GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:how about we keep it simple. you are able to keep 2 players that are on you roster when the season ends.


I'm in full support of this. Let's not complicate things too much. We keep the two players we want to keep, no matter if they were injured or not or if they're old or not... everybody's free to pick two guys from their roster, and that's it.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:how about we keep it simple. you are able to keep 2 players that are on you roster when the season ends.


I'm in full support of this. Let's not complicate things too much. We keep the two players we want to keep, no matter if they were injured or not or if they're old or not... everybody's free to pick two guys from their roster, and that's it.


I like this idea also.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5870
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm
Ok guys- well it sounds like u don't like my rule (which i'm perfectly ok with)

i just thought it would work well in the case of as someone mentioned 'what if DeAngelo Williams has a season ending injury' in most normal leagues. You would just drop him (& hope Jonathon Stewart) was available. But in this keeper draft format. Your forced to keep a roster Spot available for a superstar that gets injured.

It would definately make the league more interesting watching in the unfortunate event that a franchise player gets injured and how a manager juggles his roster. But i guess it's a sacrifice one must make in a season judging whether that manager has two guys on the roster better than the injured guy whom he would be keeping next season.

Ok so no worries on that rule. I'm happy to scrap it.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:08 pm
PAWNO wrote:Ok guys- well it sounds like u don't like my rule (which i'm perfectly ok with)

i just thought it would work well in the case of as someone mentioned 'what if DeAngelo Williams has a season ending injury' in most normal leagues. You would just drop him (& hope Jonathon Stewart) was available. But in this keeper draft format. Your forced to keep a roster Spot available for a superstar that gets injured.

It would definately make the league more interesting watching in the unfortunate event that a franchise player gets injured and how a manager juggles his roster. But i guess it's a sacrifice one must make in a season judging whether that manager has two guys on the roster better than the injured guy whom he would be keeping next season.

Ok so no worries on that rule. I'm happy to scrap it.


Well, the other system allows that as well, but it's up to each player to decide if they want to keep the injured player or not. I mean, if AP or Chris Johnson suffer a season-ending injury, chances are they won't be available anyway... but let the decision come from the player, not enforced.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 am
Hey guys

so Pawno asked me to run ya names through a randomizer for ya draft. Here's the results!


joel
tmc
Bada
beast mode
gsw united
Always Next
pawno
8th Ave
Crackerz
xbay
AussieBiedrins
chum




lol sorry Chum
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5870
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:14 am
Quazza wrote:Hey guys

so Pawno asked me to run ya names through a randomizer for ya draft. Here's the results!


joel
tmc
Bada
beast mode
gsw united
Always Next
pawno
8th Ave
Crackerz
xbay
AussieBiedrins
chum




lol sorry Chum


Thanks Quazza..

But Dang bro, this is the 3rd year in a row that JOELS got no.1 pick... I'm gonna have to look for a new avenue instead of www.random.org
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 am
PAWNO wrote:
Quazza wrote:Hey guys

so Pawno asked me to run ya names through a randomizer for ya draft. Here's the results!


joel
tmc
Bada
beast mode
gsw united
Always Next
pawno
8th Ave
Crackerz
xbay
AussieBiedrins
chum




lol sorry Chum


Thanks Quazza..

But Dang bro, this is the 3rd year in a row that JOELS got no.1 pick... I'm gonna have to look for a new avenue instead of www.random.org


CONSPIRACYYY!!! i woudl like to randomize the draft order... lol
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5870
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:26 am
guys... can i suggest now that you all know your pozis to go to the yahoo fantasy page and partake in a mock draft at your positon.

could help you target certain guys and build a draft strategy!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:12 am
4th position is perfecttttttttttttt
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:42 am
Do u want mr to do it through a different site then? Or leave as is?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5870
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:32 am
Quazza wrote:Do u want mr to do it through a different site then? Or leave as is?


cheers bro. It's all good. Just the 3 years in a row co-incidence factor is kind of spooky. It suits some. Not others. But by a neutral party generating it. It's the fairest possible way (no one can then accuse the commissioner of cheating 'which kind of ironically had i done it. Would of been suspect as 3 years running i've been staying at joels place in the bay area)

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 am
PAWNO wrote:
Quazza wrote:Do u want mr to do it through a different site then? Or leave as is?


cheers bro. It's all good. Just the 3 years in a row co-incidence factor is kind of spooky. It suits some. Not others. But by a neutral party generating it. It's the fairest possible way (no one can then accuse the commissioner of cheating 'which kind of ironically had i done it. Would of been suspect as 3 years running i've been staying at joels place in the bay area)



3 YEARS IN A ROW ,,,,,,THATS CRAZY ...as much as it is nice to have first spot....the deeper into the draft we go the less facvorable that #1spot is.
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 am
Ugh, this is like the first draft in forever i am placed in the later half of the draft. I am always around the 2nd-4th picks. 9th is new to me

Oh well,whoever i pick with the 9th, i wonder if TMC will declare "reach" once again, like last year when i chose Chris Johnson. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:00 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Oh well,whoever i pick with the 9th, i wonder if TMC will declare "reach" once again, like last year when i chose Chris Johnson. :wink:


I'm calling it right now, whoever you pick!!!! :mrgreen:



btw, this is the highest position I've picked in... well, ever. Payment is on its way, Quazz... :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:10 am
Not a fan of the first pick this year ... too much pressure on who to pick ... 4th spot is perfect for who I'm targeting ;}
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest