*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Oh, now it all makes sense. You're a LeBron hater :) Lol @ expecting him to win a championship without another great player or a great cast of teammates [Pistons] .... or a great coach [did you forget that guy by the name of Phil Jackson? Yeah... he helps sometimes] ...

People have unrealistic expectations of LeBron... even when his teammates missed EVERY shot in the playoffs it was still all his fault. He can't have ONE off night, ever. It's LeBron. He's the new guy we hold to ridiculous standards.

And this Miami merge would be sick. Every Miami game would be on ESPN.

Beast I'd have no problem with LeBron if he didn't hype himself up, but since he does he should walk the walk.

The Cavs owner is willing to give LeBron whatever he wants, at least he'll try to. He'll get him a new coach, new GM, new players etc. If LeBron was playing for Cohan I wouldn't blame him for a second for wanting to leave.

The Cavs had their chance.. they took the risk of trading for Jamison and now they're stuck with him, as opposed to having that space to bring a free agent to Cleveland. LeBron doesn't hype himself up... anyone who has a passion for anything should want to be the best at it... thats competitive human nature. The media hypes up LeBron... just like they hype up Strasburg and just like they'll hype up the next superstar phenom. The Cavaliers are TRASH. Shows you how good their team is when a 60 win coach is fired ... excuse me, it shows you how ONE DIMENSIONAL (the Cleveland LeBrons) a team is ...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Oh, now it all makes sense. You're a LeBron hater :) Lol @ expecting him to win a championship without another great player or a great cast of teammates [Pistons] .... or a great coach [did you forget that guy by the name of Phil Jackson? Yeah... he helps sometimes] ...

People have unrealistic expectations of LeBron... even when his teammates missed EVERY shot in the playoffs it was still all his fault. He can't have ONE off night, ever. It's LeBron. He's the new guy we hold to ridiculous standards.

Beast I'd have no problem with LeBron if he didn't hype himself up, but since he does he should walk the walk.

The Cavs owner is willing to give LeBron whatever he wants, at least he'll try to. He'll get him a new coach, new GM, new players etc. If LeBron was playing for Cohan I wouldn't blame him for a second for wanting to leave.

The Cavs had their chance.. they took the risk of trading for Jamison and now they're stuck with him, as opposed to having that space to bring a free agent to Cleveland. LeBron doesn't hype himself up... anyone who has a passion for anything should want to be the best at it... thats competitive human nature. The media hypes up LeBron... just like they hype up Strasburg and just like they'll hype up the next superstar phenom. The Cavaliers are TRASH. Shows you how good their team is when a 60 win coach is fired ... excuse me, it shows you how ONE DIMENSIONAL (the Cleveland LeBrons) a team is ...

Just curious here Beast, would you actually root for a LeBron/Bosh/Wade Miami team?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 pm
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

Just curious here Beast, would you actually root for a LeBron/Bosh/Wade Miami team?

Sorry to answer the question you posed to Beast, but I would! Im not a huge NBA fan outside of the Warriors, but would definitely root for the Heat if they made those moves, unless they were playing the Dubs.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:47 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

Sorry to answer the question you posed to Beast, but I would! Im not a huge NBA fan outside of the Warriors, but would definitely root for the Heat if they made those moves, unless they were playing the Dubs.

I guess I just don't get the appeal. Why not take it a step further and have this...

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron
PF - Bosh
C - D.Howard

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm
Chum wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

I guess I just don't get the appeal. Why not take it a step further and have this...

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron
PF - Bosh
C - D.Howard

If the Miami thing happens, I'm gonna be a hater. And I'm gonna smirk as Udoh blocks LeBron's butt. I'm gonna laugh as Curry sinks three after three.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
Imagine if D-Wade Lebron and Bosh came to the Warriors... would you not pop an immediate boner? If you don't, you're gay. Don't ask me how that works either, you just are.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm
Chum wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron
PF - Bosh
C - D.Howard

Its not like they are the Yankees and just going out and getting whoever they want. They are working within the confines of the same salary cap that everybody else has to work with. You were rooting hard for the Celtics, they only got where they were at when they picked up the huge contract players like KG and Ray Allen.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 pm
man, all this conversation for something that is not even going to happen.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:07 pm
bada wrote:man, all this conversation for something that is not even going to happen.

It's boring as hell waiting for free agency to start. Plus no football yet :(

btw I think it sucked for the Celtics to get all those players at once. Didn't change the fact that I was a Cetic fan though. Just because I don't like the free agency system doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching basketball.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 pm
Paul Pierce opts out. Leaves over $21 million on the table.

He wants the max with a no trade clause and that puts the Celts in a tough spot. They have to keep him but they're going to wish they didn't max him out in 2 years.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Paul Pierce opts out. Leaves over $21 million on the table.

He wants the max with a no trade clause and that puts the Celts in a tough spot. They have to keep him but they're going to wish they didn't max him out in 2 years.

hmm, that is a bit suprising
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 pm
lol he's screwing em. Awesome

Jian Li got traded to the Wizards for nothing. More free cap space for NJ though
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Paul Pierce opts out. Leaves over $21 million on the table.

What a ungrateful greedy bastard.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 pm
Pworld wrote:

What a ungrateful greedy bastard.

??? For exercising an option that was put into his contract and given every right to do so? I dont get that mentality Pworld.

I mean if he was threatening to hold out or something and not honor is contract THEN I would totally understand.

Do you feel the same way about Amare? Dirk? LeBron, etc?

He already gets the max so it really amounts to just getting an extension... however CBA rules forbid a no-trade clause from being inserted into a contract, however with a new contract for someone with 8+ years and 4 with the same team, he can get a no-trade clause as part of his contract.

I really dont blame him at all. Especially when you consider the fact that the over 36 rule prohibits him from making the max once he hits 36 years old...since he is 33 (I think) they could only over him a 3 year max contract. If he waits till the contract expires, that only leaves two. This way it still pretty much works out the same but he can get a no-trade clause which I know if I were a player, I would love the ability to deny trades to somewhere I absolutely dont want to play and live. I think he has earned that right.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 pm
bada wrote:

hmm, that is a bit suprising

Not really... he was talking about it since the season ended. Probably thought about that option all the time, but didn't say anything to not be a distraction during their title run. But I don't see it as a surprise at all, because his value is at its max right now.

If he waits two years and his performance is not as good... he's screwed. Even if it is, he's screwed because he's two years older. So basically it's just a wise business option.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum