The LeBron Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What city will land LeBron?

Cleveland Cavaliers
29%
New York Knicks
14%
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Chicago Bulls
14%
Miami Heat
43%
Other(please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 am
I know, you're all probably tired of all this LeBron talk. LeBron this, LeBron that... yeah yeah, enough already, just sign somewhere. Once LeBron falls... so do the rest of the dominoes. But before he signs, let's get some last minute predictions. Where does LeBron end up and why?

This is also a chance for you guys to tell everyone, "I told you so," once he signs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:37 am
bulls for me

no real reason. Just bored and wanted to post
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:10 am
Miami..

Let the Wade Bron Bosh era begin!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:03 am
Pworld wrote:Miami..

Let the Wade Bron Bosh era begin!

I think he stays in Ceveland but I want him to go to Miami. I can just imagine all the good hating I'll be doing :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:21 am
Cleveland is my choice. I think the only other team with a shot it Chicago. No way he goes to NY or NJ.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 am
He's strongly considering staying in Cleveland, and also Chicago... but I think he'll end up in Miami if Wade and Bosh are there. Seriously.

[hijack mode on]
btw, the Knicks have been preparing for this offseason for years... and may end up with... Joe Johnson, maybe????. Priceless... :mrgreen:

(btw, I think it's a pipe dream. Nice... but not possible. I think Amare or Boozer will sign there and they'll have a somewhat successful offseason)

[/hijack mode off]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:37 am
TMC wrote:He's strongly considering staying in Cleveland, and also Chicago... but I think he'll end up in Miami if Wade and Bosh are there. Seriously.

[hijack mode on]
btw, the Knicks have been preparing for this offseason for years... and may end up with... Joe Johnson, maybe????. Priceless... :mrgreen:

(btw, I think it's a pipe dream. Nice... but not possible. I think Amare or Boozer will sign there and they'll have a somewhat successful offseason)

[/hijack mode off]

Joe Johnson is staying in ATL. They offered him a 6 year max deal. Have no idea what they are thinking. but I like it because that deal can only increase our miniscule chances at getting Horford at some point down the road. Horford is a pipe dream that I refuse to let go!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 am
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:He's strongly considering staying in Cleveland, and also Chicago... but I think he'll end up in Miami if Wade and Bosh are there. Seriously.

[hijack mode on]

[/hijack mode off]

Joe Johnson is staying in ATL. They offered him a 6 year max deal. Have no idea what they are thinking. but I like it because that deal can only increase our miniscule chances at getting Horford at some point down the road. Horford is a pipe dream that I refuse to let go!

Didn't know about that. A 6 YEARS MAX DEAL!!!!!

Ok, Atlanta's doomed... Count me in for getting Horford somehow, Bada. I'd LOVE to have him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

[hijack mode on]

[/hijack mode off]

Didn't know about that. A 6 YEARS MAX DEAL!!!!!

Ok, Atlanta's doomed... Count me in for getting Horford somehow, Bada. I'd LOVE to have him.

$119 million for a guy who kills ball movement and completely quit on his team. BRILLIANT!!! Makes Riley and Rowell look competant.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 am
Josh Smith > Al Horford
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 am
Beast Mode wrote:Josh Smith > Al Horford

not a chance
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 am
bada wrote:

not a chance

Al Horford > 5 Josh Smith :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am
bada wrote:

not a chance

And I should qualify this a bit more... I think it depends on what you value and are looking for.

Smith is a fantastic player and if you are looking for a dynamic, explose, and exciting player... Smith > Horford.

But Horford, while not flashy, does everything that you would want from a C/PF. He really has NO weakness. Other than post defense, he probably is not GREAT at anything, but he can score with effeciency both from the post and mid-range, he is a great passer for a big man, shoots a good FT %, good rebounder, good shot blocker, and is one of the top 3 interior defenders in the league. In fact he led the league last season in fewest points allowed per post possession. Better than Howard... better than anyone.

But more importantly, he ALWAYS plays hard and NEVER gives up on his team unlike Johnson and Smith. Both of those guys completely quit on their team when the chips were down in the playoffs. Tells me a lot about character. Very easy to play hard when things are going right, but I look at what guys are made of when things are going rough.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:17 am
yep, as warrior fans, we need to root for the existence of incompetent teams. Glad to see Joe Johnson to be offered a 6 year, Max deal. He was awful in the playoffs (deer in headlights). Don't get the offer and don't care. Hope he likes Hotlanta.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:23 am
Ummm Bada, if you watched the Hawks games, you'd see how much Horford owes Josh Smith when it comes to defense. How many times does Josh have to come from nowhere to block a shot to save Horford who just got raped in the post? Josh is also an impact player, makes star type plays, game winning dunks n sh*t, Horford is a good guy to have, but there's guys who can put up his line all over the league. Josh Smith makes Horford better... can't say the same about Horford for Smith.
Next

Return to NBA Forum