best warrior's games to go to?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am
i would like to go to my first nba game this coming season and am looking for some input on what would be the best games attend - i.e. the warriors against a team you hate, against a team with players that you are a fan of, or against another team that you like?

I am interested in seeing them play against the Lakers because I hate them and seeing us beat them would be cool. Also, this is Phil Jackson's last year and it would be an opportunity to see a Kobe-Phil Jackson Lakers team before it ends.

I'd also like to see Lebron play, but are games against lower-caliber teams more exciting to go to since the game, on average, would be more competitive/closer?

(didn't know if this really belonged in the warriors board, so I made it here)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:05 am
Against the Lakers.

Although it would be nicer without so many bandwagoners on the stands... or so I've heard.

btw, welcome to the board, mate. :hello2:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am
I would advise against the Lakers. It can certainly be fun, but being that nearly half the fans will be Laker fans, it gets pretty annoying. Might be better of seeing a game filled with Warrior fans so the atmosphere is more PRO warriors.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:50 am
bada wrote:I would advise against the Lakers. It can certainly be fun, but being that nearly half the fans will be Laker fans, it gets pretty annoying. Might be better of seeing a game filled with Warrior fans so the atmosphere is more PRO warriors.

I disagree... makes it more fun when you can yell in their face that their teams getting served ... and if we're getting whooped, just start a fight.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 am
Beast Mode wrote:
bada wrote:I would advise against the Lakers. It can certainly be fun, but being that nearly half the fans will be Laker fans, it gets pretty annoying. Might be better of seeing a game filled with Warrior fans so the atmosphere is more PRO warriors.

I disagree... makes it more fun when you can yell in their face that their teams getting served ... and if we're getting whooped, just start a fight.

True. In games we win, I taunt them... "You lost to the Warriors... seriously? HAH!" In games we lose, I just say... "Typical Warriors. What did you guys expect?"
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:00 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

true, they are fun... but if this is the only game you have ever been to, might not be the best choice.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 pm
thanks for the advice and the welcome. I am leaning towards a lakers game. I attended a concert at Oracle earlier this year and they had Dippin' Dots. Does that mean they have Dippin' Dots at Warriors games? That would be awesome
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 pm
I'd say a Nuggets game. We had two Nuggets games this last season that seemed like we got screwed out of wins by bad calls. Both were close games. Billups always plays a little dirty so he is fun to hate. Finally Biedrins might get traded to the Nugs which would make for some interesting drama.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:01 pm
da1nonlyBAYCAT wrote:thanks for the advice and the welcome. I am leaning towards a lakers game. I attended a concert at Oracle earlier this year and they had Dippin' Dots. Does that mean they have Dippin' Dots at Warriors games? That would be awesome

Pretty sure they have a dippin dots stand at the game ... those things are delishhheeohhhsooo. Pretty much any game against a competitive team will be exciting... I love our fans, by far the best in the NBA... God bless our season ticket holders.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:15 pm
dude... go grab dip n dots at a store... don't go to no warriors games for ice cream
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 pm
Probably the games against the Lakers, but every game gotta be exciting. Except against the Wizards, trust me.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:27 am
Think I can weigh in on this one..............considering I select my games quite carefully when I make my 5000 mile prilgrimages.

First time I came in 2003 (Gilberts break out year) was to a Houston game...............as it was Yao's rookie year and I thought it would be a fun atmosphere.

It wasnt............the whole arena just over-run with bandwagoners..............no real atmosphere at all because they just cheered whatever the big man did (We lost too, so I wasnt happy).

Second time in 2005 (Year we got Baron), I saw 3 games in a row, the last 3 of the season.............Portland, Fakers and Utah.

The Portland game was fun, the little local rivalry and we always have fun games against Portland (even since theyve become alot better than us again).

The Fakers game................man, the most fun I have EVER had at a sporting event!

Yes the arena was full of Faker fans, mixed in everywhere so you couldnt escape the disgusting bastards..............but god damn it was great screaming at them and the banter was hillarious.

The best part was that we won the game too!!! and after the "BEAT LA" chant died down and we started to pull away..............I think I started a "LA BEAT" chant!............seemed like I was the first. :wink:

Anyway, I was going to say that a Fakers would not be best for your first experience of the Oracle, due to the fact that you wouldnt have the full compliment of Warrior fans there................but man, over the course of typing that description, Ive changed my mind.

Just be prepared to pay a hell of a lot more for tickets than ANY other game.

Utah game was fun because it was the last game of the season so had all that atmosphere and party'ish thing going on..............even though we didnt have a great year, getting Baron and playing so well once we got him made it quite optimistic..............players throwing all their shoes and shirts into the crowd and stuff.

So opening and closing nights are always going to be a good experience.

When I came last year..............we went to the New Jersey game! lol.............because I knew it would be dirt cheap and didnt want to line Cohans pockets anymore than I had too, and also it was about the only team I was sure we could beat. :mrgreen:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm
the ones in oakland
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:00 pm
thanks for the input, I will probably try to make a lakers game and a heat game if I can find affordable tickets.

Return to NBA Forum