Kevin Pritchard fired!

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm
WOW, one hour before the draft Pritchard got fired.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 pm
Fair to say there was a disagreement on who should be picked
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 pm
Everybody knew for the last month that Pritchard was out as the Blazers GM... but firing him ONE HOUR before the draft is as low as it gets.

Keep him out of the decision, alright... but to just fire him, at that point... sorry, but I've lost A LOT of respect for the way Portland works, particularly his owner. You just can't do that. It's ok to replace him, but not like that.

Moderator
Posts: 5365
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 pm
well prichard was fired an hour before the draft, but he still was responsible for the entire draft. so he was still working even after he was fired. weird.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:57 pm
He wasn't fired before the draft, he was notified that he was going to be fired after the draft. Basically, dead man walking. Not quite dead yet though
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:04 am
ha so he trades for babbit, then gets fired



cant wait til Chum see's this

Starting Lineup
Posts: 886
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:50 am
we should target him. I thought he did ok in Portland outside of the Oden pick.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 am
Beast Mode wrote:He wasn't fired before the draft, he was notified that he was going to be fired after the draft. Basically, dead man walking. Not quite dead yet though


Actually he was fired BEFORE the draft. But he asked if he could still run the draft for them. That is a man of integrity rigth there. I would be like... "F you bitches!"

Moderator
Posts: 5365
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 am
bada wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:He wasn't fired before the draft, he was notified that he was going to be fired after the draft. Basically, dead man walking. Not quite dead yet though


Actually he was fired BEFORE the draft. But he asked if he could still run the draft for them. That is a man of integrity rigth there. I would be like... "F you bitches!"


well, he is thinking about his next job (maybe with the warriors [-o< ). I am sure many teams will be very interested in Prichard.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am
bada wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:He wasn't fired before the draft, he was notified that he was going to be fired after the draft. Basically, dead man walking. Not quite dead yet though


Actually he was fired BEFORE the draft. But he asked if he could still run the draft for them. That is a man of integrity rigth there. I would be like... "F you bitches!"


That's ridiculous... I mean, if the team fires you, why would they let you run the draft for them?. It's... I don't have words to say how weird that is.


I can understand why Pritchard did it, because it's, after all, the team he assembled... but why did Portland allow him to if they didn't trust him?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 am
Tarantism wrote:we should target him. I thought he did ok in Portland outside of the Oden pick.


Its really hard to fault him for the Oden pick. Durant was a cant miss, but Oden looked like a legit Center.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 am
Quazza wrote:ha so he trades for babbit, then gets fired



cant wait til Chum see's this


No, no. They fired him, then asked him to finish up picking players in the draft. They scored huge getting Babbitt so late and Pritchard will be getting a big time payday with some other team very soon I'm sure.

Stupid on Portland's part. Pritchard was a stand up guy.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests