fight someone forreal next. Test him... he's earned it.

Sotoropilous looked good against Pellengrino. Back and forth, but George did control most of the fight.

My friend said he had a dream last night of Lesnar winning by a choking submission in the second round. Ain't that some sh*t. Next up for Brock... Cain Velasquez. That should be interesting. I really like Cain, but I think Brock will take that one too.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 am
bada wrote:
George > the other guy

how are you watching it? did you buy the ppv?

friends bbq... i chipped in 13 bucks and some of my other friends covered the rest
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am
atdhe.net had the entire fight on for free.

lesnar has a steel chin. got my respect for surviving that first.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm
man, no one would have picked Lesnar winning by submission. And fk he took some punishment

I love Lesnar. Loud, arrogant, cocky and ginger. I can relate
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:35 pm
Beast Mode wrote:atdhe.net had the entire fight on for free.

lesnar has a steel chin. got my respect for surviving that first.

Watched the fight with my old man... Good night of fights... And Lesner got my respect after that fight... Like you said " steel chin "...

Cain is still my boy!
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board