Whats Diogus future here?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:23 pm
Even when Rich, Dunleavy, Taft and Cheaney are all hurt, he still only gets 15 mins.

Foyle, Dunleavy and Murphy are all locked up so I'm wondering why we drafted him at all.

He'd be much better on another team.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:28 pm
no reply to defend him yet.

my point exactly :)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:30 am
I wanted Granger instead of Ike. But Mullin knew he was resigning Dunleavy before the draft so no need for Granger with Dunleavy and Pietrus at the 3.

Ike wasnt a bad draft pick, rather good actually, but your right if we keep Murphy he is gonna get 35+ minutes a night. Ike is too small for the 5 so with those two factors Ike will never develop the potential he has. Knowing that Ike needs to be traded now while his value is at his highest.
So thats why i woulda loved trading him and Dunleavy for Artest when we had the chance. Doesnt make sense keeping him now so i really think we missed another Baron Davis Trade type steal not moving Ike.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:44 am
Cosmos wrote:no reply to defend him yet.

my point exactly :)

:dontknow: Who knows?. He doesn't play. I'm sure he's still part of the front office future view of thw Warriors (why label him as "untouchable" if not?), but I really can't say what they're trying to do.

It's not about defending him, it should be about defending a pick the team doesn't use. If he doesn't play, he can't help the team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:05 am
Makes no sense! A high draft pick who has a needed skill and he is rarely used

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:22 pm
Golden State plays Murphy and Diogu the way Miami plays Shaq and Zo. It's a shame to leave such talent on the bench, but I, for one, would rather be stacked at this position than not have anybody.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:45 pm
remember baron doesnt listen to the coach, when diogu is in there baron doesnt give him a chance he'd rather launch a 25 footer. brick. montgomery doesnt keep him in cuz of defensive reasons, he's not saying dont pass it it ike.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:03 pm
I disagree about Baron being the problem for Diogu here. Baron is the player that gets Diogu and the big men involved. No, maybe it's not as consistant as it could be, but he does it more than anybody else. I don't think Fisher, Jason, Dunleavy or Murphy are the ones that get Diogu involved.

Granger does look like an interesting pick now. He looks like Shawn Marion part two. I would like to have him on this team because of his rebounding and defense, along with scoring, above Dunleavy or anybody else for SF on this team.

With Montgomery's rotations, really nobody gets consistant minutes or really fair chances at playing so much besides the big six(the six with the big extentions). It's hard to see what anybody's future from the bench is for the Warriors. But the last two games have shown that we do have some good players there waiting to play on the bench and needing to play more. If Diogu got more of a chance, I think he'd be a good fit for this team. But then again, with his lack of height maybe he won't flurish so much as a starter in the league. That was one of the risks we took on him in the draft, but I still hope that it all comes around sometime.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:13 am
Okay. In situation, who would you draft rather than Diogu? Gerald Green? Antoine Wright? Sean May?

Theres only several players after the 9th pick who have lightly stood out which would be mostly guards and I think Diogu does have a future with the Warriors. They just have to be patient enough to build his skills. I think defensively he's too raw which is attributed by is undersize and just being a rookie. In the offseason, if he stacks some weight and learns how to play the double by feeding the ball to the outside. He'll do fine. Thats his main weakness, ever since college. He can't handle the double and other teams know.
New. Stuff.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:10 am
it doesnt take a rocket scientist

Diogu can't play the 5
Murphys not giving up the PF spot
Diogu cant play the 3

Foyle, Murphy and Dunleavy are all locked up long term.

Whats that equal.

Not a lot of minutes.

Good player, wrong team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:26 am
BT wrote:Okay. In situation, who would you draft rather than Diogu? Gerald Green? Antoine Wright? Sean May?

Obviously, it has to be someone drafted below 9th... so the answer is... nobody.

I wanted Diogu or Hakim Warrick, in that order (and I still think Diogu has more upside than Warrick). Other players I like are Salim Stoudamire, Francisco García and Luther Head, but none of these could have been the 9th pick. So I still think Mullin did the right think choosing Diogu.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am
Ike Diogu was the right choice, but it's just another Pietrus-vs-Dunleavy thing, only this time at power forward. Murphy's name was thrown into the Ron Artest trade... think, maybe, Mully's shopping him around to free up space for Diogu?

Probably not this season, but in a couple more, the choice will be more obvious. If Diogu continues to improve (or even perform the way he currently does), then Mullin may have no choice but to look for a trade to unload Murphy. I don't think Pietrus has the same value as Diogu; Mickael seems to be straight athletic ability with raw talent, which would be great if it all settled together in a superstar mold, but Ike Diogu is a clear-cut player. You know what you get with Ike: inside scoring, midrange jumpers, slick post moves, offensive glass, defensive presence, and help-side shot blocking. If he continues playing like that during games, Mullin will have to choose.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:58 pm
TMC wrote:
BT wrote:Okay. In situation, who would you draft rather than Diogu? Gerald Green? Antoine Wright? Sean May?

Obviously, it has to be someone drafted below 9th... so the answer is... nobody.

I wanted Diogu or Hakim Warrick, in that order (and I still think Diogu has more upside than Warrick). Other players I like are Salim Stoudamire, Francisco García and Luther Head, but none of these could have been the 9th pick. So I still think Mullin did the right think choosing Diogu.

who said we had to draft anybody at all?

we could have traded it for someone like Kaman for instance. Maybe someone like Curry.

People say Diogu was a good pick, I dont.

He'll be stuck on the bench for the next 3-5 years.

Hows that a good pick?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:34 am
Cosmos wrote:who said we had to draft anybody at all?

we could have traded it for someone like Kaman for instance. Maybe someone like Curry.

People say Diogu was a good pick, I dont.

He'll be stuck on the bench for the next 3-5 years.

Hows that a good pick?

I don't think we could have gotten a lot for that pick. Certainly, not Kaman. And I'm not sold on Curry (who, btw, was traded for players, a pick, and the rights to exchange picks next year).

Most people agree Diogu was a good pick, but he can't prove it if he doesn't play, but that's a head coach decision.

And I'm sure Diogu or Murphy will be traded. Probably not this season, but we won't have them both for the next 3 years...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:50 am
#32 wrote:Ike Diogu was the right choice, but it's just another Pietrus-vs-Dunleavy thing, only this time at power forward.

For the record there is no way Id ever compare Murphy to Dunleavy in any situation, debate or arguement. I think thats insulting to Murphy as a player.

If we keep murphy we need to get a 5 who can post up, thats all.
Next

Return to Trades