The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am
Beast Mode wrote:Ummm Bada, if you watched the Hawks games, you'd see how much Horford owes Josh Smith when it comes to defense. How many times does Josh have to come from nowhere to block a shot to save Horford who just got raped in the post? Josh is also an impact player, makes star type plays, game winning dunks n sh*t, Horford is a good guy to have, but there's guys who can put up his line all over the league. Josh Smith makes Horford better... can't say the same about Horford for Smith.

I will agree with some of that. Certainly Smith's ability to block shots on help defense helps everyone.

But Horford being raped in the post is going way to far. Hands down, without question, he is one of the best post defenders in the league. It just can not be argued.

But yes, Smith will be on the Sportscenter highlights... I get that. he easily jumps out at you as someone who is imensly talented. Horford you have to watch a bit closer (especially when you have 3 of the leagues biggest "chuckers" on one team with JJ, Smith, and Crawford). And when you do watch him closely, you realize how sound this guy is in EVERY aspect of being a 4/5.

Also, I guess I value HEART more than spectacular block and dunks. But that is just me.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:11 am
If Smith could develop a few post moves, he'd be one of the best players in the NBA ... And he's still only 24!

You're right, Horford plays his ass off and can consistently get you 13/10. If he was 3 inches taller he'd have been the 1st pick overall that season ... Wouldn't mind him playing C for us seeing as our PF will almost for sure be taller than him.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am
Beast Mode wrote:If Smith could develop a few post moves, he'd be one of the best players in the NBA ... And he's still only 24!

You're right, Horford plays his ass off and can consistently get you 13/10. If he was 3 inches taller he'd have been the 1st pick overall that season ... Wouldn't mind him playing C for us seeing as our PF will almost for sure be taller than him.

A Horford/Udoh/AR frontcourt would be sick.

Larry E. <clap clap> Make it so.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am
Beast Mode wrote:

he is so much more than that. I mean he was 14-10 last season playing along side 3 "chuckers". I my mind he is EASILY an 18-10 guy and could be a 20-10 rather comfortably. he just needs the opportunity.

If you look at his usage rate (this is the % of offensive possessions a player touches the ball) is was 17%. That is staggering low and why if you read any ATL papers why they ripped their coach and dont like Joe Johnson. All of them SCREAM to get Horford the ball more much like we did for Nellie to PLAY Randolph.

Here are the Centers that had a higher usage rate than Horford:

Kaman
Duncan
Jefferson
Howard
Lee
Lopez
Bogut
O'Neal
Bargnani
Hibbert
Okur
Bynam
Thompson
Hawes
Perkins
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 pm
Perkins?!!!

Thats ridiculous. I knew they under-utilized him and that Woodson was a tard, but I didn't know it was that bad. Does he not watch basketball? How have the last 20348 Nba Championships been won? Interior play.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 pm
picture is worth a thousand words

Here is a chart that shows Usage % going across the bottom, while Offensive Rating going up the top. You will see that no one in the entire league had a lower usage rate and higher offensive rating than Horford.

Conversely, nobody in the league had a HIGHER usage rate with as poor of offensive rating as monta ellis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:19 pm
I see a few circles higher than Horford :roll:

Where did you get that pic lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I see a few circles higher than Horford :roll:

yes, but the ones to the right have higher usage. the ones to the left are low minute players... color scheme is blue = low minutes all the way to red being high min guys.

An example is the guy in the far upper left (highest offensive rating with lowest usage is Jeff Pendergraph... who I have no idea who he is.

As a point of comparison, the guys right next to him that have a higher offensive rating but a higher usage rate (meaning they touch the ball more) is Marc Gasol and Robin Lopez. Good company!
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm

more importantly, whos the blue circle alll the way in the top left?

lol probabaly a guy who shot once, and made the shot.
~LilBallerx~

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:

more importantly, whos the blue circle alll the way in the top left?

lol probabaly a guy who shot once, and made the shot.

exactly right
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:30 pm
bada wrote:picture is worth a thousand words

Here is a chart that shows Usage % going across the bottom, while Offensive Rating going up the top. You will see that no one in the entire league had a lower usage rate and higher offensive rating than Horford.

Conversely, nobody in the league had a HIGHER usage rate with as poor of offensive rating as monta ellis

That looks like something you'd see after you ate some shrooms.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:picture is worth a thousand words

That looks like something you'd see after you ate some shrooms.

I thought it was a star map. The way from the Horford galaxy to the Monta Ellis cluster(f*ck). :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am
i guess i'd like to see him in chi town. wouldn't mind seeing him in miami w/ bosh and wade as was mentioned earlier. mostly, i just want to see him leave cleveland. i feel like in those 7 years they could have done more to get lebron a better supporting cast. :cry:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 pm
Reportedly, Lebron will announce his plans Thursday during an hour special on ESPN.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:08 pm
That would be f'ing sick
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum